Hero concept

I’d like a lute - but couldn’t play it whilst playing the game, not enough hands :joy:

And that rings true, in all except you…

giphy%20(26)

2 Likes

I included the defense and attack buff for the raid defense role, but maybe it is too OP.

I like the idea of such a special.

Does she shop with Zeline ?

2 Likes

It’s sad that it looks better looking and interesting of the real new heroes.

How much work did it take?

2 Likes

Illustration belongs to dandonfuga @deviantart.

Btw, this is the less OP version. Damage targeted to single enemy, changed from all enemies. Buffs are now self-buffs.

1 Like

@Saffran
I know the character is already a fanart modeled after a WoW character (which I did not play), but this is I believe the first time I’ve seen a full hero card made to go with stats and special abilities discussed. Very interesting.

@Rook
Eh… No one game character is too under-dressed when you have Ivy Valentine running around. In fact there is some vibes with the facial expression and attire theme that resembles Ivy. Er, don’t Google up if you are at work, it might open up a can of worms.

2 Likes

aah ehem…cough cough zeline?

You read my mind. :grin:

@Shohoku79
I thought making a real card would make the proposal much more imaginable, which I believe what happened here. Also, it just got too interesting special skill, which if ever implemented, would have a very interesting role in the game.

1 Like

Previous card was much more in E&P style.

This one looks more like a black metal Cd cover.

1 Like

Hahah. I was aware. I’m going to change it.

So I made a whole group of these concept heroes. (The characters illustrarion are not mine. I’ve mentioned the credits.)

The 5 stars:

1. Ice: Corianne
    She will be good at titan and events, I guess. Not quite useful in raid defense maybe but the likely permanent heal could be OP, but she’ll definitely be awesome at raid offense.

2. Green: Eva
    I’d think that 420 damage for 3 enemies per skill is quite decent. She also has Aeron’s skill only without the heal, but with wider range. Good stats for defense.

3. Dark: Melovene
    It’s time to make it easier to kill Guinevere and with very fast mana, Melovene will likely cast her skill first. Her attack skill ignores all enemies’ buff defense, counter, etc. The skill also introduces a new concept where the target will not get any effect from buffs (the ones with specific icons on the character). So, heal over turns will just not work. Element Link gives 20% mana taken by Gui back, although in 4 turns.

The 4 stars:
4. Holy: Nian Zhen
She will debuff you crazily, but she will gamble on it! So, basically Wu Kong, but a debuff. Not sure how this is going to work.

1. Fire: Elysse
    The first healer in the game with fast mana. Only heals nearby allies, but she also got a new kind of buff: +20% damage. So, if you damage raw 420, the target will get +84 right after that. Only to Nature enemies.
1 Like

On the “create a gem” skill (most of us call those special tiles gems, not asterisks), the trouble, how does it work on defense? Many wouldn’t be willing to invest in a 5* that lost an important ability on defense.

An alternative might be “Frostbite”: convert (all? Random number?) Nature tiles into Ice tiles. This would work well on either side of the board: on offense, you’re creating more tiles that leverage the reduced defense against ice; on defense, you’re removing tiles that do the most damage to ice heroes.

The addition of the attack/defense buffs is WAY overpowered. Drop that and extend the Ice weakness to 5 rounds.

5 Likes

The attack/defense buff has been changed btw. So the attack buff is gone.

The idea of converting nature gems actually came across my mind, could work really well too with a formation with three blue heroes or so. The idea of special tiles does intrigue me more though cause of its potential on offense, which might still appeal even without a strong role on raid defense.

@Kerridoc what about the other heroes? I updated the bunch.

• Melovene: 300% isn’t nearly strong enough. Fast snipers get about 58% per tile, and the impact of higher attack % is nonlinear, so I think she’ll have to be at least 375% to be effective. I like the “bypass buffs” idea a lot. The “put buffs on pause” idea sounds very tricky to implement. I’m assuming that your thinking that existing buffs would disappear for 4 rounds, the reappear? Are their timers suspended? What happens if a new cast puts the same or, worse, similar buff on? An alternative, which may be what you meant, is “All buffs are dispelled from target, and the target cannot receive new buffs for 4 rounds.” That we be nasty and highly effective.

• Eva: good design.

• Elysse: compare her to Kashhrek, and she’s far too weak. Bump the healing to 45%, like Kashhrek, or spread to all allies (probably wants a higher number here). The +20% seems low to me, when I compare to Falcon. Would have to play-test to see, but I’m guessing +40% is about right.

• Nian Zhen would break titans, particularly when used with Wu. I’d be content to domtitan runs without casting any offensive specials with such a huge defense debuff. Maybe 44% debuff to match Isarnia?

3 Likes

@Kerridoc Thanks for the comment. Good insight.

Melovene: Very fast mana with 375% mana doesn’t seem too strong?

About the buff bypass. The buffs are still there counting every turns. Will still be expired as its original turns left. But, the target will not get any effect from the buffs. So, say the target has a shield icon (for +def), the effect will not show on his/her stat. So, heal over turns which is in a form of a buff, will not heal him/her either for 4 turns. The buffs on the target will still count normally. So if the defense buff is for 6 turns, 4 of them will not affect the target in any way, and only 2 of the turns actually affects him/her.

1 Like

@Kerridoc
I really like Eva too. I guess the most realistic one among them. Also, I like the relatively good def and high HP. Seems like a tough one on both def and attack.

Elysse has fast mana though. I was thinking 40+ % heal like Kashhrek, but I was considering the fast mana.

Also, +20% is the raw damage though, 20% of the number of damage succesfully dealt. I guess for raw damage, it’s quite high? I agree that she’s a bit weak on HP and def. But I guess still better than Melendor/Sabina, also with fast mana, could probably replace Rigard. Idk.

Nian Zhen: yeah! I wonder though if Wu’s inaccuracy chance + Zhen’s immune chance on enemies would stack into a nightmare of misses. :stuck_out_tongue:

Re suspended buffs, id be inclined to just call that a single-target dispel. Very few buffs last more than 4 turns. I also don’t think it should suspend undispellable buffs, like elemental link.