Heroes for Sale? / Ability to Purchase/Buy Heroes

Could it all possible to have some five star heroes for sale at 3000 gems or 1000 Atlantic coins per hero. Only limited supply in a limited time. The RNG summoning is very frustrating and leaves no room for C2P. I know there will be a lot of objections, but just throw my thoughts here

SG will never let you just buy heroes, the only guarantees in this game is ascension items for sale every so often.

1 Like

In a previous thread, it was calculated that directly buying a specific classic 5* hero would need to cost more than 40000 gems to be revenue-neutral for SG:

I would imagine that event/Atlantis/HOTM would need to be more than that. So unfortunately, I don’t think this would ever happen unless SG were desperate for money.

5 Likes

The game administrators should make it possible for players to buy heroes the way gems are bought. If possible some heroes could be released randomly for sales everyone month. This will afford the unlucky ones who can’t get 5* through summoning to buy. :grinning:

1 Like

I would love to be able to buy heroes but it will never happen, it would change the dynamic of the game, skewering it.(imho)Not to mention company would lose massive amount of money in doing so. Their would be no way to even price heroes (and they would lose so much money) would you pay hundreds of dollars for a single one? I have and didn’t even realize it I’m sure the are many more like me,that just kept pulling and pulling and it kept adding up an up.
Didn’t even realize how much I spent until my husband tallied up my charges. For all I’ve spent on this game we could have gone on a really nice cruise without even realizing it. And that was almost all on gem “deals” …that’s said I would love to be able to buy heroes or even buy a chance to get better odds!

2 Likes

That is exactly what I mean. Not every 5 star is for sale all the time. Just a selection of them for sale randomly. The target clients are the “unlucky” players.

In addition to making old HotM available via Hero Academy and Tavern of Legends, a random old HotM should be available in the shop each month for a day or two. It can cost around 10k gems.

Too cheap - never gonna happen, especially with ToL online now.

3 things that would happen 5 minutes after the release of this feature:

1. around 8k f2p users will start one thread about how “paytowin the game became”.
  2. the costs for the hero would be like 10k gems + 10 days waiting to train and everyone would still be mad.
  3. people sometime spend a lot more than 10k gems (for example) to get an event hero.

So, not happening.

My title is a little misleading, but the problem I’m solving is capping the unhappiness of P2W players who’ve dropped hundreds of dollars to fail to obtain one specific event/HOTM hero. My solution comes from another game I played, Pokemon Duel.

The idea was you spend your gems on summons and every summon you do you are given a hero AND 50 Material. Over time you accumulate Material and eventually you can buy a specific hero from the Shop for some amount of Material. In Pokemon Duel as a F2P player to save up enough Material for a 5* figure it would take 4+ months.

Maybe a similar system could be implemented for E&P. This would make the amount of money a player would need to invest to obtain specific hero finite. I think it would make a lot of people happy while still allowing SG to take in a few hundred dollars from the P2W players. The only downside is it might limit the incentive for any players to gamble thousands for a single hero.

(post content was erased by author, can not be deleted … automatically )

And … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in a man that I fear, … it is the donkey!

a good idea when you could just buy a 5 * hero in a store!!!

1 Like

Vote @maks60, pls, … vote!

$700 for 1 hero? Why…

3 Likes

I think it is pretty obvious. So there is a deterministic way to get a HOTM. It is obviously not meant for everyone, but if there are some who are willing to these extremes for it, why not?

1 Like

In terms of implementation, however, I would not advise to have it explicitly as a “70000 gems for the HOTM” button offer. Instead, it should be that you need to have 70000 gems in your account, and then automatically summon until you get the HOTM as a bonus roll, or until 70000 gems (or another threshold at an intermediate level, say 20000 gems) have been spent, whichever comes first, and if you did not get the HOTM after spending up to the threshold level, then it automatically gives the HOTM to you. So you also get all the other heroes you would summon in-between.

There would be two advantages to this implementation:

• the RNG of the summons does not change. This is important because we all know that if the “70000 gems for the HOTM” button offer was implemented, people will assume SG will have lowered the chances for the HOTM even more to force people to go for this offer.
  • you get much more value for the insane amount of money you’ve spent to get the 70000 gems in the first place.

So it boils down to setting a limit on how unlucky you get for a price.

1 Like

And … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in a man that I fear, … it is the donkey!

It can be one button, but I still think it should run the “standard summon portal” (maybe you can accelerate it so you don’t have to see all the pulls, and just collect the outcome), just to avoid people thinking the summon portal was nerfed to push people towards these more expensive options.

I admire your concept of staying positive, but just look at the latest person calling it a bug when they did not get the HOTM after “only” 33 pulls.

I agree it would be nice to have an option to pick which HOTM you get for an extra cost. But I think it should be more generally the case that one does not necessarily get one specific hero, but rather a hero to choose from a given color and star number (or heroes could be also categorized based on their special skills and you get to pick for instance from any of the three heroes with the Ramming Pulverizer special). This would save a lot of grief and complaints about the game.

1 Like

1 Like

That appears to be Skittles who has gone turbo and is about the wreck the internet.

2 Likes