☀ Horus – Season 5 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Whiskey that’s not a bad idea.

1 Like

I would love to see him able to cut mana over time. That would be op

This was another idea I had. Something like 10% man’a cut each turn for 3 turns, but I think this makes him top tier. Not that the one sitting unleveled in my roster would mind that.

1 Like

Does it not do an additional amount of DMG equivalent to the health reduction each turn?

Similar to a yellow grave maker?

Edit: After testing this, you are entirely correct. Wow, that really sucks and isn’t nearly as effective as I thought it was going to be.

4 Likes

Here’s the deal on Horus, solid stats but that’s about it. His special skill need a buff where damage % is concerned. While he cuts max hp, there are too many boost healers for it to really matter. As he is right now he is a B grade at best.

Oh I never thought about it like that, makes him worse knowing that the second part of his special would only essentially do like an extra 100 damage and not make much difference unless the enemies heal to max health :thinking:

1 Like

well this is all fiction, it is based on egyptian mythology but it doesnt mean that its all about egypt, they can change whatever they want,

Of all the skill mechanics, max health reduction has the greatest ratio of “sounds like a great idea” to “actually does something valuable”

(Edit, in case I was being misinterpreted) Horus sucks.

2 Likes

let’s just hope that future will prove you right on that

I’d say it’s likely, but by no means guaranteed. The bottom line is: don’t eat him just yet :grin:

This would be true if the second part of his skill scaled with Mana troops and if it actually caused more damage to the heroes. It does not.

As mentioned earlier if a hero has 1500hp, the initial damage is 350hp, then the hero has 1150 of 1500hp remaining.

After 3 turns of 110hp reduction per turn the hero now goes from

1150/1500
1150/1390
1150/1280
1150/1170

1150HP continues to remain. If instead an additional 330 DMG would have been done and it looked like this:

1150/1500
1040/1390
930/1280
820/1170

This would be much more effective And would be more in line and just as powerful if not better than Gravemaker, Clarissa, etc.

3 Likes

Might be but… How many HP boosters are of average speed or higher?
C. Ariel, Garnet, Zircon, Arco… anyone else? All top of the top tier.

Meaning, if you bring anything else to a Horus fight (presumably he is a tank), you will get drained alot of hp, before you get to charge your slow HP booster (Gullinbursti, Heimdall, C. Marie Therese, etc,…)// if you even have such heroes… otherwise, there will be quite some dmg done, if you bring rigards, normal ariel, Xnolphod etc,…

I believe he shines as tank and gets signifcantly weaker on other spots. Xnol is great flank since, he can hamper dark heroes which you will bring vs Horus to get him out of there ASAP.

This might be a minority opinion, but I think max health reduction sucks even against regular healers. The max health reduction only has an actual effect on the battle if you were trying to heal all the way to the top of your hp in which case you’d miss out on the several hundred hp Horus reduced from the max.

Again maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m usually not healing my heroes to the tip top and if I was trying to heal to the max it probably means I would have had enough hp to survive to the end even without a healer. My experience has been I heal my hero mostly in the “middle third” of the hp range (I.e if 1650 is max, 550-1100 is middle third). My heroes usually exist around this area. My guess is Horus goes off only once, but even if he did go off twice i could still heal up to around 1000.

3 Likes

I agree with this as well.

1 Like

I agree to a point. Horus is very fast so he’s expected to go off more than once. Just like El Duque and his minor defense down, both are intended to fire more than once in a battle, and if you are using them the game plan is to use complimentary heroes that can shield them from attack, or speed up their mana, as well as snipers that can one shot units once their health is low. So many times we look at heroes in a vacuum to gauge them, but the developers don’t design that way. I’m not happy Horus sucks for the most part, but I do envision him being fine in a couple different team comps. So his knock is more his lack of versatility than just being straight up crappy.

I can see Horus being ok in tourneys when healing has no effect cuz at least the HP drop can have a damage like effect but that’s too few & far between & waaaay too niche for a brand spanking new hero that we shud be proud to own instead of feeling like we’ve lost £1 & found 1p !!! U can’t polish doo-doo !!!

1 Like

It always happens that eventually when I’m lucky enough to get a 5* it’s always the worst of the lot. Sods law !!!

3 Likes

Correction, he’s not the worst. I think Papyros takes that title :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve got both :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

And Zhuge Liang!!

3 Likes

I also got Horus and zhuge :rofl: Thank god it was not that Papyros :crazy_face:

2 Likes