Heroes sorted by class ignoring costumes

The more emblems available, the more heroes get them! When you try to find out who already got emblems of a certain class and who would be a good target, the heroes-sorted-by-class-feature comes in!

My problem is: Being a player with many costumes, it is annoying that there is no feature to just sort the heroes based on their original form. Very few players will sort that way because they want to find out which heroes can be used in class quests. The most common reason to sort by class is that you want to manage your emblems.

So I think it would be better to sort their heroes based on their original version. At least introduce either an additional sort function or something like a toggle “original heroes - costumed heroes”!

When sorting by class, it sorts the costumes hero into the costume class. I’m not sure about others, but I sort by class to look at how to distribute emblems and costumes use them based class emblems. Due to this, there sort by class feature should sort by the base class emblems, not the costume, even if there costume is equipped. At least this should be an option

Perhaps this should be more of a feature request and there could be a sort by Emblems. Each hero sorted into what emblems they use first and within each group sort by emblems given first then by power for non-emblemed heroes

I find in-game sorting to be pretty useless overall. I’ve given up hoping for improvements and use heroplan to sort in useful ways.

1 Like

When I sort heroes by class, it’s almost always to see where I’m going to put my emblems. The biggest problem I have is that, if a hero is in costume, it shows up by the costume’s class. What I would love is if, when sorting by class, a hero would show up under it’s original class, where the emblems are going to go - even if it’s just a ghost.

1 Like

What I would like to see is that each hero with a costume shows both emblem classes. The original on top left of the card and the costume one on the top right of the cards together with the mask. The one not active can then be greyed out. Sorting can then be done on the active one like now or the original, at least you can then see both.

Might just be me, but I’m finding it more and more confusing trying to work out who needs, and who is competing for, which emblems. If costumed heroes could be lumped with their vanilla forms it would help massively. Ideas?

1 Like

Use Heroplan.io and you can sort this way. It’s an amazing tool from forum member @GDIBass

3 Likes

Better roster UI is a much wanted idea

I suggest you add your vote and ideas in the thread above.

1 Like

Good day, I agree that we need a better UI, especially for our hero roster.

Personally, the heroes I am working on are all in a “team” that way I don’t need to look for them. Also, when you click on “level up” you are taken directly to the available feeders.

One thing I’m constantly doing when searching through my roster is filtering by class. Normally you are trying to determine which heroes to level based on their class as you might have emblems available for certain classes more than others. This works perfectly for heroes without a costume. However heroes with a costume are filtered by the costume that is equipped NOT their base class.

I would propose that by default it would be an IMPROVEMENT if this always sorted by Base Class as this is the most important use case. However it probably would not be too difficult to add some setting (e.g. checkbox) that toggled the sorting by base class or equipped costume class.

The only workaround right now is to equip the base class for all costumed heroes. Given the size of current hero rosters this is pretty unwieldy. Otherwise you have to commit the base class of every costumed hero to memory which is also nearly impossible.

1 Like

I’m always annoyed when sorting by Class sorts by Costume Class.

1. I don’t see any reason to sort by Class … except for giving Emblems … so Sort should always be by base Class, regardless of Costume

2. if there is a reason that I can’t fathom … then add another sort specifically for Emblems

Thx :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

very excellent point! I’ve edited the title to show, “Sort by Emblem Class OF BASE HERO” :slight_smile: to get more attention

2 Likes

Fully agree! It is SO annoying not to be able to see all heroes you could be giving your emblems to, just because you are using costumes on some heroes, which makes those heroes show up under another class. To have to remove all costumes each time from your heroes just so you can assign some emblems is totally impractical. If E&P really want to hang on to the “class” sorting, could they not just add an “emblem class” or “base class” sort criterion to the existing ones? That would really help.

When I wanna emblem a new hero and try to figure out how I can redistribute them, I find it pretty tedious to check all the costumes for their original version’s class to find a hero I could strip emblems from.

In fact, for me the only reason to sort my hero roster by class is to do exactly that. So there is really no point to have the hero listed in a class other than the one that is required to emblem them.

It would be one of the most useful QoL improvement I could think of.

1 Like

Hell YES! I have been thinking for a while how counterintuitive it is to list costumes sorted by emblems they can’t even use.

Now I need to go recover a vote somewhere to add one here. brb

3 Likes