In the latest Beta version something remarkable is being tested:
effects that target nearby allies or nearby enemies can hit max three targets
More detailed information is given in the according Beta beat (starting from post #69 - thanks @PlayForFun for maintaining the Beta beats ):
As therein are more things summarized that are tested right now, this change that might be in the offing could easily be overlooked (unintentional for sure ).
However, i think this topic is of major interest and will effect lots of players and their decisions and hence i think it reasonable to have a separate topic on this to discuss.
It is still unknown, whether this change will be introduced and afaik beta feedback is all-negative about it. SG did not state their intention for this test (only rumor is, it might be in preparation for wars with formation?!) or whether it is a non-negitionable thing we need to swallow.
If it will be introduced, defending heroes like Sif, Elena and alike will be remarkably nerfed as well as offending top heroes like Gravemaker, Clarissa, Khagan will be.
It is also unknown, whether or not this will affect map stages as well.
Please feel free to share your opinions. Some starters:
- Would you like this change or not?
- Did you already spent aethers on heroes you otherwise would not have?
- Do you rethink your decisions for limit breaking next heroes?
- Did you max heroes that soon might become less useful?
- Are there any advantages and you can’t wait for this change to come?
According to release notes of V42, the change is going live (changed the title as well):
- Nearby radius reduced. Effects that target nearby allies or nearby enemies can hit only the closest targets in the formations, a maximum of 3 targets but less if no targets are nearby. This affects Double and Reverse Double defense formations in Raids and some enemy formations in player versus environment battles. This will be enabled only after all players have updated to the latest version so it takes effect for everyone at the same time