Hero classes

So will the “classes” have similar perks to atlantis season 2 “families”, possibly even replace the family perks with class perks? Or is it too early for that to even be brought up?

Currently the class of each hero is predefined,

Classes are not like families. Family members benefit by being teamed together. Heroes gain class benefits by moving up the Talent Grid using Emblems, food and iron. There’s no synergistic benefit of having, say, two Paladins on a team.

3 Likes

My guess is that once it gets closer to release sgg will allow some of the beta folks to put out a class primer, similar to what i did before Alliance Wars came out, so that there’s a detailed explanation of the mechanic before it drops.

2 Likes

But within a tree, you will have the opportunity to improve all three stats? Did I understand that correctly?

Yes.

20 chars even for a moderator

4 Likes

You have no choice in the heroes specific class. You get what is given and can not change a heroes class

Not like families or elemental link at all. Basically you can add a little (1 point) in to a heroes attack, survival, or a new class specific ability.

That’s what I’ve read and seen as well. Just wanted to make sure nothing changed

Will these class specific abilities finally make other tanks as useful as Guinevere in the tank role, as she (hopefully) doesn’t have a tanking focused class herself?

Nope nothing really changes with Guinevere, as all heroes now have a class so dies she.

Someone please let Staff know to get a move on it. Ol’ Kayo’s starting to fill up on dupes specifically for this! Let the devs know it will be a big help to me, and I’d consider it a personal favor, of which I’d most certainly return.

Yes, definetely there are heroes that benefit more from their classes, and others that benefit less.
I’m totally sure this would change many things for defenses and wars, making Guinevre not as popular as before.

What’s more as Kerridoc mention, people have to choose which heroes upgrade first and put in queue all the others of the same class.
This makes heroes with multiple purpose (good in both titans and defence) the first choice for all the top guys.
Guinevre is actually in the same class of Hel, Isarnia and Zeline. Which of them would you upgrade first?

2 Likes

That is separate from classes.

Only keep duplicates for heroes stuck at 3/8 to 6/8 like Rook’s Gunnar

Every class has a unique skill, and some are better suited to tank role than others. Unsurprisingly Paladins have a skill that improves their tank performance. Wizard’s skill not useful for defensive tanks like Guinevere. It will be interesting to see how/if this changes the meta.

Ah. I think I misunderstood. I read somewhere to not throw away duplicates, as they’ll be paying a very important role soon. Thought it was for this.

No, it’s strictly to unstick heroes that are max level but not max special. Mostly 3*. If that’s not a problem for you, proceed as normal.

Son of Sa Bina… these damned 4* dupes have been clogging up my hero cap…

Which class does she currently belong to and what does it do? I am curious :slight_smile:
(Maybe the same question, but with GM as well?)

The stuck hero thing is a pretty safe change, and I hope it appears soon for all those new players dependent on 3 stars. Feeding stuck 3 stars is way harder on them than someone who happened to have a stuck 4 star (has that ever happened?)

But from what I gather from the whole class thing, it could very much have a big impact on the game in two dimensions - adding complexity to the number of interactions that could go buggy and unbalancing a hero. I hope they proceed slowly and test the heck out of it.

And totally unselfishly, if they need more people to help test it in beta…I’m available :wink:

2 Likes

I was able to update but I don’t have the hero classes. Did I do something wrong

1 Like