Hero placement the same for each team during War

Hi Forum♥️ One of my Alliance Brothers noticed that each team of the Alliance we’re currently fighting, has placed there heros in the same color formation. So like all have their yellow, red, green, blue, and purple heros in the same slots. Does anyone know how this helps?

Many Thanks,

Pixie

Possibly. I suppose there’s an advantage to having your yellow next to your purple so that a match that hits both although strong against one is weak against the other. Whereas having your yellow sandwiched between green and red say a purple match does 1x damage against the heroes either side rather than the 0.5 that it would do against yellow and the blue match that hits your red won’t hit your green if they aren’t adjacent thus nullifying the weakness of blue against green.
Not sure I explained that very well but I know what I mean.

1 Like

It’s a form of countering massive stacking (using multiple heroes of the same colour).
The first step is having everybody use same colour for tank: enemies won’t be able to stack as much because they eventually run out of the colour that’s strong against tank.
The second step is to use a flank that’s complementary to tank colour, in your case red next to green tank. Some would say that you could use two complementary flanks (x/r/g/r/y) but that exposes to stacking against flanks so…
The third step is to use two flanks that are complementary, in your case blue and red.

That statistically makes it harder for attackers because there isn’t a trivial way of arranging team colours (requires thinking) and actually leaves you with only one way to get an initial edge in the battle (stacking against the tank).

While the xrgby or xbgry setup up makes sense to me I don’t see an actual reason to enforce either of the two or wing colours.
Looks to me like an unnecessary restraint that has more potential to damage hero synergy than to give an edge (that I can’t think of ATM).

3 Likes

Rainbow defenses are statistically stronger since you’re able to use rainbow troops to go along with the heroes. So if you enforce tank and flank, you often dictate the wing color as well.

Most higher alliances have troop mins for defense. We require level 23 mana. So if you want to double up on green heroes, you better start working on a second green troop.

2 Likes

Generally speaking I agree.
But enforcing a general rule ignoring a particular situation = dumb.
As perfectly explained to Hannibal by Scipio Africanus at Zama :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

It helps against stacking, as noted.

Uniform colors helps by keeping an attacker from cherry picking based on flank. If I’m going heavy purple, I’m going to prefer attacking a team with a yellow flank rather than a yellow wing, all else being equal.

IMHO it’s marginal though, and I’ve seen cases where it definitely hurts the defense (like putting an affects 3 hero on wing due to color).

3 Likes

Thank You All for responding first of all!! :ok_hand: And @Yhc We coordinate Tanks, and with that we know that placing say a yellow next to a purple has the obvious perks. And after learning from the forum about the sandwich (I call it that:grin:) say r,g,r. I play around with that during tournaments or on my attack teams only for now. I normally use all 5 colors for defense Although when I find a same colored duo that kicks tail, I do use it on my main defense for a bit. I’m currently enjoying a Hel/Seshat combinatio.mnnn

And I totally agree with your observations. We coordinate Tanks, but it’s members choice there after. Some choose the basic 5 color spetrum, while others are more ss specificc like myself. I definitely concur about enforcing the placement of all 5 heroes. I couldn’t see how putting that much pressure on an Alliance mate or their team would be a benefit unless it was something huge🙂
I thought I’d missed something big😳 I try to never short change my mates, so thought I’d better ask just in case🤔

Again Many Thanks Everyone!!! I so very appreciate all the knowledge and different insights that are shared here in the Forum.

Pixie🤗

1 Like

It can even enculed “class” to where hero’s are put aswell. Fighters monks rouge are usually put as wings due to there class. As when comes down to the crunch of battle if there “class” kicks in could be a changer.

1 Like

I agree. It’s one thing to have all the same color tanks for the reasons previously noted, but to enforce an overall order of color ignores potential synergy or conflict between heroes, and wreaks of an alliance leader who thinks “this is the way my team works best, so all of yours must be like mine to work the best”.

That being said, it would be interesting to see a pic of the alliance. Realistically, if an alliance has deep enough pockets, they would be able to overcome any issues by “buying” enough of any given color hero for any given position.

2 Likes

You would always want to sync up at least tanks and flanks to provide the best overall protection again stacks the flanks should be up to the individual but you will want to compliment synergy and cover weaknesses

1 Like

Many players in top alliances post their war hits. You could scan what’s left of the other side there to see

1 Like

1 Like

Is every single hero on the left wing yellow (and every single hero on the right wing purple)?

The team on the third screenshot is not ordered very efficiently. I would have swapped Leo and Domitia so that Domitia fires before the others.

On the last screenshot, Isarnia and Azlar also need to switch positions.

3 Likes

@D_DI these are pics of the Alliance we were fighting. They had pretty much every team color coded like that (2 or 3 not so) . I was checking to see if there was an unknown benefit in arranging their teams like that.

Pixie

Thanks for posting the pics @HappyPixie

So overall not too bad, these ones look to be workable for the most part. However, I can honestly say that if I were facing these in war I would’ve gone for the strongest in a heartbeat. Lianna is not a good tank; in these pics Telly is the best tank and Elkanen is way better that Lianna.

Even though she’s fast, and is the most powerful sniper, she doesn’t have the defense that Telly has, and even if she fires, she’s only going to damage one opponent, where Telly and Elk hit three or more.

Still don’t agree with it though. Same tank is fine, but mix the rest up as needed.

Again, thanks for posting these.

1 Like

You aren’t truly cool until you start building your teams alphabetically.

ABCDE is the only way to go

My Almur-Baldur-Clarissa-Danzaburo-Elkanen defence is winning everyone’s hearts and minds

2 Likes

@Cheds, Danzaburo made me pull my hair once☺️ But that team sounds interesting, do all have maxed classes?

1 Like

:joy: No it ‘twas a joke I’m afraid.

I never keep Danza, not a hero for me though he has been a pain in the past for me too when his luck is on fire.

2 Likes

A pic of my Danzaburo at work

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

LMBO Do you guys mean to tell me, we all have a relationship of sorts with our Buddy Dan​:heart::hugs::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cookie Settings