Heroes whose names get misspelled

I think that is his name in some nationalities versions of the game. It used to bug me seeing Morgan called Morgana often until I realised that is actually her name for some players.

It amazes me how often I see Dominita and Gwen mentioned though!

Tibertus XD. (Tiburtus)
found also gregorian on the first pic XD (Gregorion)

1 Like

I’ve seen someone talk about “Graymare”.

giphy%20(61)

But then Gray mare was never very good in the first place…

1 Like

@MantisToboggan I think heroes names should be the same everywhere. I hope they are the original ones in my version of the game… I wouldn’t like finding out that Melendor real name is Melenador and Tiburtus is really Tiberius…

1 Like

I’ve seen killril for kiril more than once in the in game chat. Also cademon instead of caedmon. Greymane instead of Graymane. And a bunch of different ones for kashhrek and balthazar

1 Like

Oh, so they’ve finally decided to make Kill Bill 3? :rofl:

2 Likes

Kill Bill 3: Bill’s Brother Rill

Lol

2 Likes

And Rill is Gill-Ra’s second cousin thrice removed

2 Likes

Who is Jill’s sister-in-law’s cousin

2 Likes

Oh really! Yeah I was aware that some heroes have different names in different languages. I’m Dutch myself but play the game in English because I can’t stand crappy translations. Call me a grammar nazi if you want. :stuck_out_tongue:
And indeed my fellow alliance members sometimes talk about “Kaatskop” instead of “Skittleskull”. Whaaatt? I think heroes’ names should be the same in any language.

As the nefarious @Bertus educated me:

Boldtusk : Sturmfang, that’s his name in the German version of the game and it just sounds so badass.

2 Likes

It does! It should also be spelled in capital as far as I’m concerned: STURMFANG

3 Likes

Liliana–Lianna for 20

I guess, but if you’re named Steve in the US or Netherlands you’d be Stefano, esteban etc elsewhere. Plus sometimes it’s better! Bloodtusk/Sturmfang sound cool as hell, and Spanish players get Falcoluna rather than Hawkmoon which is really nice!

Yes, agreed! Sometimes it does have an additional value. I didn’t know about Falcoluna, that is one badass name. :smiley:

Makes me wonder though, when and how the devs decide to create an alternative name for non English speaking countries. :thinking:

I just assumed that the game translates things automatically, if it’s a name like Quintus then it would slip through the language filter, but names like hawkmoon or boldtusk where they’re made of nouns just get translated by default.

I used to go Cademon this, Cademon that, until I got him, not so long ago… :grin:

1 Like

I think that is german for “StormTusk”

1 Like

BT-śmiał kieł
Carver-Snycer
Grimm-ponurak
I prefer english version

1 Like