Hero Costumes Discussion

Has anyone noticed that we are starting over with costumes … first heroes CT 20 … then heroes of the month … after Atlantis … events …

We spend money 2 times on the same hero … food iron etc etc …My god get me out of this movie

3 Likes

Good riddance then and stop spamming!

1 Like

Maybe Kailini and and costumed Gunnar

3 Likes

It doesn’t make sense to me to call for HotM to be added to costume pulls, but it does make sense to have a reduced cost, as you’re not buying the (chance at pulling the) whole hero, just an upgrade. Sure the mat costs are cheaper, but I think the pull cost should be cheaper too. 150 gems? Not more than 200 anyway.

As for 10x summons, seeing that only a dozen or so costumes are currently available, I’d have thought that duplicates were pretty much inevitable. Personally I plan to stick to summoning with keys for the next couple of months at least (though I did buy the offer, if that’s not cheating; used the keys, banked the gems for forthcoming events). Really, duplicate costumes are just like duplicate heroes: expensive food. They’re not nothing, but they’re not all that great value. So I suggest people dial down on the big pulls for now, and see how it all goes.

3 Likes

To avoid accidentally selecting Hawkmoon’s costume while I leveled it, I put it on my second Hawmoon who is Level 1 and unascended. When I got the costume to level 30, it told me I could not Ascend it past what the hero wearing the costume was at. I removed the costume and put it on my fully ascended Hawkmoon, but the costume then is back at level one. If I put it on the onleveled Hawkmoon, it’s back at level 30. This was discovered at 15:00EST in the United States

First please remove your ID# NOW
You can only ascend the costume if the original hero is ascended, it is the way it its designed
Also you can read this topic

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for the reply. It made sense why I could’t ascend the costume past the hero using it, but needing to level it again for each hero seemed counter intuitive/tedious. I’ve also removed the account info. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I’ve been having fun with my +14 Sonya now that I maxed her costume. Other than the first major split at 8 being completely goobered, the difference between druid/Paladin isn’t that severe.

It’s weird having a fast, sniping cleanser…

Edit: new Sonya is so sweet. Uber happy with my pull there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Since you didn’t read between the lines, I’m saying there are many who actually like the costume, and we don’t want it changed. How about our feelings? Or does your feelings outweigh ours?

3 Likes

Your numbers are a bit slightly off, perhaps because you’re not comparing maxed heroes but I like the idea that there are only little and subtle differences instead of completely different heroes. It’s just enough to make you think which version is more appropriate for each situation.

For example:

Original Joon (with the costume bonus) will have slightly higher attack stat, and a slightly stronger blind special that lasts two more turns.

Costume Joon will have a stronger direct damage special (488% instead of 468%) which will make it one of the best snipers in the game.

The way I see it, the original will be better against the titan where direct damage is less relevant and where the blind special will last the full six turns and that extra 5% accuracy down makes a ton of difference considering how hard a titan hits.

However, the costume version will be better in PvP raids where the extra direct damage becomes significant and where the last 2 turns of the blind special are usually unnecessary because the opponent is dead or the special has been dispelled.

Nothing major, you won’t really go wrong with either one, but just one extra consideration when picking a team.

6 Likes

I’m sorry your feelings got hurt. All better now?

If I hurt your feelings, I apologize. All better?

Why not starting a separate topic for this then? Each culture or nation has some recognizable attributes or costume details known to an outer world, whether we like it or not. For North American first nations it happened to be moccasins and war bonnets (thanks to Fenimore Cooper, James Willard Schultz and other writers).

1 Like

Chef boy arr BT seems meh to me.

1 Like

You max the chef boy for the bonus only.
Other than that, he is one of the few where the original is better than the costume.

hero costume is a good idea, but setup and put in place in the wrong way. New players with need to have first the corresponding hero and to level up costume… actual new user like me that just finish to level up lelendor are really happy (sarcastic mode on) to need now to level up hero costume …

that’s make no senses, costume need a specific level up system but not something like level up all the hero …

nice try but ask the guy who had this idea to think twice next time !

That is a good idea for planning, and yes, the numbers are based off of their first level stats, as I don’t have either one maxed out yet.

From what I have heard, leveling the costume is much faster than the hero.

The costume can never be a higher ascension that the hero. So if hero is 4-1, costume can go to 4-1.

EDIT: What I wrote above is WRONG, this is from @Guvnor, creator of the Costumes FAQ page.

Cookie Settings