Hero Class Quest Tutorials using minimal items and ONLY 4-star Classic Heroes from Training Camps

Trials of Serenity tutorial videos.

This one was tough for me and I couldn’t be the third level with by 4-star classic hero bench. The first two levels are fairly reasonable for a 4-star bench. The third level however is very difficult without a healer. The only healers qualified for these quests are Ares, Aegir and Red Hood. I tried using my mono-purple ranger/paladin team and ran out of healing pots. Ultimately I had to use Lianna, Triton, Aegir, Athena and Buddy.

Levels 1 and 2 completed. Failed Level 3.

Level 3 - Challenging. The link below jumps straight to the beginning of my successful run using 5-star heroes.

3 Likes

4000TP is possible with regular heroes
Screenshot_2019-01-27-08-56-09
225 and 100 healing potions, bomb attacks and 3 dragons

1 Like

Trials of Survival

Rogues and Barbarians Class Quests.

Levels 1, 2 & 3. Completed all levels with maxed 4-star classic heroes or less. No healers. Bring healing pots & antidotes.

Video starts at Level 3 - Challenging. Bosses are Scarlett, Nashgar and Azlar.
I should have brought Little John, 2 Grimms, Scarlet and Gormek but I forgot and put Kelile in for Gormek. Little John would have come in really handy to slow down the mana generation of the bosses on the last level. But even without LJ, you can pull off a win with enough tile damage and firepower.

Check out the Dodge talent at timecode 5:55.
Check out the Wound talent at timecode 12:18.

3 Likes

Trials of Piety tutorial videos.

Had to split this tutorial into multiple video files because I was waiting for a monster chest to unlock and didn’t want to waste flags. Links to the first two levels are below but the only level with real difficulty is the last one, which I embedded into this page. Like I noted above, this challenge is very difficult if all you have are 4-star classic heroes. The main strategy of killing Joon with riposte works. However it turns out that Wu Kong and Boril are must have heroes for the quest. Otherwise you will not have enough damage dealing capability to take down the bosses.

Trials of Piety - Level 1 tutorial video
Trials of Piety - Level 2 tutorial video

Trials of Piety - Level 3 Challenging

4 Likes

Trials of Decimation tutorial video.

The embedded video below jumps straight to the boss wave of the last level. The bosses are Oberon, Ulmer and Baltthazar. I had few choices among my 4-star classic Wizards and Fighters so I ended up taking 3 Kirils, Boldtusk and Hu Tao. 4 healers and a 4-star yellow tank. It is possible to beat this quest with only regular heroes. You just have to count on tile damage and your healers since there are no healers among the bosses. At least I didn’t need to burn any revive scrolls on this quest.

If you have any high powered Wizards you should definitely take them instead, they will make your quest so much easier. If you have even a Proteus from Atlantis, the final boss wave becomes a practical cakewalk when you use mana potions to charge up Proteus.

1 Like

Trials of Nature

The embedded video jumps straight to the boss wave of the last level. The bosses are Chao, Brienne and Horghall. This was a relatively easy quest as long as you have a Melendor to heal your team. The rest of the quest is straight forward and can be completed using simple battle tactics. I packed Tiburtuses & Caedmons to color stack green and purple. Tiburtus debuffs the defense of the bosses and Melendor / Caedmon to remove Brienne’s buff. Start with taking down Chao if you have any purple heroes to take advantage to color stacked tile damage.

6 Likes

Trials of Shadows

The embedded video jumps straight to the boss wave of the last level. The bosses are Skittleskull, Domitia & Scarlett. This quest is also fairly easy if you’ve got at least one Sabina to heal your team. The qualified 4-star classic hero bench is Scarlett, Kelile, Skittleskull and Sabina. The strategy to take down the bosses of the last level is to color stack red to take down Skittleskull first. Then ghost tiles down the left side of the screen and charge up your rogues and work your way across Domitia and then onto Scarlett.

5 Likes

Bad again, how look your team @zephyr1 ?

1 Like

I’m seeing red! :laughing:

My team on this one isn’t too bad:

1 Like

My worst trial. Only 1 hero available for this trial. This is totally shi**!!! :rofl:

Trials of Justice.

Final level bosses are Joon, Justice and Richard.

The embedded video jumps straight to the boss wave. There are no healers in the 4-star classic hero bench eligible for this quest. The only eligible healers are 5-star premium heroes.

I couldn’t beat this one with 4-star classic heroes. I’ve got the video of that here. Instead I brought Aegir, 2 Joons (1 maxed, 1 at 3-something), Leonidas and Cyprian. Total team power of 3815 vs. the recommended power of 4000.

Cyprian’s riposte helped but would not have been enough on it’s own. It looks like the bosses defense stat and HP are too high for riposte strategies to be really effective. Instead I color stacked yellow tile damage agaisnt Richard and then used direct damage SS to work my way across to Joon.

In general, if you have a Wilbur, he will be very useful in this quest. You may need to use him + Wu Kong and as much hitting power as you can find to beat these bosses. If you have Tarlak, that’s even better.

2 Likes

Trials of Justice. v20 of the game increased the difficulty of the final level of bosses. On the whole I don’t think it was that much harder but it is noticeable if you look up the bosses HP. I don’t think this quest is beatable by a team of 4-star classic heroes. It might be theoretically possible with enough Cyprians and Wu Kong to color stack purple against yellow bosses.

I ended up using Leonidas, 2 x Joon, Aegir & Wilbur.

This video jumps straight to the boss wave.

5 Likes

Trials of Fortitude - L3 Post V20 difficulty. The embedded video below jumps straight to the boss wave.

The difficulty is not much harder than before. It is beatable by a 4-star team of classic heroes. I ran 2 Caedmons, 2 Melendors and Boril. Used the same tactics to defeat the bosses. Suicide Horghall on Boril’s riposte and then take down Boril with a mix of Caedmon’s SS and tile damage. Use Melendor & Caedmon’s dispel abilities to remove riposte and VIvica’s defense buff as necessary.

3 Likes

Trials of Mysticism - L3 Post V20 difficulty. The embedded video below jumps straight to the boss wave.

I didn’t really notice a difference in difficulty. That’s not to say that it was easy. My self-imposed restriction of sticking to a team of 4-star classic heroes has seriously hampered my team on this quest. Three Kirils are not likely to be found on a F2P or C2P player’s bench but it is what I have that qualify for this quest. At least this time I had the foresight to max a Skittleskull and now I can color stack green w/ her and Kashhrek against the Ulmer boss.

I tried running this last level with Ulmer, 3 Kirils and Skittles but couldn’t keep Ulmer alive. Even in this video I still used all of my revival scrolls. I’m effectively calling this quest unwinnable w/o carpet bombing for F2P players who are limited to TC20 heroes. If you’ve been lucky and drawn Quintus, Isarnia or Sartana you’ve got a decent shot of winning but the 4-star bench in these classes are just offensively weak.

3 Likes

Updated Trials of Serenity - Level 3 for the post v20 buff to the bosses. The video linked below jumps straight to the boss wave.

Oddly enough I was able to beat this quest using only 4-star classic heroes whereas in my previous video I had to use Aegir (pre-v20 buff) and Triton to heal my team of 5-star heroes. I attribute this mostly to having maxed my Cyprian in the time between the two videos. I still think this version of the quest is harder than the one before. I’m not sure I would recommend trying to bet this quest using 2 Sonyas, 2 Tiburtuses and a Cyprian. I rushed to get to the boss wave before I ran out of healing pots and then had to get a fairly lucky board to take down the bosses. I ran out of potions half way through the boss wave and seriously considered giving up on the 4-star team.

4 Likes

Updated Trials of Survival - Level 3, post v20 buff to the bosses. The video linked below jumps straight to the boss wave. This quest feels harder than before, but that could be it was always dicey to run a quest without a healer. I used all my healing pots and I can imagine that this quest will not always be beatable by a team of 4-star classic heroes.

I used 2 Grimms (1 maxed, 1 at 3-60), Scarlett, Gormek and Little John.

5 Likes

Updated Trials of Decimation - Level 3, post v20 difficulty. The video below jumps straight to the boss wave. This quest didn’t feel any harder than the original. It is still beatable by a team of 4-star classic heroes. I used 3 Kirils, Hu Tao and Kashhrek.

3 Likes

Great big Thank You @madmarv for taking so much time in putting all of this together! My alliance has many F2P & C2P gamers who are going to be going back to this time & again for help in completing those quests!

Greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Trial of Shadows - Level 3, post v20 difficulty. The video below jumps straight to the boss wave. This version of the quest didn’t feel any different from the previous incarnation. Taking a pair of Sabinas makes the quest so much easier than other hero class quests. At least there is a decent mix of hitters and utility heros available among sorcerers and rogues. The downside is that you will likely have to max a hero that you ordinarily would bother to keep on your bench. I know Kelile isn’t popular for some reason despite Marjana, the 5-star version of Kelile, is one of the must have reds. And wearing the Skittles avatar is used as a form of punishment in some alliances.

1 Like

Trials of Justice - Level 3, post v20 difficulty. At this point it feels like all of the hullabaloo about buffing the quest bosses is overrated. I remember that this quest gave me difficulty before v20 and I had to resort to using my 5-star heroes to complete the Trial. That was before I maxed a Cyprian. Now I can just barely beat this quest with only 4-star classic heroes. I’m not sure if I could repeat this win on a regular basis, but I have a strong feeling that maxing two Cyprians would make this quest a snap. My team is 2 Sonyas, Wu Kong, Cyprian and Li Xiu. If I had 2 Wu Kongs I might remove Li Xiu. I would like to dump Wu Kong but I suspect that I may need to use his attack buff with a purple color stack to take down Joon and Justice. Cyprian’s riposte could eventually kill all of the bosses, but the lack of healers in this quest make that a chancy strategy.

The video below jumps straight to the boss wave.

1 Like