How do you beat Telluria in raids?

Telly herself is not the problem. She won’t kill you herself. What she does is keep her team alive so they can kill you.

Taking out dangerous wings/flanks first is a viable strategy, especially if you have better synergies stacking against them

5 Likes

If you kill the body, the head will fall.

Same as how I learned to beat Kashhrek all those months ago.

5 Likes

The same is said when removing the head, the body will die. Philosophies aside, either approach is heavily dependant on the heroes involved on both sides.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s true. So much has been said trying to address Telluria directly, it’s worth a reminder that removing the supporting cast has been shown to be successful as well.

Bring strong greens to address Vela and Telly while throwing in two healers or at least one healer and another cleanser to deal with the burns. I’ve found success with my own Telly and Mel20

2 Likes

I am also thinking of Kage as a weapon.
I think purple is my best guess against her when flanked with Vela. I have two Kage at 3.70. other maxed and relevant purples here Seshat, Sartana, Ursena, Costume.Rigard. At 3.70 Kage is to fragile for the whole fight. I have 7 tabards and was hesitant to ascend him as I wanted to wait for Clarissa. Now, as I still severely struggle against Telluria (many of them are severely emblemed, with +18 to +20 you face), my question is: who may be the better weapon against her? Kage or Clarissa in current form? What do you guys think?

i went mitsuko, gormek, scarlett, lianna and melenor and won 2 games earlier with that team, one war vs a 14 emblem telly and a raid vs a 4 emb. didnt have super amazing boards either but i made it work. mitsuko really hurt the velas and it was glorious.

This is my Tellu-team atm. It is surprisingly efficient, I have taken down global top100 teams with it.

A mono team can take anyone out if the gems are lucky. I go mono and while it works, wow does it flame out too.

1 Like

True, nothing is foolproof. Mono is still the way I feel is easiest and fastest to do telly-tanks. Bad board punishes everyone from time to time., no matter what heroes you use.

1 Like

Telly and Kunchen often need 7 strong mono tiles to get killed.

Maybe that leads to a 25% higher chance to cast at least once. If Telly cast the chance to lose will increase dramatically.

Against Kun you’ll be able to win even after 2 or 3 casts, against Telly I only won a few times after her 2nd cast.

1 Like

My current team against Telluria is Mitsuko, Zimkitha, costumed Elena, Kageburado, costumed Rigard. Winrate is around 70-80%.
The plan is to use Kage plus 3 red tiles to kill Tell (a tactic that I employ against almost all tanks).

Well my early red mono success seems to have evaporated, not so much because of Telluria, but because of her constant sidekick, Vela

Did I say sidekick? More like roundhouse to the head

Might have experiment with some other strategy…

2 Likes

Just a general question, is it because you’re in a streak of not enough red tiles? Or are you getting tiles, but Vela keeps going off?

I ask because I started with a JF, Zimkitha, Marjana, Melandor, Proteus team. It seemed to work well, but then I ran into a lengthy streak of no reds (lots of blue and green though). So I couldn’t tell if it was just bad luck or bad team design. At any case, I did change it to JF, Zimkitha, Marjana, Lianna, and Rigard (with costume and mana node bonuses), which seems to work a little better, though still dependent on red tiles. It’s basically as fast a team as I can put together. However, getting green tiles is enough to have Lianna significantly damage/kill Telluria.

Long story short, I’m curious at what point one decides that it’s team composition, rather than lack of tiles that is the problem.

Look how effortlessly I destroy your red stack

-Vela

3 Likes

Huh? Tellie dies with 4 mono tiles.

1 Like

Agree. Tile damage is Telly’s weakness (relative to Kunchen), and without Vela and GM Telly will die from strong red mono or 4-1.

1 Like

Yeah the question is mostly “how do you beat GM Tellu vela” combo.
My answer is for those defenses, so if your only interested in beating tellu, just dont read it. :slight_smile:

Just my personal thoughts:
Those “future defenses” with the heros above mostly work with heavy damage on all of your heroes.

(While “old defenses” worked with defdowner and hard hitter (Kunchen and lianna, seshat, magni and so on). Often your heroes got oneshotted without healing chance)

It seems to be possible to outheal a lot, because as hard as the damage gets, it spreads to your team.
So maybe try two healers. Grazul and rigard foe example. One of them ready to use will take away the pain.

I will do more testing too, but one quick and one stable healer, combined maybe with another Cleaner should do the trick.

But: dont ever forget that we are talking from defenses with 4600+ strength and most players including me, have around 3800 to 4000 attack teams.
Its really hard to break over 600 to 800 difference teampower. (Try to remember your first pvp and war attempts with 3000 teams on 4000s. Yes, it can work, but you also remember times where you were totally busted :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I think it depends on a team. Also Telluria in different teams have different levels of talent grid. Yesterday I dealt with a Telluria +18 and 6 red tiles from a mono team was not enough.
My team was BT (chef)+20, Queen Of Heart, Wilbur, G. Falcon, Marjana

Yes, that is a lot of low tile damage heros.

1 Like

So the dilemma is: either you bring some useful specials or higher tile damage. :frowning: