Hero Wardrobe Malfunction! šŸ˜

Meme:

Click arrow to view

Original art ( link )

Having gotten that off my chest :grinning:, Kelileā€™s outfit actually makes sense, it is a Dance special guaranteed to raise your temperature for 6 turns unless Rigard cools you off.

My biggest problem is pockets. Melendor has a pouch and a man bag. Sabina gets a small change purse. Olaf and Ulmer get the medium version of the pouch, or a very small man bag. Scarlett has enough BUCKLES to satisfy Rob Liefeldā€™s pouch fetish, but not a single actual pouch. It like those fake pockets men designers keep putting in womenā€™s clothing.

==Notes==
Rob Liefeld created and developed a lot of our favorite 90s comic characters that exist to this day

6 Likes

Excellent point. Scabbards are also an issue with characters including Scarlett, Grimm and Azlar holding drawn weapons AND wearing a brace of scabbards which are already occupied with further swords. This is going to be very inconvenient when ordering dinner or doing chores around the stronghold.

@Gryphonknight can you or @Rook branch this topic off? Wardrobe malfunction is quite amusing and is worthy of a thread.

3 Likes

Done.

Iā€™m a fan of the serviceable ladies boot. Accept no substituteā€¦like stilettosā€¦ :grin:

4 Likes

We also discussed the inimitable Zeline:

I believe one under estimates the tactical advantages of white satin stilettos in a combat situation.
Firstly, they provide additional height, a popular millitary technique for centuries. This both intimidates the enemy and increases the soldiers field of vision.
Secondly, the white material and open top of the shoe allows for heat resistance and breathability, which is key for hygiene when fighting in hot climates.
Thirdly, if you throw them at someone, they probably really hurtā€¦

My reply to your meme:

4 Likes

Oops! Iā€™ll move it. :grin:

(As you can tell, I utterly agree. I feel it unladylike to mention the ahem wardrobe malfunction that accompanied the Stilettos.)

Reeeeeally close the the delete line. Be ye careful! :grin:

3 Likes

I believe you under estimate the tactical advantages of white satin stilettos in a combat situation.

Firstly, they provide additional height, a popular millitary technique for centuries. This both intimidates the enemy and increases the soldiers field of vision.

Secondly, the white material and open top of the shoe allows for heat resistance and breathability, which is key for hygiene when fighting in hot climates.

Thirdly, if you throw them at someone, they probably really hurtā€¦

5 Likes

The first paragraph makes me laugh so hard! :grin:

EDIT: While looking over the heroes for evidence of ā€œbuckle frenzyā€ (BERDEN!), I was suddenly struck with the question of which heroes were lefties and which right. The two handed weapon types are throwing off my numbers!

1 Like

Youā€™ll need to learn what the fighting style would dictate. I would tend to assume that the heavier weapon would be used for striking the killing blows, while a lighter weapon would be used for nimble parrying and feinting.

I expect most combat styles would also favour a stance with the weaker side forward.

But maybe this needs another thread dear @rook :wink:

2 Likes

Hehā€¦do bare feet constitute a style (Iā€™d say no)? Was looking at that too when eyeballing Joonā€™s embossed pants (and wrapped feet).

Contrasting that with The VERY High Heels of Sartana. Sheesh!

2 Likes

Can I also raise Khaganā€™s shoulder blades as a source of serious self-inflicted injury

Nashgar and Azlar, amongst others, also have pointy shoulder accessories, but khaganā€™s are actually pointing at his own face!

If he absentmindedly checks if his shoes are tied heā€™s liable to put his own eye outā€¦

3 Likes

This brings to mind certain blonde jokes, referencing pointy shoulder padsā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

hahahaha
great thread :rofl:

@Rook
I believe you might have ignored your own post about Aife, whose unlaced boot and exposed right foot is just an accident waiting to happen, that or it was a practical joke pulled by Derric because she made fun of his nose this one time.

Iā€™ve just noticed that Kashhrek has some kind of bear trap too, which is a bit sinister.

And in relation to left and right handedness, a lot of characters have a single shoulder guard. I would hypothesize that this would be on the weak arm, which would lead towards the enemy.

Boldtusk is confusing because he wears armour on his sword arm, which would surely just make you clumsy. But he is an orc, I suppose.

1 Like

And why does alaise need four warm coats when sheā€™s already dressed head to toe in FURS?

1 Like

Also, this has been bothering me for a long time, but not really wardrobe malfunction, more like body language malfunction.

Richard: Uh, Devs 1 and 2, can you not make my in-game pose animated?
Dev 1: And, why not? You do realize you are one of the only few animated characters in the game right?
Richard: Just look at my off hand, you know the one not holding the Cloud Hammer.
Dev 1: Yeah?
Richard: Whenever I am making story progressions, Gem II Quest introductions, or reminder the users to not forget to sign in to their in-game account or they might lose their data?
Dev 2: Yeah, so? It makes you look powerful and stuff.
Richard: No! It makes me look like I am grabbing at something, only that there is nothing! And that smile I have on my face while doing itā€¦ It makes me look lecherous and very unpopular with the ladies!
Dev 1: I see, so what do you want us to do with that hand?
Richard: I donā€™t know, put it on my waist or something.
Dev 2: So, your animated pose will have you wiggle your off hand while it is resting on your waist.
Dev 1 and 2: *Hee hee, arm wiggleā€¦ snort!
Richard: Just donā€™t animate me!

5 Likes

Ha. Yer I can imagine him being a creep and harassing the likes of Jill and Layla

ā€œHi, Iā€™m Richard, you might have seen my work, Iā€™m actually on the title screenā€.

1 Like

Those are arm guards / gauntlets on his arms. It helps protects his forearm and wrists from enemies who might try to chop at his hands to disarm him (shield hand or knife hand).

1 Like