How do you beat Telluria in raids?

Plus Malosi will help in 2 days…

1 Like

Agree for the most part. I have Poseidon, but the downside to him is that he has to fire first. If Telluria fires first, you still will have the mana slow and it negates the reason you brought him in the first place. For example, in the past I’ve tried using Poseidon as a utility hero against Guinevere (with 4 purple). Either Guin died from purple tiles or Poseidon did not fire before her, so the mana cut happened anyways.

I’d say Fast is sufficient for a cleanse against Telluria, but Very Fast is probably required for an ability that blocks ailments, but will not cleanse them.

Agree…SG doesn’t pull heroes out of a hat. They know Telluria is good and they won’t nerf and upset all the Tellurians, but to keep it balanced they know they are releasing back-to-back VF heroes in the next two months

1 Like

If you get LotL to go, you’ll have plenty of time and a soft fall with 2 mum.

Was lucky to charge Hansel before Telly. Otherwise slowies will probably never charge.

1 Like

Don’t I know it! I’ve felt the frustration whenever Tell fires before Grazul or Poseiden.

It’s not going to be easy, otherwise there wouldn’t be such a post with so many comments.

However, Poseiden is fast, a 5* and neutral vs both GM and Vela. Just pointing out that he’s now more effective than before Telluria was introduced.

• Speed is the most important thing. Go faster!
  • Next it’s who does less damage (between GM and Vela) so greens > reds

@Ender_BattleSchool talk about perfect timing on introducing Malosi followed by purple hotm.
Read how they nerfed Malosi from fast to very fast. Not coincidence.

4 Likes

They nerfed his special, becoming very fast was just to compensate the nerf a little.

2 Likes

Has anyone faced an Alliance War with Green tanks (Telluria or Heimdall) - vela - GM flanks yet? I mean they could be beatable in a single raid scenario but what about in a war where you are trying to flip the board as much as possible?

So after few weeks of try and fails my observation on this def, especially GM and vela flancks, fast sniper wings kind of.

On telluria herself considering her def and hp values even a mono needs more than 3 tiles to kill her, while a 3 need more than 6 tiles, but a 4 needs only 2 matches, which let a slot for someone else.

Second issue is Vela and GM, basicaly they cause troubles on both red and green. But last trys show that Vela is more an issue than gravemaker.

Lake of heal on red side makes it very difficult to stand in front of Vela and her improved damages.
On other hand green struggle in front of GM.

Of course there is some solution here in said colors. Vela can be countered with Mitsuko and GM is countered with Kingstone.

In fact, considering kingstone is fast while Mitsuko is average makes kingstone a more likely bet.

So with these observations in mind I tried the following team

One last observation, while im used to use a lot of snipers and less heal usualy, due to high emblems and troops, good heal rotation allow to hold some cs to the good timing.

Kingstone Center is important, it’s most likely where GM would strike, and with Kingstone debuff he hits like a kitty.

Get good result with this team. Using some flank last night figthing only tellu.

To go deeper, using yellow and dark can also work with some heroes like gazelle and of course rigard, rigard and again rigard.

3 Likes

Fast should be, but not with the boards I got tonight. Used all my raid flags on Telluria tanks and the red gems were non-existent. It’s maddening when you just get hosed over and over and see everything but red gems fall out. Literally 6 raids and I couldn’t charge up a single red hero. It wouldn’t matter anyways because they always kill Mitsuko for some reason first. RNG my ■■■!

1 Like

my team to defeat telly is the same as to defeat gin

this is the one I use in my alter

This is a sped up video of myself taking on Telluria. These are the kinds of teams that I feel can counter her quite well, unfortunately (if you notice) they’re all paywall heroes. This will undoubtedly be the new norm.

I hope you enjoy the video and learn from my mistakes.

P.S. I know that Alberich is the true MVP here.

3 Likes

I just found a Telluria tem I just could not beat.

Surprisingly she was not flanked by Vela, but by Alasie and Kunchen, with GM and Drake Fong at the wings.

She died rather easily, but the rest of the team worked great, boards were midground (not good, not horrible)

Still think she’s not OP, but definitely the best tank in the game, and a color we are not used to fight.

The problem for me is lack of red snipers. If my Marjana dies it becomes really really tough to finish enemies off in the wings. Of course this applies to a mono stack, but that’s been the most successful way for me. All my other red heroes are support type heroes.

Seshat in particular is a real PITA if she is left on the wing and I’m down to heroes like Zim and Boldtusk. Without a line of red on the edge she becomes almost impossible to kill. I’ve encountered a few situations where I just couldn’t kill the lone Seshat remaining.

1 Like

That’s a game wide issue. SG has neglected to create another red sniper and it baffles many of us. Considering the amount of snipers in the other colors, it doesn’t make much sense to me or many others why they have hesitated on creating such a hero.

1 Like

I think Tyr is their response, great hero.

Once I get GM, I will chase Santa on steroids.

My Telly team currently…

Does Tyr hit harder than Malosi?

similar in special:

TYR: 285 x 760: 216‘600 (plus the bleed damage over time)

MALOSI: 300 x 743: 222‘900

2 Likes

How do I report a bug with Telluria? There’s a “glitch” no matter who you bring that strong tiles don’t show up til after she’s gone off and her flanks are charged… it doesn’t matter what color your bring ( tried them all )it repeatedly happens. P.S. I’m asking here because the moderator gang has gone “closing/merging” thread happy

You create an official thread in the Bugs and Issues section of the forum.

On a personal note I don’t know if it is a real bug. I haven’t had that experience fighting Telluria. About half my fights I have a good board and the other half not so good.

And to stay on topic… :slight_smile: I often fight Telluria the same way I fight Guin, Ursena, or Aegir tanks. If I have a good board I direct attack more with tiles and try to build up my specials. If I have a bad board I focus on flanks and wings with tiles in an effort to weaken them and build up my specials. Then I attack flanks and/or tanks as appropriate.