How do you beat Telluria in raids?

More accurately, what are some strategies you have used successfully to beat the combination of a Telly tank with GM and Vela flanks?

I’m generally pretty good at raiding. I sit comfortably around 2500-2600 trophies, and I have had a pretty consistent win rate of around 80-85% regardless of which tank I face. I don’t reroll for easier matches, and I only revenge if I recognize the opponent. I have a deep bench, which gives me a lot of flexibility in choosing my team, but I haven’t found the right combination yet.

I’m winning less than half against that three-headed monster. I’ve tried mono, 4-1, 3-2, 3-1-1, snipers, DoT, mana control, minions. What strategies have you used successfully?

12 Likes

I don’t change my raid team at all whenever raiding and use the same Proteus - GM - Jabberwock - Rigard w/ cost bonus - Tarlak on pretty much all my raids.

Despite that I think you stack a neutral 3-2 against that combination with a cleanse and mana control. (So Holy-Dark).

2 Likes

I almost always go 4-1 on raids anyway.

Ariel, Gravemaker, Zimkitha, Natalya, Marjana

If I were restricted to 4*, I could still do it.

SkittleSkull-C, Wilbur, Boldtusk-C, Falcon, Colen

**EDIT:**I almost always win. Telluria never is the reason I lose. Grave/Vela is punishing on any board with any combo.

6 Likes

No Jabberwock, no costume for Rigard. No Hel either. What other darks would you try? I do have 2 maxed Proteus (Proteii?). I have Kunch, Sesh, Domi, Sarty, Aeron, and Panther

2 Likes

No Natalya. I’m currently leveling Tyr. Do you think he would work instead?

I don’t use the Rigard costume. I use the original (he just survives better with costume bonus stats).

I would use Rigard/Kunchen, Seshat, Proteus as the Dark part of that 3-2 (since you get the dispel from Seshat, too)

̷N̷a̷t̷a̷l̷y̷a̷ ̷h̷a̷s̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷e̷x̷t̷r̷a̷ ̷d̷a̷m̷a̷g̷e̷ ̷a̷g̷a̷i̷n̷s̷t̷ ̷n̷a̷t̷u̷r̷e̷ ̷s̷o̷ ̷I̷ ̷w̷o̷u̷l̷d̷ ̷s̷a̷y̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷m̷a̷y̷ ̷b̷e̷ ̷g̷o̷o̷d̷.̷ ̷I̷’̷m̷ ̷l̷e̷v̷e̷l̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷T̷y̷r̷ ̷r̷i̷g̷h̷t̷ ̷n̷o̷w̷ ̷a̷s̷ ̷w̷e̷l̷l̷ ̷s̷o̷ ̷I̷ ̷h̷a̷v̷e̷n̷’̷t̷ ̷b̷e̷e̷n̷ ̷a̷b̷l̷e̷ ̷t̷o̷ ̷t̷e̷s̷t̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷s̷t̷a̷c̷k̷ ̷o̷f̷ ̷h̷i̷s̷ ̷D̷o̷T̷ ̷t̷o̷ ̷m̷a̷k̷e̷ ̷a̷n̷ ̷o̷p̷i̷n̷i̷o̷n̷ ̷o̷n̷ ̷h̷i̷m̷.̷

Edit: changing it up from original thoughts where I said panther. Proteus with attack nodes makes a strong poison dot in addition to the mana control.

2 Likes

I don’t have Natalya. My reds are Anzogh, Grazul, Azlar, Zim-kitty, Marijuana, Santa and GM. Tyr is on second ascension, and I have BK and JF (plus Elena, Kestrel 3/70, Khagan 2/60) waiting in the wings.

1 Like

My greatest success so far has been with Zim-kitty for the fast cleanse, Grazul for blocking DoT, GM, and 2 other hitters.

4 Likes

I’m assuming you have, but how did Zim-Grazul-GM-Seshat-Proteus fair in your run against Telluria tanks?

I haven’t tried Sesh-Proteus. I tried Panther-Proteus, but I couldn’t keep Proteus alive long enough to fire

I go for speed with grazul, marj, drake, joon and then vivica as my only slow hero. hopefully grazul is ready to go before a dot is cast or vivica ready to go right after.

I honestly find telluria to be the easier of the common tanks (kunchen, guin, ursena, etc.) to go up against, vela or no vela. the aoe dot flanks like vela seem particularly weakened by blind where even if they land 1 hit they are likely to miss another or two.

in a perfect world, if I had the roster, mono red with 3 gms and 2 grazuls would be the way to go.

2 Likes

I’ll have to finish Viv before I can try that. She’s currently my yellow project at 3/1. I have Del as my yellow healer, but that team lacks a cleanse. I might try Drake, Joon, Panther, Proteus, Kunchen

1 Like

I prefer grazul with level 11 mana, JF, rigard costume, panther and Seshat.

Need to time grazul with 6 tiles right to avoid first teluria debuff and then, fire JF with 3 more red tiles before vela, get rigard and other purples ready with 9 tiles, may be make GM fire too, cleanse and attack buff from rigard, panther debuff and Seshat finish.

JF makes vela’s initial damage hurt less.

3 Likes

Once JF is leveled, I may try that. I don’t have Rigard’s costume. Do you think he would survive without it, or should I use Kunch instead?

1 Like

Rigard’s costume makes him effectively same speed as panther and Seshat. He needs only 9 tiles with level 5 mana troop. - but I guess if you have level 23 mana troop, that would be the same. The difference is the attack buff and HoT. With grazul as a small healer, better to have HoT than use all his heal at the same time. And with that attack buff, panther can sometimes kill a 1/3rd health hero.

2 Likes

I like proteus a lot but unless you emblem him, his hp and def is so low that he dies from dots or hits before I can use him almost all of the time.

I think red stack against tel+vel with a cleanse hero is better than no red stack. you really want the extra tile damage against tel.

that said, yurple is always awesome and the lineup you listed sounds pretty sweet

do you have someone other than proteus for your 3rd purple?

2 Likes

I take my standard raid attack team vs Telluria, and it works well enough.

Finley-Kiril-Vela-Grazul-Natalya

I ran across one the other day with Delilah and Freya flanks, so I took Grimble instead of Nat. He shined! For a brief moment, I saw it!

6 Likes

No Finley, no Natalya.

2 Likes

I think Rigard is still durable enough to survive @NPNKY if he’s emblemed.

3 Likes

I just use my usual 3-2 raid team: Kingston, Drake Fong, Telluria(or G.Gazelle), Onatel and Lady Locke and sink most of my initial tiles into the sides if I can. I find more Telluria teams have Vela than Gravemaker and if I can get rid of her early I don’t have too much trouble taking the rest of the team out. I have yet to lose to a Telluria tank, but have only really had average-to-good boards against her, no bad boards. I found the one Heimdall I faced more challenging.

1 Like