Heroes Do not Match Classes

You have to blame @JonahTheBard for this classing. If you read Gravemaker’s backstory as told by the bard, GM is a fallen Druid who has been lost to Barbarism.

1 Like

Example of a bowless ranger and his equipment

Just one thing to say.

Bane … monk?!?

1 Like

Yup. Sort of a Shaolin Monk kinda thing, a la David Carradine in Kung Fu. He’s wandering the world kicking some $#@.

1 Like

This game gets weirdier every update. From the beginning I’ve noticed it, for example to ascend kiril or boril to tier 3 u need TALL Boots! Man, these are dwarves!

12 Likes

That’s awesome! I don’t know if you’ve ever been to this thread, but I think you might enjoy it.

Yeah this fits ridiculous complaints, such as Kashrek needing tall boots… A big Lizard!

He looks like a Barbary pirate

Well:

I mean, with the boots and bandana, he looks more like a swordless Hollywood pirate than anything. But E&P is fresh out a Pirate classes. So…y’know…monk.

2 Likes

Appearance so blatantly not matching assigned class in so many cases is stupid. I think it will put off new players and may well put off some existing players as well. And that’s a shame when they could so easily have done it right to begin with.

But I am far more bothered by function not matching class. I mean, Kiril is a prime example. Kiril’s special does zero damage, and he’s in a class with a talent that improves damage. WTF??? Not okay! That makes the entire talent grid USELESS for him. And there are several other examples.

And why? Because some class “needed a healer”? WHY?? That doesn’t even make sense. Not every class SHOULD have healers. If you need to be able to allow healers in class quests for those classes, then the suggestion to allow one “wild card” hero in those quests is a good one. Either that, or always have class quests include a combination of classes that fit together to make well-rounded teams – pair a class heavy in healers with a class with no healers.

I hope they fix this, and ASAP, before people have invested too much into developing talents around these bad, bad matches.

1 Like

Being f2p (mostly, I did buy one month of VIP and a couple cheap gem deals at Christmas) I’m not really all that bothered about talents and classes. It just seems to be one more way of separating the haves from the have-nots. I read somewhere it was to even out the hero abilities. Really? When you can increase EVERYONE? How does that even out?

Eleven months I’ve been playing and I don’t have one maxed 5* yet. I have 3 maxed 4*, soon to be 4. The talent grid and class quests are just something else to do as I play the game for distraction from real life. And that’s about it really.

I wozld not say that. You still get the attck, defense and life augmentations.

1 Like

All heroes get it. But what’s the point in making Kiril a wizard?
Nothing.
Not special skill wise, it’s completely wasted on him.
The image and the archetype of a dwarf brewer doesn’t match at all.
I’m really sorry to say that but it’s a clear example of poor design.

You’ve got a weird way of spelling “stealth nerf” :wink:

Ahah I don’t want to think about a nerf. Kiril didn’t need it, maybe Boldtusk did and yet he got a very strong class. Oh well… I hoped for some variety but in the end all defense teams will look the same.

1 Like

HEY SGG. WT…Freak majority of NATURE is ARCHERS and DRUIDS?
there is like only 2 of each classes in nature . but majority archer and druid.

If so, the most unbalanced and numerous hero of the game, GVM, would not be a barbarian.

I think that there is actually some logic to a lot of the classes we are complaining about —

Guinivere does something magical by “the word of the queen”. That doesn’t sound like she’s invoking a deity (cleric) or communing with nature (druid). That pretty much leaves wizard or sorceror. Anything else is a worse fit.

Kiril makes a blessed brew. While it is “blessed” (cleric), it could be argued that it is actually a potion that he prepares down in his dwarven distillery with a bit of magic dust mixed in. Since there’s no alchemist class, that pretty much leaves him a wizard or a sorcerer. I think the sorcerers are more into ritual magic, so for both Kiril and Guiniviere, I would have to go with Wizard.

Swamp lizard guy (forget his name) makes a gas that heals and strengthens defense. He’s not invoking gods or nature, ergo…

1 Like

My guess - Kiril is very strong for a 4 star healer. 30% heal, buff to attack and buff to defense. Probably one of the strongest specials among 4*. By putting him in a class where the talent does not benefit him that much, they just avoided buffing a hero that does not need a buff. He’ll be a bit more balanced in a reality where others benefit more from their talents than him. Probably the same they had in mind when they put Guin in the Wizards bracket.

2 Likes

Quoting Wikipedia on the subject of ‘Tibs as a Ranger is ridiculous’:

Rangers spend a great deal of time hunting, fishing, and camping—whether on a short- or long-term basis—and their preferred martial arts weapons leans towards practical-utility: archery, knife fighting, stick-fighting], axeplay, spearplay and swordplay.

Guess being useful on Raids is enough of a requirement.