HeroPlan.io - Tool for tracking your profile's progress, sharing it & to Plan your Hero Use for Class Trials, Challenge Events, Wars, Tavern of Legends Titans AND MORE!

Thank you again for your dedication.
I have an idea how to spread the workload:
Use two data repositories. One contains all existing heroes and is read only.
Allow users to create heroes from a template. Maybe in the beginning only a handfull of trusted users have this priviledge. This heroes will be in a temporary read/write repository. So users can create new heroes, fill in the names, stats and upload a picture. If there are errors, another user can correct them, or give an „approval“ similiar to a like. Now there is a nightly batch job, copying all newly created heroes who have reached an approval treshhold, lets say 5 approvals after the last editing, will be copied to the trusted read only repository and are deleted from the temporary repository. With this you can „source out“ the creation and editing of new heroes.
You can address the new costumes similiarly.
Just think about a dedicated costume repository. Every new heroe has automatically the number of costumes=zero. Then the costumes are created for an existing hero with a costume number, 1,2…n. Every time a costume is approved and copied to the trusted costume repository, the number is changed for the base hero. Now you know how many costumes a hero has, and can load the data from the repository. You have two unique identifiers, hero name and costume number.
Happy gaming

2 Likes

Eh, that’s too complex, and there is a need to be able to update existing heroes (when rebalances happen, or costumes are added).

The current plan is to use that data repository and add pull request validation. Basically it will ensure that all required fields are present, no heroes have been renamed or removed, an image exists in the right size (and maybe a couple style checks), etc. If any of those checks fail then the pull request won’t be allowed to be merged. I’d planned on getting trusted reviewers and adding them as admins to allow them to approve and merge PRs, then have a merge trigger some automation that updated the hero database, and site configs.

None of it is super complex stuff, it just needs work.

As for costumes it’s actually even easier than that, just convert the costume field to an array, and allow costumes to be input that way. The harder part here is data storage, how to expand out the “have costumes” options and page (likely just add an index id to the costume table), and updating the UI. Once again nothing insanely hard, it just takes some work.

3 Likes

There are also new type of troops. The Styx troops

2 Likes

@GDIBass

First, thank you so much for this amazing tool! I hope life is getting back to being less hectic.

I noticed an error on Zandria. There’s a third bullet point on her passives, that I suspect was a copy paste from another hero, regarding minions. Zandria doesn’t have any passive against minion attacks.

1 Like

@GDIBass just letting you know that there’s been another 2 new heroes released lately. Thank you as always for your help!

2 Likes

These two are also arrived in the Covenant portal:

2 Likes

Oh yes thank you @PlayForFun, my apologies for missing those! I forgot them since they aren’t featured and are hidden amongst the many heroes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@GDIBass, as with everyone, absolutely love the tool. A feature request to add on to your pile, and that is a “My Teams” section for the Contest of Elements. I found that to be the most difficult event so far in terms of team management!

1 Like

Could you link a description of the team limitations on it? Is it just unique heroes?

Alas, not so simple. Here’s a link to the event description: 🌞 [MASTER] Contest of Elements - FAQs, Team Discussion, Portal Stats & Summons!

But the short version so you can ponder how to implement is:

• Each event is limited to a single element (i.e. only Holy heroes).
  • Most heroes can only be used twice.
  • Super Elemental family heroes can be used 5 times.

twice

Damn it. I built these team groups to be config driven. I have a “unique” option, but not a “unique twice” one… SGG trying to keep me on my toes here lol

10 Likes

With the pace of new events and gameplay, it really requires ‘design for change’ in your program structure, but 100% harder when you don’t have any roadmap on potential changes, and even harder to do for what’s just a side project like this. Much respect!

2 Likes

@GDIBass if you are adding a section for Contest of Elements, I’d love it if you could add a section for W3K teams (same structure as usual war, but 12 slots rather than 6). It’s hard to keep track of heroes across 2 of the usual war teams

1 Like

Still need 4* Cyclops Troops added if you’re working on updates. Thanks!

1 Like

Topic for Styx Tropps if needed for @GDIBass :slight_smile:

1 Like

@GDIBass i hope all is well and thank you for all of your efforts! Once again SG has decided we need more heros to add to a every growing list! They added a costume to Heimdall with the latest update to the Valhalla portal. Here is the link - 📯 Costumed Heimdall – Season 3 Hero – 5* Natue / Green Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback. Thanks in advance and take care! :wink:

Hey, oh hi :slight_smile:
is the following a known issue?
I was trying to upload heroes via Bulk Hero Uploader.
Here an example.

Limit Broken Krampus at node 20. When I check back in my heroes, he shows as unemblemed

Is there any workaround?

I am curious how this application will handle the S1’s second costume.
Thank you for the application. It is fantastic.

@GDIBass
Some more heroes missing:

3* Pets

4* Pets

5* Pets

HoTM

Thanks!

8 Likes

He is aware but hasn’t found a way to make it work just yet, it is on his list to get to though.

3 Likes