HoTM Drop Rates

I am calling shenanigans on HoTM drop rates for a pay to play if Vegas has to list the drop rates this game should have to as well it’s basically gambling. After trying like crazy to get Delilah this month. I feel like I can not spend anymore on this game. To all of you spending a thousand $ a month and have gotten 42 HoTM just save it. I can’t be the only one frustrated at this point. I come against what seems like a lot of teams that have a HoTM in 4 out of 5 slots at lower levels. At least if we are going to waste money it should be listed somewhere what the actual chances are. 5 Rigards in the last month or so and not one HoTM or other 5 star. Start listing it.

5 Likes

I got her on my first and only x10 roll

I don’t spend often, that was my 2nd x10 ever

1 Like

Did somewhere between 230 and 250 pulls and got … none.

2 Likes

I did 3 or 4 ten pulls got her pretty early on. I’ve seen alot of people getting her this month I figured they increased the drop rate.

Not in my experience. I got one Delilah, out of an embarrassing number of 10× tries. I saved my pennies to try for the Panther during the last event. And failed to get her.

I did 34 pulls on event to get Panther and didn’t succeed but it gave me 3 Delilah!

I have 4 HotM but this was the hardest:

Alberich on SECOND pull
Perseus on Fourth pull
Natalya on 12th Pull
And now 3 Delilah (one after each x10 pull)

1 Like

I got 2 Delilahs - one on an event x10 pull and one on a random epic hero token. The 10x pull was the only one I did that month.

I just did a x10 pull cause I wanted a rabbit - I got the green one and TWO Aerons.

Super small sample size but I know they are available.

Seems like you’re either lucky, and get the HotM every other x10 pull you do, or you’re ■■■■■■ and do not get the hero of the month even if you’d spend Bill Gates’s fortune on diamonds.
Almost looks like they’re using a list with accounts who simply can’t get the HotM this month, no matter how much they try. :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve attempted to get HOTM each month since Hel. Haven’t gotten one yet. Minimum 10x pull with no luck (yet). Did three 10x pull trying to get Alberich, but no luck then either. I do agree that it’s frustrating, but not the end of the world. I’ve still gotten great 4* and some pretty good 5* heroes throughout those pulls. Have had decent luck with TC20 as well, so I can’t complain too much. Streak has to end eventually. :slight_smile:

Did my first 10 pull in feb. No HOTM. Did my second this weekend, end of march and got Delilah! So happy!
Now saving for a 10 pul in april on the event…

Yeah …i know…here they come …the mods who play and comment with there super teams …its bs … 2 sec from bringing as many as i can to another rpg with a screenshot of accomplishments here

I have a ftiend who paid for 4 10 pulls and got bs or heroes that she needed unavailable items for…thats the truth…a few are getting rich

After getting 2 Aeron, I have spent in excess of $600 for 10x pulls in an attempt to get Alasie.

I have netted exactly one 5* and two 4* that I didn’t have before.
I received countless 4* that I already have
And of course the highest count is 3*

I get that this is random, but the randomization seems to be stacked or influenced or some such nonsense.

Only receiving one 5* out of all those rolls is, well, unbelievable. Only receiving two 4* which aren’t duplicates of heroes I already have is, well, the same unbelievable.

I get pay to win - obviously because of the $$$ I’ve spent on the game, but this last batch of pulls has been so bad that I just can’t justify spending any more of my hard-earned money. I would love to have the whole set of HotM with Element Link.

No. No thank you. There has to be some sort of payoff when you spend that much money. It would be very easy to put a small file with the count of each hero you get through summons, then read that file at every summon and stack the odds more appropriately so those who are sending the Dev’s kids through college have a better chance at getting a hero they want and which they haven’t pulled 5 more of in past attempts.

I love Wu, but I don’t really need 5 of him. Maybe someone wants to build a team of all Wu Kong and raid like a maniac, but I want a variety.

So, here at the end of my rant of sorts: sorry SG, I just can’t justify spending my hard-earned money when the odds are this poor. Enjoy what I’ve given you, and I’ll enjoy the great heroes I already have, but I’ll spend no more money on this.

5 Likes

HoTM drop rates are very low. As are 5* drop rates from summons. So anyone spending any money on these summons expecting a successful result: buyer beware! Don’t spend any money on summons you’re not willing to part with without receiving a success, that’s what I recommend.

Game balance wise, it makes sense though. HoTM’s are quite powerful, so having no uncontrolled flow of them into the game is good. It ensures at least some variety in hero team compositions. Variety is good for this game.

Also, what would be the point of receiving hordes of 5* and HoTM’s if you don’t have the ascension mats to ascend them anyway? You’d just be replacing one rate limiting step with another an the complains would not cease, just change subject.

That said, I’m awaiting the point in time where games like these are forced by legislation to publish their current droprates. You can say whatever you wish about rampant gambling like roulette, but at least the odds there are very, very clear.

9 Likes

Very, very true @Bertus!

The issue I’m voicing is that there must be some sort of return on an investment or it is just burning cash.

My daughter and the rest of my alliance convinced me to give myself a birthday present and try, once again, to net Alasie. I also have a drive for Lianna for myriad reasons. Lianna is currently my Featured Elemental hero. She’s the first one I wanted with a freakin’ passion. I’ve tried so many times I have every non-HotM nature hero, 3, 4, and 5 star, except for Lianna.

I buckled down and tried again, and after throwing $100 at a mountain of gems and burning through all three 10x and the remaining 7 individual pulls, I came away with 7 duplicate 4* and of course the rest were 3*. No Lianna, no Alasie, no duplicate 5*.

Yes I did that of my own free will, and I did it knowing the 5* drop rates are very low, and so I went in with the expectation of receiving exactly what I got.

Back to my first statement: there must be a return on investment.
Calculate that out: I have done 29 10x summons this month (approximately, I had around 10k gems from the previous months of saving/buying). Of those 290 heroes, one was a 5* and two were 4* I didn’t have prior. All other 4* and 3* were duplicates of what I already have.
That drop rate is too low, especially when we see people with 5 Alasies (yeah, I know, they might have spent $10,000 for all I am aware).
The randomization is wonky and the return on investment is too low.

I nearly have my stronghold to 20, and a training camp will follow soon after. I can build up the recruits and food to pour into the “Chance of Legendary” training. No matter how low the drop rates with that method, it doesn’t burn my greenbacks.

I love the game, I run an alliance of people I consider family, and I would be happy to be a beta tester for SG because I would be thrilled to play the game that much more, so this is not a complaint in so much as it is a statement of my eyes being wide open.

That and, sorry SG, but I won’t put any more of your kids through college. My own have priority.

Fun game, but no more cash from this fellow.

Cheers!

2 Likes

The drop rates for TC20 are in this long thread

I used 10 Epic summon token and 2x 10 Elementar on green to get me Lianna + Alasie, both was in the second 10x

Maybe not! There’s players around, they got her twice with just one Epic summon token.

Like me, last year, got Joon & Toth with just one Token.

1 Like

My alt got Sartana and Natalya off a single epic token.

1 Like

Hi Bertus, the drop rates on HotMs aren’t that low for everybody. in the past i did get Aeron, Alasie and Gravemaker quite easy (fast) but Gregorion, I seem not to get him. invested nearly 20k gems and not one. my wife invested 10K gems but to get a 5* purple hero with the best one = Panther. she got 4 times (FOUR) HOTM but no purple 5* → i watched her pulling and after she allready gotten 2 Hotms a day (or so) bevor, she now got 1 hotm (her third one) and only 3 try later she got her 4. one(?) Honestly 4 HotM with 10K gems and non with 20K gems(!) the point is, she isn’t happy about that, she doesn’t need 4 Gregorions, she would need a Sartana or Panther. and this is what is stupid in the end. So I wont get this one and she has 4 of them. (yes 1 is cool and 2 are better, but 4?? And I and my son didn’t get this one, and wont get it because I will not spend more money, the disappointment would be too big if even then the hotm would not come…nearly 20K gems and not a garanteed hotm that is poor…

1 Like

low? they are so destabilizing, so superior to the rest, that they should not leave more than a few, very few to do just the game. In my opinion they are a big error of EP.

1 Like

One never knows, that is the addictive hook of this game. I got many hotms I did not want, did not get the one I wanted. Like now, I did not particularly want gregorion, as I have Zeline and Lianna,so, did not make any summon for him, but got an epic summon in my hero chest and out comes gregorion.