⚔ Hero Madness 2019 – Round 1 – "East" Bracket

Hero Madness 2019!

Click Here for What Hero Madness 2019 is all about

Round :one::arrow_left: East Bracket Official Results!

commentary by @Hrairoo

Guardian Owl 62% Derric 38% A refined finish over the simple woodsman secures victory for Guardian Owl.
Master Lepus 62% Aife 38% As Master Lepus wins, a hush falls over the crowd followed by unruly chanting of THEY NERFED AIFE! A brawl ensues.
Mother North 91% Chochin 9% The black pudding from Mother North snuffed out The Lantern Yokai.
Rana 51% Namahage 49% A single grain of sand dictated Rana’s victory over Namahage.
Kailani 56% First Mate Boomer 44% Kailani Spirit Linked the 6th man and sent Boomer to a watery grave.
Victor 69% Hawkmoon 31% Not even a wind prayer couls save Hawkmoon from a night of sorrow.
Yunan 70% Graymane 30% Yunan domesticated Graymane on his way to domination.
Buddy 85% Gill-Ra 15% Buddy gifted Gill-Ra a bag over her head as a consolation prize.
Cabin Boy Peters 70% Layla 30% A poisoned blade failed to stop the already dead Cabin Boy on his quest for the number one spot.
Capt. of Diamonds 53% Brienne 47% She was tagged, bagged, and taken out back by the Captains pest control methods.
Santa 68% Bane 32% Naughty, naughty! Santa officially ‘bane-ishes’ Bane from The List.
Valeria 58% Gafar 42% To the victor go the spoils, complete with Gafar in his lamp!
Merlin 58% Gretel 42% Merlin’s streamlined body aerodynamically wipes Gretel off the gingerbread path.
Guardian Falcon 73% Lancelot 27% Sir Lancelot inspired not a soul with his de-fencing techniques allowing Falcon to claw his way to victory.
Guardian Jackal 88% Jack O’Hare 12% Jackal literally ate O’Hare on the court. There is no coming back from that.
Hansel 91% Jabbar 9% Hansel…so hot right now! Jabbar exits stage right, as he cannot turn left.

Some Big Upsets and Some Close Calls!

Share Your Thoughts!

• Any results that surprised you?

• Questions about any of the heroes?

• What do you think about the upcoming matchups for the next round?

Start Campaigning for Round 2!

New threads for Round 2 will go live for discussion shortly, and voting for Round 2 starts tomorrow, Thursday, March 21st at 16:00 GMT!

Get ready to convince others to vote for your favorites in the next Round!

Click Here for Full Bracket Images

Voting Schedule for this Round

• Voting Opens: Tuesday, March 19 16:00 GMT
  • Voting Closes: Wednesday, March 20 23:59 GMT

Who are you going to vote for in each matchup and why?

Discuss your choices below, and try to convince other people with logic, emotional appeals, or jokes/memes!

Your chance to win a prize! :gem:

Here’s how to enter:

:crossed_swords: COMMENT (not just vote) and discuss which heroes you’re voting for and why!
:crossed_swords: Winners will be chosen at random, so be sure to discuss on each Round and Bracket for more chances to win!
:crossed_swords: SGG Staff will randomly pick winners from all of the entries and reward them with a small in-game gift (600 gems plus an Energy Pack)!

And be sure to Comment and Vote on the other Brackets in this Round!

5 Likes

Debate & Discuss!

Ask for opinions down below, or try to convince your peers to support your favorites!

The criteria you use is totally up to you — you might go for the strongest, coolest design, most fun, or most ridiculous. It’s up to you!

Change your mind?

If you make a mistake or someone convinces you to change your mind, then you can change your vote before the polls close.

Click the image button below a poll that you’ve voted on to switch back to voting mode.

Want to look at the hero art before you vote?

Thanks to @_John_Doe for organizing everyone into a rapid collecting of hero images!

Check it out and contribute: :) MMadnees' Magn

If we get them all in time, hero art will be added to future rounds of polls!

Ready? Here we go!

• Guardian Owl
  • Derric

0 voters

• Master Lepus
  • Aife

0 voters

• Mother North
  • Chochin

0 voters

• Rana
  • Namahage

0 voters

• First Mate Boomer
  • Kailani

0 voters

• Victor
  • Hawkmoon

0 voters

• Yunan
  • Graymane

0 voters

• Buddy
  • Gill-Ra

0 voters

• Cabin Boy Peters
  • Layla

0 voters

• Capt. of Diamonds
  • Brienne

0 voters

• Santa Claus
  • Bane

0 voters

• Gaffar
  • Valeria

0 voters

• Gretel
  • Merlin

0 voters

• Guardian Falcon
  • Lancelot

0 voters

• Guardian Jackal
  • Jack O’Hare

0 voters

• Hansel
  • Jabbar

0 voters

Don’t forget to comment for a chance to win! :gem::champagne:

Here’s how to enter:

:crossed_swords: COMMENT (not just vote) and discuss which heroes you’re voting for and why!
:crossed_swords: Winners will be chosen at random, so be sure to discuss on each Round and Bracket for more chances to win!
:crossed_swords: SGG Staff will randomly pick winners from all of the entries and reward them with a small in-game gift (600 gems plus an Energy Pack)!

Now be sure to vote in the other Brackets for this Round!

Kailani is gonna win the east bracket. Everybody knows it :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Aife has got a pretty serious fan following on the Forum. You might have to campaign for Kailani or be surprised. :wink:

4 Likes

Sure, Kailani’s nice and all but she’s not even my favourite Aiel among the game heroes (that would be Azar).

Now Aife, with her stately poise and sassy expression, there is a HERO. Fast mana, hacking attack to get through any obstacle. By rights her and her twin sister Jill should be the two finalists.

BOOM! (mike drop)

4 Likes

You just reminded me of this:

5 Likes

Lol all i know is derric provides a lot more benefit than owl

5 Likes

Once you’ve been scorched with that side eye you can’t get unscorched … ever.

3 Likes

Holy sh!t, was that a Wheel of Time reference?!

4 Likes

So how do we vote?

1 Like

Voting isn’t open yet. Starts tomorrow at 11:00 am Eastern, I think.

3 Likes

Why yes, it was. And in reply to Rand al’Thor (to use correct spelling) no less.

1 Like

Oops was thinkin today was tuesday

2 Likes

Ah! Good point! Probably should’ve caught that one too, haha!
I never finished reading the series. Stopped when I caught up to where he was still in the middle of writing one (I was like 13 years old at the time), and by the time it came out I’d lost interest. Should I pick it back up?

TBH I never finished the series. I thoroughly enjoyed the first three books, then the rest seemed to start dragging on and on with no real resolution. Since I’d acquired up to no.11 I read that far but the last few were a struggle for me. I’d keep putting them down and reading something else then go back to them. Plus some of the characters were really starting to annoy me like Min. My favourite was Mat Cauthon, he was like the problem child.

I remember quite clearly thinking when I started playing and saw some of the Heroes (Azar, Kailani) that someone at SGG was a Wheel of Time fan.

2 Likes

Mat was definitely the best character. I don’t remember Min, Kailani, or Azar though. And yeah, those books TOTALLY started dragging after a while. Hence my lost interest. Oh well.

1 Like

Min was one of Rand’s women, the one who had visions. No Kailani or Azar in the books but their art, especially Azar and also Kelille, just scream Aiel. The main Aiel in the book is Aviendha.

Amazing how much I still remember about them books, even years later.

2 Likes

Is this a Maiden of the Shield or what?

1 Like

Haha, true! :slight_smile:

@zephyr1 i will be voting only on ‘looks’.

would be nice to have the ‘magnifiant glass’ pictures for them when poll is created. :slight_smile:

thx

example, Gormek vs Cyprian

2 Likes