⚔ Hero Madness 2019 – The Master Hub for the Event!

Welcome to March Madness Empires and Puzzles style!

Under the guidance and supervision of our Chief Bracketologist, @RakeJay, we have created a bracket full of 128 heroes to face off with each other in…

2019 Hero Madness!

Here are your 2019 Hero Madness Brackets:

Bracket1_3

March Madness? Brackets? What’s this all about?

For those unfamiliar, this contest will follow a similar format to the US NCAA men’s college basketball tournament that happens in March every year.

Here’s How It Works

There will be 7 rounds where two heroes from the game will face off against each other head-to-head in a fan vote.

You decide what’s important to you in voting, like:

• How much you like each hero

• Which hero you think looks cooler or has better art design

• Which hero is stronger or has the best special

• Which hero you’d most like to see @Petri cosplay as for the next SGG Christmas Party

…who you cast your vote for and why is completely up to you!!

The hero with more votes in each matchup will move on to the next round.

At the end, there will be one hero remaining, and they will be crowned the 2019 Hero Madness Champion.

The Voting Process

We’ll be making 4 separate Forum threads, one for each “region” of the bracket matchups. All voting will happen on the Forum.

Each thread will have a poll for each matchup — simply vote for your favorites, and stay tuned to see which heroes make it through!

Influencing Votes

To have some fun, see if you can convince other people to switch their votes to your favorites!

We’re looking forward to seeing those Aife hype train threads (looking at you @Kayo), and the Danzaburo to the Final 4 upset threads on the Forum and Reddit.

Convince your peers to vote for who you think should be the favorite and try to meme them to victory!!

Schedule

Hero Madness 2019 will follow the same schedule as the actual basketball tournament through March and early April.

Voting will start at 16:00 GMT on day one of each round, and end at 23:59 GMT on the second day of the round.

Round :one: — March 19th-March 20th (128 heroes :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 64 heroes)

Round :two: — March 21st-March 22nd (64 heroes :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 32 heroes)

Round :three: —March 23rd-March 24th (32 heroes :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 16 heroes)

Then we’ll consolidate down to one bracket and one thread for the Semi-Finals onward!

Round :four: — March 28th-March 29th — 16 heroes :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 8 heroes

Round :five: — March 30th-March 31st — 8 heroes :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 4 heroes

Round :six: — The Final Four

:crossed_swords: April 5th-April 6th — 4 heroes :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 2 heroes

Round :seven: — The Finals

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: April 7th-April 8th — 2 heroes :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 1 Champion

:gem: Fabulous Prizes for Lucky Winners! :champagne:

Special Raffle for Hero Madness 2019 Participants!

Here’s how to enter:

:crossed_swords: COMMENT (not just vote) and discuss which heroes you’re voting for and why!
:crossed_swords: Winners will be chosen at random, so be sure to discuss on each Round and Bracket for more chances to win!
:crossed_swords: SGG Staff will randomly pick winners from all of the entries and reward them with a small in-game gift (600 gems plus an Energy Pack)!

Check Out the Lucky Winners List!

Good luck everyone and have fun!!

Let’s see who earns this year’s crown and cuts down the nets as the community’s favorite hero!!

Start campaigning for your favorites now!

24 Likes

Round :one:

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Visit these threads to see and discuss the results!

You might also be interested in the fun conversation from the pre-announcement teaser thread: ⚔ So Aife, Gravemaker, and Proteus walk into a bracket…

Round :two:

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

1 Like

Round :three:

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Round :four: — THE FINAL 16

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Now that we’re down to the final 16, all brackets are now consolidated to a single thread.

Visit this thread to see and discuss the results!

Round 4: THE FINAL 16

Round :five: – THE FINAL 8 & BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIPS!

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Now that we’re down to the final 8, all brackets are now consolidated to a single thread.

Round 5: THE FINAL 8 & BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIPS

Round :six: – THE FINAL 4!

RESULTS ARE IN!

⚔ Hero Madness 2019 – Round 6 – THE FINAL 4! Lianna vs. Gravemaker & Mother North vs. Wilbur - #2 by zephyr1

Round :seven: – THE FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

PREPARE TO VOTE!

Visit this thread to see and discuss the matchups, and convince your peers which heroes to vote for!

⚔ Hero Madness 2019 – THE CHAMPIONSHIP! Gravemaker vs. Wilbur

Go Aife!

20 specials against Guardian Owl

6 Likes

I think the East Bracket is the most fun. :wink:

Do you think Aife will make it the whole way?

2 Likes

20 ridiculous complaints if she doesn’t :wink:

7 Likes

You better start campaigning for Aife then!

@RandAlThor is convinced Kailani has it wrapped up:

4 Likes

Alby vs. Panther in the first round??? I can’t

5 Likes

Go big or go home!

Who do you think will win that one?

I don’t see anyone knocking aife off tbh

4 Likes

I think Alby will win, but Panther should not be eliminated so soon!!! She is so awesome, one of the coolest designs in the game…

4 Likes

I love them both too — I think Alberich is my favorite hero design, but Panther is high up there too.

@RakeJay is a fickle Chief Bracketologist making us choose!

2 Likes

In all the March Madness pools I’ve participated in there is some reward for predicting the winners at each stage and overall. What’cha got formswag to the winners?

3 Likes

@RakeJay and I have been asking the staff for some options. :wink:

Barring that, do you have any community-oriented prizes in mind?

1 Like