Hoarding mats because of new heroes

I am willing to bet greg would have won you more at this point. I get what you are saying, but if I was F2P I would be planning out the use of all my mats to get the max out of heroes I did pull.

How was I to know that I would get Gregorion in 2 weeks, though? I really needed more Green firepower at that time, after all.

You didn’t know you would pull him, just like we all don’t know who we are going to pull.

But you pulled him two weeks later. Which means you knew at that point that Atlantis was coming, you probably were aware that greg would be featured, and you probably knew at that point you would be making a pull or two. why not wait two weeks to see what happened?

Your account your choice, I’m just saying a little patience goes a long way in this game.

I have had arthur at 3/70 since a few days post pulling him with the scopes needed to ascend him. However, he didn’t fill the gap i needed to fill in my blue line up. So I decided to hold on for awhile. Today i pulled Finley. Boom. Perfect host for the scopes.

1 Like

That’s a fair point, and I have learned from my mistakes and become more cautious about ascending. I’ll wait until after the Christmas event, for example, before I ascend anyone else, as I’m hoarding tokens for that event.

On the other hand, you’re also assuming I didn’t think Margaret would be a useful Green hero for me. She was. Would Greg be more useful generally? Probably, but I don’t regret ascending Margaret.

2 Likes

I’m sure she is helpful for you. I’m just aware of how rare 5*s are for F2P and maximizing the utility of each ascended hero is huge!

we all play the game our own way and it sounds like you are doing great!

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate that you and I are seeing each other’s perspectives, respectfully.

3 Likes

I’m not a spender too… And that’s precisely the reason why I massively hoard :joy::blush::rofl:

Patience is my weapon, I can’t afford not to have mats when I strike the lottery!

1 Like

Well, the consensus here seems to be strategic / thoughtful hoarding is the best. Yes, save the items if you know there’s a particularly good hero being featured in a certain month / event / Atlantis rises…

but you also can’t wait forever if you have a burning need.

I ascended Inari in April because I badly needed a Yellow hero to complement my Li Xiu. Li was my only 4* / 5* Yellow at the time, and poor Li was good but couldn’t manage by herself in Raids. The next Yellow I got would be Rana during the summer event. Those two months were crucial for me though, as I finally got a serviceable Yellow stack going with Inari ascended.

So wait… but up to a point.

1 Like

Yes I agree with this, some ascension is necessary to farm stuff or to keep up in war

1 Like

Yeah. As I said earlier, I’ve decided to wait on ascending until the Christmas event, because I have one 5* of each color except Red ascended at the moment AND I have enough 4*s to stack 3/2 in each color.

A lot depends who I get though. If I get Vivica, I might not wait because a) I don’t have any Yellow healers; and b) I don’t have any 4* or 5* cleansers.

the thing with this game is you have to go with the flow. I had enough Tabards to ascend Aeron, but I’m so happy I waited until Seshat was released. I pulled her in the first week… and once I did, I didn’t wait anymore :wink:

1 Like

I ascended margaret and pulled tarlak the very next day

What really irked me was maxing 2nd aeron after finally throwing my hands up for panther after a 2 yr chase. Pulled her 2 hrs after aeron hit 80 about 5 minutes before guardians portal closed. Just now maxed her last week. But glad i have her and i still use her and 2nd aeron so all worked out in the end. Was still a mix of emotion day tho lol. Relief, excitement, regret all at once

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call myself a hoarder. I’m more of a junk collector lol… Back then when Diablo 2 was a thing, people used to store items in lvl 1 characters called “mules”. I used to store all kinds of s%#! in my characters: perfect gems, high runes, unique items, perfect normal items. I probably had a hundred mules (no joke). Unlike E&P, almost every item in Diablo had a purpose, even low lvl items. D2’s horadric cube was the best thing ever (unlike Alchemy Lab, that building just sucks).

In my opinion the only collectible / valuable things in E&P are its heroes, and maybe a couple items to kill titans faster, but then again, people only kills titans to get ascension mats for maxing their heroes… I used to hoard mats even before events got updated. I thought someday I’d get a 5* event hero but, I realized that even if someone is extremely lucky and spends hundreds of dollars in the game it’s impossible to collect every hero in the game. Waiting for that lucky 4* or 5* event hero is a waste of time. So I don’t hoard mats anymore. When a hero arrives I max it, even if they are vanilla ones.

I still save a set of eight 3* mats and six 4* mats for green and yellow 5* cuz I haven’t completed a rainbow 5* team yet.

Hmmm… What was the question again? :sweat_smile: @FrenziedEye

2 Likes

Hoarding all mats iv got! Can’t get a compass for sh!t
Yeah there’s one at legendary on pirates for grabs! i have fa chance of finishing that level, epic will be a challenge!

I’m a skyrim player so hoarding is in my nature.

1 Like

How many arrows have you taken to the knee mate

I’ve only taken one…which is why I don’t get to play much skyrim anymore myself :rofl:

1 Like