Hero Costume FAQs! Please read for answers to most questions before posting new questions

Great post @Guvnor!! Helped me out immensely in my alliance. Thank you!!

2 Likes

That’s an interesting question for me. Class quests only display heroes of the class the quest is for.
But you can normally display your heroes in your regular roster with, or without the costume.
How will this work now?

Will the game for example here display your costumed Monk Boldtusk during a Fighter class quest (whatever they’re called) and allow you to switch them to original?

2 Likes

Yup, will be adding this clarification in. Mind if I steal? Very clear.

1 Like

Good artists copy. Great artists steal.

(You are a great artist, which is to say, yes - go ahead.)

1 Like

Yup, pretty much

You should be able to use the costume in the case trials that match the costume and the original hero in their class trials.

Using your example you can use BT in normal fighter trials and your Costume BT in mono trials :slight_smile:

Widening your hero pool to the C2P and F2P who get lucky

1 Like

Do you know if this chart is correct after the release? It’s circulating with some saying it’s info is wrong.

Will there be another way to acquire costume keys aside of costume quests which only give 6 keys per month?

Truthfully, not sure.

I’ve seen this screenshot about the 4* heroes which shows rigard needing 1x 3* material.

1 Like

So, if a fully ascended hero puts on a completely not ascended costume it becomes an unascended hero with 1-1 stats? Nice.

Check the FAQs thread :slight_smile:

Costume FAQs:

1 Like

This skipped my mind somehow. Even though I read all the rest several times. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to lock leveled costumes or does it not matter? I don’t want to feed a candy witch that I’ve leveled to one that hasn’t leveled.

Or is it more that since the levels are tied to the base hero, there is no “leveling” of the costume in the traditional sense. So long as one has a copy (and the game does not allow eating last copies) then all your feeder work remains intact so long as the base hero exists.

2 Likes

That has been my question as well, since with the Trials, we at least can know beforehand what the bosses are on each level and what team to put together to defeat (with the LEAST amount of battle mats)

Since the levelled costume applies only to the SINGLE BASE HERO, if you lock the base hero you can’t eat the levelled costume.

Also, the mechanic won’t let you feed the last version of the costume if that’s what you mean? only duplicates. See here:

1 Like

Unknown at this point… @zephyr1, any thoughts so I can include in the Master FAQs?

1 Like

But if you take off the costumes (this can be happen right, if we want to use the regular for raid).
Then what happen with the custome? I mean you can test it with leveling Hawkmoon, and see if both Brienne is open or locked. Thank you.

It appears that there are MANY more questions that this costume thing has created compared to almost any other new addition to the game! Wow! So, when is Season 3 coming out? :thinking::rofl:

SG gave us a “present” with 5 keys, but it may be only this month and also because the quest was not ready when the hero chamber opened up and the gem/key deal posted. I am curious if we will get 5 keys from SG each month. Sort of like some of the quests/events where they give you a WE flask

1 Like

I have Isarnia at lvl3.70, awaiting another telescope. I also pulled her costume today. Can I fully ascend her to lvl4.80 in the costume (using just 4 warm capes) without ascending her fully? I assume her costume level never can surpass her non-costume level…?

I believe that it has been explained already that you cannot ascend her any further than her “non-costumed” state

1 Like