⚔ Hero Madness 2019 – Round 1 – "South" Bracket

Hero Madness 2019!

Click Here for What Hero Madness 2019 is all about

Round :one::arrow_down: South Bracket Official Results!

commentary by @RakeJay

Tarlak 56% Ares 44% Tarlak flexes on the greek god of war with relative ease.
Zeline 77% Mitsuko 23% Mitsuko can’t reflect Zeline’s special in this first round domination.
Perseus 70% Thoth-Amun 30% Perseus Tosses Thoth out of his first round party.
Guinevere 79% Inari 21% Guin wins again, yipee -_-
Alberich 60% Guardian panther 40% Panther couldnt guard herself against a first round rout against Alby
Evelyn 67% Drake Fong 33% I guess it wasn’t God’s Plan to get Drake into the second round, Evelyn had other plans.
Hel 68% Delilah 32% Hey there Delilah whats it like being out of the tournament?
Gravemaker 90% Atomos 10% Atomos is sent to his grave by someone who does it for a living
Alasie 90% Mok-Arr 10% Alasie pierces Mok-Arr with her frosty arrow in this landslide victory
Misandra 66% Aegir 34% Aegir, sits and waits patiently for his buff as Misandra rolls through to the next round
Kageburado 81% Natalya 19% The buritto is uncaged on Natalya who stands no chance in the face of this exquisite cuisine
Onatel 58% Gregorian 42% Gregorian’s mustache game didn’t translate well to the court as Onatel wins blindfolded.
Athena 73% Khiona 27% Athena charms her way to a victory over Khiona in this south bracket barn burner!
Zimkitha 60% Aeron 40% Zimkitha burns Aeron in this battle of HOTMs
Ariel 77% Musashi 23% Ariel sends Musashi under the sea as Ariel swims her way to the second round
Kunchen 52% Frida 48% Kunchen didn’t hesitate to swing his pony tail at Frida in this battle of the newcomers!

Some Big Upsets and Some Close Calls!

Share Your Thoughts!

• Any results that surprised you?

• Questions about any of the heroes?

• What do you think about the upcoming matchups for the next round?

Start Campaigning for Round 2!

New threads for Round 2 will go live for discussion shortly, and voting for Round 2 starts tomorrow, Thursday, March 21st at 16:00 GMT!

Get ready to convince others to vote for your favorites in the next Round!

Click Here for Full Bracket Images

Archive of Voting Process Details

Voting Schedule for this Round

• Voting Opens: Tuesday, March 19 16:00 GMT
  • Voting Closes: Wednesday, March 20 23:59 GMT

Who are you going to vote for in each matchup and why?

Discuss your choices below, and try to convince other people with logic, emotional appeals, or jokes/memes!

Your chance to win a prize! :gem:

Here’s how to enter:

:crossed_swords: COMMENT (not just vote) and discuss which heroes you’re voting for and why!
:crossed_swords: Winners will be chosen at random, so be sure to discuss on each Round and Bracket for more chances to win!
:crossed_swords: SGG Staff will randomly pick winners from all of the entries and reward them with a small in-game gift (600 gems plus an Energy Pack)!

And be sure to Comment and Vote on the other Brackets in this Round!

3 Likes

Debate & Discuss!

Ask for opinions down below, or try to convince your peers to support your favorites!

The criteria you use is totally up to you — you might go for the strongest, coolest design, most fun, or most ridiculous. It’s up to you!

Change your mind?

If you make a mistake or someone convinces you to change your mind, then you can change your vote before the polls close.

Click the image button below a poll that you’ve voted on to switch back to voting mode.

Want to look at the hero art before you vote?

Thanks to @_John_Doe for organizing everyone into a rapid collecting of hero images!

Check it out and contribute: :) MMadnees' Magn

If we get them all in time, hero art will be added to future rounds of polls!

Ready? Here we go!

• Tarlak
  • Ares

0 voters

• Zeline
  • Mitsuko

0 voters

• Thoth-Amun
  • Perseus

0 voters

• Guinevere
  • Inari

0 voters

• Alberich
  • Guardian Panther

0 voters

• Evelyn
  • Drake Fong

0 voters

• Hel
  • Delilah

0 voters

• Gravemaker
  • Atomos

0 voters

• Alasie
  • Mok-Arr

0 voters

• Aegir
  • Misandra

0 voters

• Natalya
  • Kageburado

0 voters

• Gregorian
  • Onatel

0 voters

• Khiona
  • Athena

0 voters

• Aeron
  • Zimkitha

0 voters

• Ariel
  • Musashi

0 voters

• Kunchen
  • Frida

0 voters

Don’t forget to comment for a chance to win! :gem::champagne:

Here’s how to enter:

:crossed_swords: COMMENT (not just vote) and discuss which heroes you’re voting for and why!
:crossed_swords: Winners will be chosen at random, so be sure to discuss on each Round and Bracket for more chances to win!
:crossed_swords: SGG Staff will randomly pick winners from all of the entries and reward them with a small in-game gift (600 gems plus an Energy Pack)!

Now be sure to vote in the other Brackets for this Round!

1 Like

Kunchen v Frida, interesting matchup.

1 Like

I think that’s one of the more interesting ones.

I’ll go with Frida, personally, because she’s the one I’d rather have…and hope to get some luck for before the month is over!

1 Like

I have no chance at either but considering A) their skills and B) their artwork I’m more inclined towards Frida. Something just looks off to me in Kunchen.

Besides she matches up better with my in-game name of Shardik.

2 Likes

Is it the way he seems to be ogling anyone he’s next to?

8 Likes

lmao

That and it looks like he’s trying to fondle the hero on the other side.

2 Likes

And this just made my vote harder between the two last HotMs. :joy:

1 Like

Tried to find image without the textbox but no luck. BTW apparently Kuchen is german for cake.

See the left arm apparently trying to hug some unsuspecting victim

3 Likes

Hmm, I have a feeling my buddy Aeron is going to be crushed by Zim.

3 Likes

That name must have come from a Richard Adams novel!

2 Likes

Ill be voting by comparation: usefulness, look, power, synergies who will win in a 1v1. I will not count the number of stars.

Example:

Khiona vs Athena

Look:
Khiona: looks really cool, assassin design
Athena: UGLY

Special:
Khiona: medium mana sniper, and big attack boost (max 3 heroes) attack boost stronger each time hero with buff hit

Athena: pure damage and decrease defense, def debuff get stronger as you hit ennemies

Uses:
Khiona: makes a good tank, high damage and defense.
Khiona as flank is also very good. On defense, she is very deadly.
On attack, also very good
Titan: she is great.

Athena:
Defense, more a flank but quite easy to kill
Offense: very usefull
Titan: GODLY

Synergies
Khiona:
Khiona + Wilbur is EXTREME (all teamates with +145% damage at most, you must let ennemies fire at you, this is not a problem with Wilbur)
this Makes Khiona use her full potential

Khiona + Wukong : damage stacking
Khiona + Quintus, MorkArr. If you need BIG DAMAGE.

Athena:
None good synergy known but can be used allong with a dmg boost

Choice, Khiona

2 Likes

So who’s your pick between Khiona and Athena then???

I didnt finished my comparison, my message got sent too quick.

1 Like

Hard choice between them, I think either is a great pick.

This is what makes me personally lean toward Athena:

Interesting that you went with Khiona!

1 Like

That attack animation also. It’s so cool (Khiona)
Athena’s one is too basic

1 Like

Top of the bracket looks like an easy path for the fan favorite Gravemaker. Down below though is a clash worthy of the Championship Game itself. Frida meets up with Athena and it’s an epic battle. Feeding off one another’s strengths and weaknesses it goes to OT as the new comer Frida just doesn’t have the experience. Athena to take on GraveMaker.
So we have the ‘Beauty vs The Beast’ matchup to decide r Final Four Rep from this bracket. It may come as a shocker but Athena’s powerful offense and ability to weaken the defense shocks a slightly overconfident Gravemaker and Athena marches on!!!

1 Like

|Tarlak||Ares| > Tarlak cause is a tiny version of Jason Momoa and cause I got him :heart_eyes:
|Zeline||Mitsuko| > Mitsuki cause the japanese style, I don’t like angels
|Thoth-Amun||Perseus| > Meh, I don’t care about them. Guess I would say Tutankamon Dracula
|Guinevere||Inari| > Kyubi! I mean, Inari!
|Alberich||Guardian Panther| > Guardian Panther, no doubt, best dark character. Baghira!
|Evelyn||Drake Fong| > Evelyn 4 the win! Spent a lot of money to get her but was impossible :sob:
|Hel||Delilah| > Delilah. Hel just has a not good design at all
|Gravemaker||Atomos| > Is someone doubting here?
|Alasie||Mok-Arr| > I don’t care. Mok-Arr? Cause is a shark
|Aegir||Misandra| > Misandra
|Natalya||Kageburado| > Difficult one, both are awesome. But I would say kageburrito
|Gregorian||Onatel| > Never liked Gregorian design. Onatel is better and also I have 4! Go Onatel!
|Khiona||Athena| > Khiona but didn’t like any
|Aeron||Zimkitha| > Zim. The lion’s way
|Ariel||Musashi| > I got Musashi but it’s like meeeh. I prefer Ariel
|Kunchen||Frida| > Kunchen

2 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: Prizes added! :gem: