Hero Wardrobe Malfunction! šŸ˜

I was brainstorming a fan-fic with Obakan as the antagonist when I noticed that his scabbard is on the same side as his sword hand?!

How on earth can he draw his weapon?

Maybe thatā€™s why it looks so twisted and awkwardā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s a practice in some cultures (Ancient Greece, I think), where stabbing blades were sheathed on the side of the hand in which they are held. This configuration allows the warrior to unsheathe and stab with a single flick of the wrist.

Now Iā€™ll admit that Obakanā€™s blade looks a wee bit too long for a wrist flipā€¦

1 Like

Perhaps he has a double jointed shoulder :thinking:

Or a break-away scabbard? Or a sloppy artist?

Well, if weā€™re going to examine him in detail, the strapping for the shield is all wrong too. If he put his arm in the standard neutral shield holding position, the shield would be sideways and that long point would really hinder low cuts or thrusts from his sword arm.

On the other hand, it does explain why he needs the extra glute protecting plate on his right hand side. Thatā€™s probably why he shifted the scabbard over tooā€“to make room for the now-needed extra protective equipment.

Did anyone else notice Kirilā€™s axe missing a string? I have seen plenty of banjos with a 5th tuner that was on the 5th fret, but never an instrument that had a string disappear halfway down its neck!!

Edit: I cant count. There are only 4 strings, but there are 5 tuners!!

7 Likes

Why do I only see 4 string near the hand?

3 Likes

Because there are only 4 strings on the neck. LOL

3 Likes

Because I cant count. There are 5 tuners though!!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the spare tunerā€¦

2 Likes

Nailed it, obviously a spare tuner. Big guys like that break tuners all the time while theyā€™re wailing away. While weā€™re picking away at this, I donā€™t think a guitar is part of somebodyā€™s wardrobe. Accessory maybe?

2 Likes

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever seen a spare tuner either. But in all fairness the only instruments I have any experience with peg tuners are mandolins. Speaking of which, I had the chance to buy a 12 string mandolin once and didnā€™t. I wish I did. :frowning:

Strings can tear off.

2 Likes

So I totally thought you were messing with me till Jaws chimed in. You learn something new everyday!

1 Like

I definitely agree more with thisā€¦ I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen an instrument with spare pegs actually on it (and I grew up playing a number of instruments). It actually looks like a standard 6-stringed instrument (one of the pegs is cut off from the picture)- Iā€™d say he got really drunk, smashed it around, and two of the strings snapped off. Many of the instruments from the guitar family are six strings anyways. :beers:

2 Likes

:rofl:
I am sure that is exactly what the artist was going for!

It is 6ā€¦

4 Likes

I would blame that on my inability to count, but Iā€™ve already used that excuse :wink:

1 Like

Malicna, Prob Lidenbrock and Griffinā€¦ 20/20 vision, all thanks to Lenscrafters and their stylish circular glasses!

Donā€™t think we havenā€™t noticed SGG.