⚔ Hero Madness 2019 – Round 1 – "West" Bracket

Hero Madness 2019!

Click Here for What Hero Madness 2019 is all about

Round :one::arrow_left: West Bracket Official Results!

commentary by @zephyr1 and @Hrairoo

Chao 61% Kelile 39% Chao makes a tactical cut above > Kelile into Round 2!
Rigard 80% Li Xiu 20% Li Xiu gets destroyed with no Rigard to human life!
Wu Kong 87% Gadeirus 13% Gaderious misses his target, allowing Wu to blast through to an overwhelming victory!
Melendor 76% Ameonna 24% “Thou shall not pass!” Melendor saunters through Ameonna unphased!
Sabina 23% Wilbur 77% Wilbur prepares a wonderful feast in celebration of victory over Sabina!
Colen 45% Kashhrek 55% Kashhrek fends off Colen’s fire for a “just one more tile” victory!
Boldtusk 82% Tiburtus 18% Boldtusk wins by his hair!
Danzaburo 57% Skittleskull 43% Danzaburo shoots swords at Skittleskull for an epic win!
Gobbler 18% Little John 82% Little John chops down Gobbler!
Caedmon 61% Cheshire Cat 39% Cheshire fails to dazzle and is pierced by Caedmon!
Gormek 67% Cyprian 33% Gormek pulverizes Cyprian into perfect submission!
Agwe 13% Scarlett 87% Scarlett barrages Agwe with a fast victory!
Triton 34% Grimm 66% Grimm bests Triton in the battle of the blue abs!
Proteus 76% Sonya 24% Proteus freezes out Sonya for the win!
Hu Tao 26% Boril 74% Hu Tao shot beams at Boril, but he shot them right back to victory!
Sumitomo 13% Kiril 87% Kiril brews a beer in celebration of a blessed victory over Sumitomo!

Some Big Upsets and Some Close Calls!

Share Your Thoughts!

• Any results that surprised you?

• Questions about any of the heroes?

• What do you think about the upcoming matchups for the next round?

Start Campaigning for Round 2!

New threads for Round 2 will go live for discussion shortly, and voting for Round 2 starts tomorrow, Thursday, March 21st at 16:00 GMT!

Get ready to convince others to vote for your favorites in the next Round!

Click Here for Full Bracket Images

Archive of Voting Process Details

Voting Schedule for this Round

• Voting Opens: Tuesday, March 19 16:00 GMT
  • Voting Closes: Wednesday, March 20 23:59 GMT

Who are you going to vote for in each matchup and why?

Discuss your choices below, and try to convince other people with logic, emotional appeals, or jokes/memes!

Your chance to win a prize! :gem:

Here’s how to enter:

:crossed_swords: COMMENT (not just vote) and discuss which heroes you’re voting for and why!
:crossed_swords: Winners will be chosen at random, so be sure to discuss on each Round and Bracket for more chances to win!
:crossed_swords: SGG Staff will randomly pick winners from all of the entries and reward them with a small in-game gift (600 gems plus an Energy Pack)!

And be sure to Comment and Vote on the other Brackets in this Round!

3 Likes

Debate & Discuss!

Ask for opinions down below, or try to convince your peers to support your favorites!

The criteria you use is totally up to you — you might go for the strongest, coolest design, most fun, or most ridiculous. It’s up to you!

Change your mind?

If you make a mistake or someone convinces you to change your mind, then you can change your vote before the polls close.

Click the image button below a poll that you’ve voted on to switch back to voting mode.

Want to look at the hero art before you vote?

Thanks to @_John_Doe for organizing everyone into a rapid collecting of hero images!

Check it out and contribute: :) MMadnees' Magn

If we get them all in time, hero art will be added to future rounds of polls!

Ready? Here we go!

• Chao
  • Kelile

0 voters

• Rigard
  • Li Xiu

0 voters

• Wu Kong
  • Gadeirus

0 voters

• Melendor
  • Ameonna

0 voters

• Sabina
  • Wilbur

0 voters

• Colen
  • Kashhrek

0 voters

• Boldtusk
  • Tiburtus

0 voters

• Danzaburo
  • Skittleskull

0 voters

• Gobbler
  • Little John

0 voters

• Caedmon
  • Cheshire Cat

0 voters

• Gormek
  • Cyprian

0 voters

• Agwe
  • Scarlett

0 voters

• Triton
  • Grimm

0 voters

• Proteus
  • Sonya

0 voters

• Hu Tao
  • Boril

0 voters

• Sumitomo
  • Kiril

0 voters

Don’t forget to comment for a chance to win! :gem::champagne:

Here’s how to enter:

:crossed_swords: COMMENT (not just vote) and discuss which heroes you’re voting for and why!
:crossed_swords: Winners will be chosen at random, so be sure to discuss on each Round and Bracket for more chances to win!
:crossed_swords: SGG Staff will randomly pick winners from all of the entries and reward them with a small in-game gift (600 gems plus an Energy Pack)!

Now be sure to vote in the other Brackets for this Round!

In this round I will go with
|Chao||Kelile| > Kelile (can someone really choose Chao?)
|Rigard||Li Xiu| > This one is difficult, both are solid heroes and I have used both quite a lot. I will choose Li Xiu, Rigard’s art it’s more meeeh
|Wu Kong||Gadeirus| > Always Wu
|Melendor||Ameonna| > Gandalf!!
|Sabina||Wilbur| > Sabina is so cool but, cmon Wilbur is Wilbur
|Colen||Kashhrek| > Awesome and badass lizard vs woodcutter? Nothing more to say
|Boldtusk||Tiburtus| > Boldtusk, did never liked Tiburtus
|Danzaburo||Skittleskull| > Danzaburro or blank vote :joy:
|Gobbler||Little John| > Both are ugly but Little John is uglier so I would say Gobbler…
|Caedmon||Cheshire Cat| > Caedmon
|Gormek||Cyprian| > Gormek, my second 4* :heart:
|Agwe||Scarlett| > Scarlett (is more badass)
|Triton||Grimm| > Triton is great but Grimm is even better. The ice king
|Proteus||Sonya| > Proteus! One of the best heroes! Awesome design, solid hero and really amazing skills
|Hu Tao||Boril| > Hate Boril but hate Hu Tao even more :joy:
|Sumitomo||Kiril| > Is sumitomo even considered a hero? :joy: Kiril! My first 4* hero, come on buddy!

1 Like

I can! I use Chao a ton, and Kelile got shelved in favor of Scarlett. What do you have against Chao?

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Boril features prominently on my teams against Gravemaker tank / Zeline flank teams and the like…

3 Likes

Confusing amount of threads.

Should have been a lot of work to prepare.

3 Likes

It was just too much to squish 128 heroes into one thread. :exploding_head:

It’ll get more consolidated in later rounds. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I used Chao a lot but his design to me is very uncharming… To me the best of Chao is the falcon :joy: Also as hero is a bit normal… Is like a sniper but it does not really hurt that bad.
I suffered a lot with Boril before I could color stacking, he had brought me a lot of nightmares :joy: But it’s appearance is nothing extraordinary. I prefer Kiril for example, at least he has beer (and looks like he loves to say “beers on me dudes”)

3 Likes

All about the looks, eh? :wink:

What if the falcon IS Chao???

4 Likes

Hahaha you got me, never think about that possibility. Actually if Chao is the falcon in the end, I won’t be surprised if Chao wins the tournament :open_mouth: But, to me, from now on Chao will be tje falcon and the ugly soldier just a random fellow.

And yes, I would prioritize the looks instead of power or skills, to me is more funny that way. Which hero has the most badass or coolest design? Because we already know which is the most powerful hero: Kailani (just in case someone has been brainwashed with Aife)

1 Like

I will choose rigard, li xiu is good but… Does not very great on offense. Rigard is very useful if ennemy team has very dangerous heroes like Azlar and Isarnia

Bow down to the fishermen king

Tiburtus is archer class btw and the only purple archer (4/5*) Can be useful in battles against Guenievre.

Boril is … OVERPOWERED against AOE slow mana heroes.

same :3

2 Likes

You have similar thinking to me, the only one I’m on the fence about amongst those is Tiburtus vs. Boldtusk.

They’re both great heroes, but I find with Wilbur for defense debuffing on titans, and my 3 stack of purple being Proteus/Rigard/Thoth-Amun now, Tiburtus is shelved more and more often.

Meanwhile Boldtusk still gets lots of play.

Plus smarmy prince vs. battle orc who can apparently cook…kinda seems like the prince is going down.

2 Likes

My 3 purple combo aka guenievre killer is currently: Protheus, Tiburtus, Khiona. Archer skills helps very well. If i had Riggard, i would replace Tiburtus by him and Melendor By Ares Or Wilbur

1 Like

Khiona is an excellent addition to that stack, especially with Tiburtus.

1 Like

Did you know that Khiona + Wilbur synergize very well. Easy +85% attack. This is crazy. But need to planifying your moves

1 Like

Yes! And even better with Mok-Arr added to the mix:

Do not bring shame to my people Rand

2 Likes

Wait till I pull off my long outside-of-gameplay defense for Tibs.

1 Like

I like Sonya, she’s kickass against the riposters. I don’t have Proteus and haven’t gone against him much so can’t really say anything about him.

BT v Tibs: The Unwavering v The Mournful Duke. Gee who’d I rather have on my side?

1 Like

Melendor v Ameonna

I used Melendor a lot early on as he was my only 4* healer. Now I find him squishy. I may vote for him for old times’ sake. Plus he looks so much like Gandalf (but dresses like Radagast).

2 Likes

Ameonna is in my pile of purples to level…somewhere amidst Proteus #2, Proteus #3, and Rigard #2.

I’m planning to max her for holy titans thanks to her high tile damage and built-in attack buff.