How do I put colorful writing in chat?

You can also search “hex code” images and pull up color maps like this:

8 Likes

Go for the lighter colors, because the background is a dark blue.

1. It is more pleasing to the eye.
  2. It makes it easier for others to read what you are typing.
2 Likes

Yes, please no eyebleedy colors! :wink:

4 Likes

I try and limit it to one phrase per message.

Example
8/8 4* 3.60 in green followed by code for white and the rest of the message “are better than 8/8 5* 2.60 then 8/8 3* 3.50 then 2* lastly 1* heroes using only farmable Ascension items.”

Personal color choices:

[#123456] Cyan Blue ( just for it’s hex number )

[#000000]Black

[#FF0000] Red

[#FFA500] Orange

[#FFD700] Gold
[#FF8C00] Dark_Orange

[#FFFF00] Yellow
[#00FF00] Lime -Green
[#00FFFF] Aqua -Blue
[#FF00FF] Fuchsia- Purple

[#FFFFFF] White

21 Likes

Very helpful! Thanks! I like Gold best so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reminder, colors are for In-Game Chat (Global, Peer Support, Off-Topic, Alliance Recruitment). It will not work here on the Forum.

I’m sorry for the thread necro. I couldn’t see a rule against this, so apologies if I missed it.

I’ve seen alliances recruiting with ads where their alliance name is centered at the top of the message. I like the look and I’m wondering how that works. Is there code to center text in in-game chat, or perhaps a way to make spaces or invisible text right at the beginning of a message? Any help would be appreciated. :grin:

Edit: I should mention I’ve tried &?nbsp; (without the ?)

1 Like

I’ve never been able to get centering text to work, only using tilde’s to make lines etc, by trial and error:

Etc etc
1 Like

You need to place hex colour codes prior to the text, in square brackets and a hash.

[# 123456] <——— this but without the space after the hash

I have been trying to color my text in chat like I see other people do some
of the posts say you have to contact support to learn how. Can you please
point me in the right direction?

The search option is your friend: here.

Merged threads.

~Rook

As this is requested quite often. Here is a tool for gradient chat messages: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

5 Likes

Anyone else think colorful chat meant swearing when they read this topic? There’s a trick for that too :slight_smile:

I guess in this case no one would post his/her intentions on here :rofl:

Thank you! I have indeed been wondering about this but always forget to take the time to look it up! :star_struck:

Shhhh… nobody has to know this! :wink: :grin:

Hehehehe…that’s why I didn’t say how :slight_smile:

This will probably be a dumb question. But if you only want to change a color mid sentence (like in alliance descriptions), how do you close the bracket?

Example:
The next word color will be red. But the rest will be normal colored.

So the normal text colors are black, if I just want the word red to be colored using the hex color code. How do I make the rest of the sentence black again? I’ve tried [/], [/#], or do I have to put in the hex code for black again where I want the black texts to start again?

Yes, for each change you need to adjust the color by code. By default the chat text is white.

Let‘s take an example:

Join our [#FF0000]alliance [#FFFFFF]now.

This results in only having the word „alliance“ in red. All following text would be coloured #FFFFFF (white) until defined otherwise.