Heroes that Manipulate the Board

I was thinking about ways that heroes could affect the player’s or opponents board, and wondered what the community thought of that idea in terms of balance, appropriate mana cost, and feasability. For example:

5* Slow mana - Deal x% damage to all enemies and transform a random tile into a diamond of the same color. If on defense, transform a random diamond into a regular tile. If none exist, transform a dragon to a regular tile.

4* Slow mana - Deal x% damage to all enemies and transform a random tile into a dragon of the same color. If on defense, transform a random dragon into a regular tile.

4 Likes

I had this same thought today. I haven’t thought it through very hard, but the same principle.

Hero transforms x number of tiles into y color tiles.

I could see several degrees of this being implemented as the next generation of titan slayers. Further discussion could point out benefits and flaws. Interesting concept :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just OP.

(20 characters)

Well there is no “Board” for your opponent in Raids if you face someone.
I thought about a hero who can shuffle the board; he would be very RNG like Wukong, therefore more risk but more reward.

1 Like

An elegant feature of the OP’s idea is that it doesn’t trigger any new matches, but merely strengthens or weakens the existing board.

A variant on defense might be to “ice cube” some number of tiles, using the mechanics SG developed for the Quest for Winter.

4 Likes

@Kerridoc Wow! Nice idea. I see the ability of a blue hero called icy storm or something. :smiley:

1 Like