Hi guys, I need help from expert players about Hotm

How many summon needs to pull out hotm and last months summons count or not? For example if I summon now it counts for next month hotm or not?
Another question what do u think about Quintos with costume? I Need a tank and I have enough material for dark legendary to ascend and have Obakan and Quintos but wait for better hero and both are lvl 70.
Sorry in advance for my english and tnx

1 Like

There is no set amount of pulls to get the HOTM. There is just a small chance each pull to get it. You can get it in one pull (I did this month with an Atlantis token), or you can pull 1000 times and not get it. Just chance.

3 Likes

Also, Quintus with costume is pretty decent. Better than Obakan by a long shot anyways. He doesn’t make the BEST dark tank, but he is not bad. If those were my options I’d wait until I had 10 Tabbards and then would pull the trigger on Quintus.

1 Like

Unfortunately there’s no telling how many pulls you need to get a HOTM. You might get it on your first try and you may also not get it at all, no matter how hard you try. As for Quintus and Obakan, I’d wait for a better purple to ascend, if mats are only enough for one. I do have Quintus maxed with a few emems on him, and use him for purple mono, but he just isn’t tank material.

3 Likes

Hi,
To answer your first question anywhere between 1 to infinity. :slight_smile:
I don’t believe Obakan or Quintos are tank material. I have both but at 2.60. Haven’t tried them out yet.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

Thanks guys both for answer

Not for tank
For flank does worth use epic material for Quintus

Quintos is slow i belive at best at wing so he might survive long enough.
Obakan hits hard but dies easy, but he is fast. With a healer he might be better
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

Quintus is not a great defense hero. He’s just too squishy for a slow hero. Attacking snipers will shread him to pieces instantly. However, on attack, mixed with the right set of heroes, he can deliver a heavy punch, provided you can keep him alive long enough to charge.

This analysis is always worth considering on HOTM odds, and appears in the dedicated thread for each HOTM:

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
1 Like

For each month? Or totally?

Friendy advice? Don’t go chasing heroes, unless you don’t care how much you spend. Learn to make the best of the ones you got. 4* heroes used to be the backbone of this game and still are versatile and useful today, up to the highest levels of this game. A well dosed mix of 4 and 5* heroes will allow you to get the best of any defense team. Patience will take you a long way, wait for the right 5* to ascend, or for enough 4* ascension mats not to regret ascending lesser ones.

1 Like

It does not matter. Each pull has it’s individual odds, they’re not cumulative. The only important aspect is the HOTM that is available when you make the lucky pull. The more pulls you make, the more chances you get, but every individual pull will still have the same 1.3% chance to get the HOTM.

I don’t really understand that question.

If you are chasing any particular HOTM in any month the odds don’t change, and the analysis above doesn’t change

The reality is your odds are not good, unless you spend a fair amount of money. I have been fortunate enough to snag quite a few nice HOTM, but that being said I am a moderate spender

I will find and post a link to a thread you should read, about how games like this work

Got it thanks for your answer

1 Like

Here the link I was talking about

I did 30 pulls in Atlantis, event and Valhalla. I got 4 Zoccs (not what I wanted). Previous month with similar amount of pulls led to 0 Noors (not that I wanted her).

I got 3 Tells with 40 pulls that month. It’s about luck.

Just to give you a picture, after 20 months playing, I get 2 HotM. The last one was zocc. Each month I did around 8-10 pulls as a non spending player. Once i have enough gems, I did 10 pulls. Maybe i did around 6-7x 10 pulls. So yeah, the chance to get a HotM is small, especially if you don’t spend.

Owner of costume Quintus here. Since I only spend little on the game, and have plenty of mats, it was no brainer to ascend him.

However, if you have limited mats, I suggest wait until you have 12 tabards. Hopefully you can get a better 5* dark hero by then.