Hero Costume FAQs! Please read for answers to most questions before posting new questions

If you level up a costume to maximum and the hero, yes you get a bonus.

1 Like

Yes; You get a total of 9x AM Chests. Each NEW portal gets 9 in total (Atlantis, Valhalla, Costumes etc…). They don’t “share” progress either.

1 Like

I’m having an hard time understanding how costumes work on multiple characters.

Example: I had a maxed Sonya with maxed costume, and received a second Sonya and costume.

I maxed the second Sonya, but when I tried to put her the costume… it let me choose only the unleveled costume.

I also have two Kirils (one maxed) and one costume (maxed). If I put the costume on the unleveled Kiril… but the costume should at least get at 1/40, as costumes are limited by the hero’s ascension cap.

Can please someone break this down for me?

I have got a Joon incl costume. I leveld up (not to max currently) the “standard” Joon - but I cannot use him. It is impossible to switch from the (default!) costume Joon to the standard Joon.
Pls help! :slight_smile:

Use the Equip toggle switch.

Basically, when you get a costume, you can equip it to all your equal heroes, but every costumed individual must be leveled individually.

Example: You have 2 Kirils and got one costume. That single costume can be equipped to both Kirils, but each costumed-Kiril must be leveled up separately.

(And actually, you only need one costume for any quantity of a hero. If you get a second constume, just use it as feed.)

2 Likes

Thank you for your explanation. At this I point I imagined there was the need to level each costumed individual separately…

So, staying with the Kirils +1 costume: if I fully level them both and then each costumed Kiril (as per your example), then I can use them both with costume in war?

In case the answer is affirmative, will they both have costume bonus?

Exactly as you said, yes. You can use both and they both will have the costume bonus.

1 Like

Thank you, now all is clear

1 Like

Every costume must be levelled individually for each copy of the hero… Think of it more like “weapon proficiency”…

Not much more to it than that… The ascension of the costume is capped at the ascension of the hero it’s attached to. As above, each costume must be individually trained on each copy of the hero you have.

All noted & stated in the FAQs in the OP of this topic:

Man, I agree with you there!!!

1 Like

I went through the above and if the common Q’s addressed this, sorry I missed it. Pretty sure I’ve answered my own question… Just didn’t realize this till now.

Example: Tibs at Asc 4, level 1. Took the costumed hero to max 4/70. Full bonus (wearing it or not). Saved on leveling the ‘orginal’ hero (not going to use that way)! Yeah!

It doesn’t go the other way though does it… lol. Just to 100% confirm.

To get full costume bonus the costume has to go to max both in level & in special skill :slight_smile:

1 Like

The other problem with not leveling the base hero is you cannot use emblems for the costume until both sides are max special and level

What I did with Sartana and Azlar is i got the costume to 4/80 and used it while i worked on leveling the main hero for emblems.

1 Like

still no news about the remaining s1 heroes ? oh well i guess with new ninja heroes these costumes will be totally uselss anyway

I’ve been searching around to find out if SGG has said anything about changing how emblems work on these costumes.

It is a huge gameplay detriment to have to reset a hero just to put emblems back on them in the event that you get their costume and the path you’d chosen for the base isn’t right for the costume.

If we were allowed to set the costume emblems upon maxing out the costume (based on the number of nodes you have on the base hero.)

So basically the costume talent grid would get a number of usable “nodes” when you progress the grid of the base hero, and you could progress that path independently.

It was a huge improvement when SGG did lock in war and raid tourney teams so that we could change costumes outside of those activities, this would really put the finishing touch on costume interactions.

What’s the best way to make suggestions for the game? I made a post in this thread last week and would like to put it forth. I miraculously pulled a costume Joon last night so my concerns have become very real, haha.

You can make a thread in #ideas-feature-requests

1 Like

Costume question.

Does a hero in original form gets a buff or boost if their costume counterpart is maxed?

I no longer have memory of this.

yes,…
Here is my Tibs original (CB) level 4.1

And here is my Tibs.Costume level 4.70 (max)

Both get the same percent bonus buff.

1 Like