How do you build war depth?

Glad you mentioned yellow not having a 4* healer since it’s the only color that doesn’t. Also the only color now that doesnt have a 4* “pulverizer” hero, or a defense buffer in general in either 4* or 5*(not counting jackal as he is purely elemental and single target). Yellow also doesnt have a dispeller.

Not sure why the lack of balance in this color other than SG thought wu made up for all of these shortcomings but now that wars are such a big part of the game, i feel it may be time to rethink that logic.

There also isnt a yellow that does “extra damage vs dark” and there is at least 1 5* in all the other colors that does(hel, nat, zel, gravemaker, athena)

3 Likes

Yeah yellow is really quite lacking in the 4* department. Chao isn’t even very good as a sniper or a utility hero. I leveled two of him to mitigate that.

1 Like

I use a tc2, 2 tc11s, and a tc20
If i run out of packs in tc2 then it converts to a tc1
If i stock up more than 15 trainings in my tc20 que then I’ll take the qued trainings out and convert a tc11 to a tc19 training and dump the “extra” tc20 trainings i have into there until i only have 10 in tc20.

1tc20 training converts to 50 tc19 trainings and doesnt cut into the food i currently have in stock

And yes i dump all feeders into 1 hero for the most part.

Only time i dont is when i have a 5* over level 40 in 3rd tier or over level 30 in 4th tier. Then it only gets 2*. Save my 3* and higher and training feeders for when i have a 5* at 4/60. At those stages i dump my 1* into my next “project”. Typically maxing special skills by top of 2nd tier for 5*. Typicaly somewhere in 3rd tier for 4*.

So far in the past 7 days I’ve leveled 4 5* from 1/1 to 3/70

3 Likes

impressive…

1 Like

I focus on fast hitters, healers, and dispellers. Those that controller Mana are great too.

As for leveling, I work 5 heroes at a time using mainly TC11 with 2 and 19 mixed in.

1 Like

Eh still trying to strategize how to build more since that quantity and time seems low to me. I’m sure others have found different ways. Plus I’m not maxing any 5* at the moment simply catching up my useful dupes and extras.

This is how I’m thinking as well.

1 Like

I’ve been sitting on all my 5s as it just takes FOREVER to level them. I’m running 3 TC11s and a TC1/2 depending on inventory. That setup levels 5 4s to 3/60 in about 2 weeks. You have to figure it will take me 4 weeks to get a 5 to 3/70 and that is painful. I will start working towards getting a TC19 going soon but it will probably take a week to get the TC leveled.

A lot though depends on it you have the mats or not. I know I’m getting low and it can be tough to decide who to give the mats too

I’ve crossed the threshold of having more heroes I can possibly use in war, but before I got to that point, I had to level up my heroes one after another and always 5 heroes of 5 different elements.

When you’re starting 4* and 5* heroes, if you want war depth, don’t try to get 5* heroes to 4/80 and 4* heroes to 4/70. Get the 5* to around 4/50 or so and the 4* to around 4/40, then work on leveling some other heroes to get them usable in the wars. the last few levels take so long and so much resources that you could have got another hero up to the point where he is usable, increasing your usable roster for wars. Yes, this would slow down your progress in defense, raid, and titan heroes, but it’s up to you on what aspect of this game is more important to you. defense teams are used 100% of the time (very important). Raid teams you use a lot. titan flags are slow so you don’t use titan teams often (but a good alliance will contribute, it’s a team effort). AW teams you use twice a week, up to you how important that is. I like wars, even though it’s only twice a week, so it was important for me.

Been playing for over 2 months, so I am scrambling to efficiently build depth beyond my maxed 4s and 3/70 5s. I stick to color coordination, farm for backpacks for common/uncommon feeders, and once a hero reaches 50 at any level, the 1* feeders go to an unleveled hero, only 2 or better for the main focus until they ascend and 1s make a difference again. So I am usually working on 7 or so at once. My SH just hit 18, and I only level 4s and 5s. Wu is the only one I diverted focus for; strictly for titans.

2 Likes

3 stars are faster to max, but at some point (when you get 30 4/5s to use in wars) then you won’t need those 3s except for events. So it’s up to you if it is worth it or not to max a few 3s to use in AW for now. The maxed 3s won’t go to waste because depending on the opponents lineups (the hero colors they are using) you might opt to use some of your 3s (depending on color) instead of some of your 4s. For example, if an opponent is using a yellow tank, you might want to use your maxed 3 star Balthazar and Tyrum instead of your unmaxed 4 star Li Xiu and Chao.

My girlfriend’s daughter is going hardcore with her war depth.

She has ceased all of her primary team fortification (maxing her 4T heroes) and is now color-feeding the lowest heroes first. Her goal is to get all heroes to the limit farmable materials will allow.

E.g. She is bringing all Tier 1 heroes to Tier 2. Feeding colors only. So far she has 40 heroes and only 1 is left at Tier 1 last I checked. Then, ofc she will take all tier 2 to tier 3/60 (for 4*, 2/60 for 5*)

1 Like

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is people building particular colors. It’s a common tactic for everyone in an alliance to use the same color tank, hoping to exhaust their foes’ benches of the color that is strong against the tank (or at least limit the number of strong-color stacks).

Two colors have far better tanks than the others:

• Yellow (all of the 5* except Joon and Musashi are good to great tanks)
  • Red (Gravemaker, Ares, etc.)

While we do see blue, green or (rarely) purple tanks, those two colors represent 90% of the wars I’ve seen. Consequently, I’ve been building up extra purples and blue heroes to make sure I’ve always got at least two strong color on six war teams, and preferably being able to at least double up on three hits. That means 12 blue and 12 purples.

3 Likes

It actually means 12*5 = 60 heroes to cover all possible colors and 6 to 12 healers within that 60. :smiley:

1 Like

If I needed to be able to double every possible tank combo, yes, but I’ve never seen an alliance use an all-green or all-purple tank strategy. Falcons and Jackals are just too common.

But, yes, I do in fact have about 60 war-ready heroes, 20 5* and 40 4*. I like deep benches.

1 Like

May be it’s because you play with higher alliances than I do. In Alliances with members from upper platinum raiding arena Kashhrek is one of the most popular tanks, so we faced an alliance where 80% of teams had Kaskhrek as a tank. The rest had Zelina or Horglar or Gregorian.

In the nearest future we might expect Mother North as a frequently used tank.

I’m not sure about purple though. never met such an alliance. However, in the same level Rigard and Cyprian are also popular tanks and likely can be used across the alliance added by Quntus and Aeron

1 Like

Good point. We’ve never encountered all green or purple tanks either, but at the level you are at right now then Kashhrek is probably the best tank to use so some alliance might want to go all green. But consider when your alliance moves up then you won’t be facing green tanks anymore (even if a few players have Mother North, it won’t be worth it for the rest of the alliance to go green, maybe if they ALL have Mother North).

oh SuuriKoira! I didn’t notice that was you! I used to be in your alliance. I see you’re the leader now, congrats!

1 Like