Hero Costumes Discussion

He means, click on HEROES.

Ya I get that, but I don’t want to keep Tyrum costume. I have no interest in levelling him to the point of using the costume. I have 2 of each element 3* heroes already fully levelled for tournaments and I’d rather focus on levelling other heroes.

Rasta Hare ahhaha! Well done

It is, but you get smaller upgrades as you ascend it. First Ascension is 1% everything but health, which gets 2%. It doubles on each subsequent Ascension, until you get 3% on everything but healtb, which gets 6%.

Once the costume is fully leveled with full special skill, it’s 5% everything but health, which gets 10%.

I have my Mel unemblemed, so the pics below show this. First is both costumed and non-costumed Mel at costume Ascension 4:

Next is fully leveled costume Mel without full 8/8 skill:

And finally, fully leveled costume with 8/8 skill Mel and fully leveled regular Mel with stat boost. It’s interesting to see the slight differences between the two:

Food cost isn’t too bad, but I still went through some heroes to get him there.

It’s a more interesting mechanic than I thought, but no way I’d chase any of these with gems at this point as I think the best thing about them is a 5% Mana boost. Still, I’ll take a free one once a month and not complain.

7 Likes

So I wonder. Do 5* costumes have greater bonus with the extra ascension

Or are those bonuses based on skill level 8/8 and not actual costume level 3.70?

@Renz You can use heroes to level it up as well. I did calculations on what all rarities on and off color give you for leveling a costume. Here is the link to the topic.

From the portal, no. Bonuses are static, or so it appears (this is from the portal):

Tap the menu book, then tap inventory, under the general tab you’ll see Utility/Emblems/Costumes, tap costumes and then tap on a costume and the real & lengthy description will pop up. It should have been placed in the summons gate since the tutorial for the costumes takes you to different places. If you have the hero to match the costume you pulled the game takes you to your hero roster. If you don’t have the hero to match the costume the game takes you to your inventory.

5 Likes

That’s interesting, Tyrum costume version is my favorite, no other heroes from 1* to 5* has special skill cleanser with fast mana speed, except Sonya costume.

And there are no limit caps for costumes, so that is not the problem, if you did not like it, do not use it and do not level Tyrum costume.

5 Likes

I know I’m going to be in the minority here but in the short term at least I see much more value summoning in the costume chamber than in any of the portals. As my roster is big and largely filled with s1 heroes (from 3 to 5 * ) every non dupe costume has a value to me (even if it’s only for RT). Compare these odds to the 3 or so % chance of getting something that I will use from an event or seasonal portal and it doesn’t seem that bad. Also with 18 maxed 5*s (working on 19 and 20) in war I’m generally using every 5 I have and almost all the 4s that are strong vs the enemy’s tank colour so even buffing my 4s a little will help me quite a lot. I feel like this release wasn’t aimed at f2p but more at the long term c2p players like myself who have some event / seasonal / hotm heroes but not many and already have plenty of war depth so the extra levelling up doesn’t have to compete with more important targets.

2 Likes

Yea i’m a far way over I think on that score :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Please change to only 1 featured hero per month instead of 2. This way players are able to choose the specific costume they want.

Also, please never never consider adding costumes for HOTMs/Event/Atlantis heroes in future. This costume should only be restricted to TC20 underwhelming heroes. TP of 752 for a 5* is clearly rubbish.

Read the FAQs

Its a business…?? What do you think they’re going to do?

When you go to a cafe and they have new cake on the menu, do you abuse the staff for charging for the new cake??

Seriously, get over yourselves everyone who is COMPLAINING ABOUT A BASIC BUSINESS STRATEGY… SGG is a business… they exist to make money. They offer a service to make money… So stop being so entitled to say that they should be offering everything for free… Be grateful that there even IS a free way to play.

6 Likes

" I feel like this release wasn’t aimed at f2p but more at the long term c2p players like myself"

You do know that a 1.5% chance for 2 featured hero is not cheap right?

2 Likes

There’s making a business (which is fine, Paywalls and all that)

And there’s lootboxes which are pretty much gambling. Another costume lootbox to draw in more addicted problem gamblers?

Fantastic business of course!

4 Likes

Nor did I say so, but if I summon normally the only result I will use (not for food) is a 5* or non dupe event / seasonal 4. In the costume chamber in the short term if I get boldtusk, Sonya, rigard, melendor etc etc they will actually improve my war teams and in some cases titans and even raids. I am not saying they will make my defence but they are still of value to me

1 Like

Weren’t costumes supposed to raise base stats by 5% or more? Why are max costumes giving stats that are less than base heroes?

Apologies if this has been addressed.

Check the FAQs