How do you build around a kashrek tank?

So SWEG, what did you end up running and how did it go in your last war?

I didn’t go ahead with my Rigard-Kiril swap after all.
I ran with: Rig- BT- Kash- Grimm -Gravy (3-70) and it seemed to work :slight_smile:

I’ve settled on this for now, it’s not doing so bad. Overnight I got raided 15 times and only lost 6 cups lol. My war defense is completely different, my alliance all used blue tanks this war.

5 Likes

Ah fair enough, it’s working well enough then.

My raid defense is also quite different (3/5) and using BT as a tank there. Which gives me a decent win-loss ratio to revenge raid with. Kashhy seems to scare people off more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been getting raided a lot more using kash tank than I did with boldtusk tank lol. People are enthusiastically raiding me. I’ve noticed they’ve tried all 3 times as well sometimes. That used to happen rarely. People would move on if they lost twice.

A few players with full 5* teams have lost against this setup which makes me happy. It’s gotta be the mana denial and kashreks big heal.

1 Like

Just 2 cents here.

Sonya doesn’t get as much love as she deserves. I think she is not only resilient, but hits hard.

And I think the same about LJ (even though he is much slower). ATM, You have two dispellers in ur lineup. why not try:

Sonya / Kash / BT / LJ / Grimm

They’ll send down those blue tiles to get BT, and charge old mates either side.

3 Likes

I should have kept reading… carry on…

1 Like

I like this idea too I might try something like that sometime. Little John is great if his special goes off. If I used him on defense I’d probably use triton instead of grimm to increase healing though.

2 Likes

True, but put Triton left rear and Sonya right rear to get that healing bonus. Anyway, you have moved to a better place!

1 Like

It’s because people add up stats blindly (what I used to do).

When you compare Sonya and Caedmon the temptation is to assume Caedmon is superior on a straight stat add…

… but this completely changes once you realise that 1 unit of defence is worth 2 hp…

Sonya has 731 defence and Caedmon has 637

731-637= 94

That’s a 94*2 = 188 hp gap

Caedmon’s hp is 1128

Sonya’s is 1011

Caedmon has 117 more hp but loses out by 71 hp after converting defence to hp (188-117)

Caedmon has 635 attack vs Sonya’s 607 but can’t close the 71 point gap in that respect, although his special does more damage because of the higher attack stat.

Sonya is probably better overall, especially on defence

4 Likes

Falcon, Kiril, Kashrek, Grimm, Scarlett.

Double blue flank gets the heal and the red defense bonus making them unkillable vs. Red attack.

Kiril’s dragon banner beefs up Kash with an extra 30% and a heal while giving everyone an atk boost too.

Grimm hits 3 with defense down, Falcon hits all with elemental defense down and Scarlett hits 3 with red attack.

It’s a well balanced and tough defense to try and attack against. I’d probably try a yellow or purple stack to avoid the weak colours to blue (Kiril and Grimm) and red (Falcon and Scarlett) stacks as well buffed red defense from Kash. A bad board and you are punished and you are only ever going to be attacking with a neutral attack.

2 Likes

I like that idea too I just dislike falcon being in the back. He has average mana and a fairly low attack stat. The best way for his elemental debuff to be used effectively is if it can keep charging relatively quickly, but then if he’s up front the team loses the double blue flanks…

I changed my mind and I changed my defense. I still don’t like falcon in the back but I really like Kiril and Grimm flanking kashrek, and Scarlett works great with that setup. Falcon is the best red choice for left wing here I’m just not sure how often his elemental debuff will help. At least he’s tanky and will make color stacking weird for opponents.

1 Like

BTW, I am having fun looking at my defense wins with Kashrek as tank in the mid diamonds.

Too many attacks on me but the fun part is looking at the defense wins.

Conclusion, Kashrek is one of the best not too difficult to obtain and to level up tank in the game.

Of course, other factors like synergy comes into play as well but it is just fun to see the results as compared to using only 5* heroes as tanks.

P.S. I am bored :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

He is one i might skip raiding against. There were a couple setups with him flanking and a GM right behind him on the wing. He drove me crazy in that setup!

I feel like I am trolling raiders with him as tank cause he is only a 4* but I am not the one attacking so that doesn’t count does it? :stuck_out_tongue:

No, it doesn’t count. He is probably the best 4* tank. You get a bad board, or even a good one sometimes and he will keep healing up those wing men, who depending on who they are…can just devastate you!
You just set up a good defense!

1 Like

I raid with my 3/1/1 green/purple/red team Kashrek tanks very successfully.

I just send any other tiles against him and try to leave green after he has proced. He dies fast after that. I think most peeps struggle against him cause they stack red - when you stack any other colour against him you could care less about his special.

Yes that is true but that is the secret to defeating him.

Sssshhhhhhhhhhh… :wink:

The funny part is that he loses against lower rankers and wins against higher rankers. I still lose more cups than I win but it is just so fun. Still hanging around 2600 cups as of now with no idea how many attacks on me already. Having super tanks, people re-roll but having Kash as tank people will try no matter what. My purpose is not to deter people from raiding but to raid me more so I have a large pool of people I can revenge on. :joy:

Rigard - grimm - kashrek - scarlett - wukong

1 Like