⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Zulag

Slower speed, and Brynhild can’t be dispelled. So not very good at all

2 Likes

Yes. She is terrible because she only protects neighbors AND also can be dispelled! Brynhild cannot be dispelled, so she’s ok. I don’t like her much either though because she only protects neighbors.

3 Likes

Fully agree. This is real annoying. Even a 4* hero is better than Zulag. Every buff which can be dispelled useless in the defense/tank. And for what else did they create her???

1 Like

Zulag sucks. Heroes like Mist and Malosi can shut down her entire special except the minions, and the fact that they’re both yellow AND faster than her proves that she needs a serious buff. Either make it so that she adds an attack buff as well, or that she will give the effects to everyone.

Yeah and now costumes for Finley GM killhate posidon and jabber are in beta WTF is SG thinking making hotms like zulag and not fixing them but buff the most op heros already in the game what next black knight costumes ffs

The should nerf Zulag. She’s too powerful. SG has shown they need to buff weak heroes like Gravemaker, Killhare and Finley because they can’t compete with these newer HOTM like Zulag.

5 Likes

I detect a hint of sarcasm lol

I use zulag as a defense tank for wars. With bk and krampus flanking and 2 snipers. Tends to work wonders but in raids its hit and miss. She’s good but only if the attacker has a shocking board in the lead up to her special.

1 Like

I’ve lost 2 raids against many of her, only time she seems of use is in VF…and thats the thing not everyone has taunt hero’s only top tier spenders or very lucky, but yeah only 2 hotms now I got is her and bertila and id probably do bertila over zulag even at slow mana…I wish it were different but meh we all know whre sg is in terms of balancing hero’s and thats “here’s a Shiney new op hero thats op AF and even though you.spent a ton to get them we’ll nerf them soon but hey keep an eye out for costumes for already massively op heros that we’ll never nerf cuz we make a ton of $ off them 2 times a year…oh and may we have your sin# credit card # and address while your at it?”

1 Like

Yeah creating synergy is key. I bounce between buying a few offers and predominantly free to play the rest of the time. I made the number one mistake chasing costume marjana…only to be left with bertila from 52 pulls…I learnt my lesson haha. But bertila looks good too. Zulag is really situational in terms of use. Regretting maxing her instead of freya…we live we learn eh

I was underwhelemed by Brynhild for the longest time… until I saw just how well she does as a war tank. Top 100 alliance, she is the only 4* on the field, let alone as a tank. And every time she got bounces, usually multiple. The last war before I decommissioned her in favour of Frigg she soaked up 9 flags for 5 kills (i.e. 1 OS and 4 bounces). She is very underestimated and a lot of people end up suffering the consequences of that

1 Like

Yeah she’s at fast speed rogue and can’t be debuffed

And if a top 100 alliance will run a 4* as a tank and probably not fully max zulag that’s pretty telling

As some people know I go well out of my way to find uses for heroes that others wouldn’t give the time of day for. I have been (by my own meausre) very successful in utilising Noor, Zocc and Grimble (before his slight rise in populatrity) in my roster.

I don’t have Zulag - and I am of the opinion that to truly understand if you can utilise a hero you need to have them and max them - but I just can’t see much of a use case for her in PVP. In PVE, especially if you have a duplicate - you could protect your team very well against strong bosses. That seems to be about it… but kudos to @Samantha7 and anyone else who has found a value-add place for her in their roster as I always appreciate ingenuity and creativity in roster manipulation

1 Like

Gave this hero a try as a tank and a wing after embalming her 10 to defense… never had worse performance of my defence. All attacks won when she was tank (11 attacks in a day) with player having generally a lower level than me. This just highlights to me that she is not suitable in the meta as is. Brynhild, c. Rigard and even regular Kasshreck were better tanks at a higher level, useless in war with dispelling balance. In the light of my experience; I think that she definitely isn’t worth leveling as is now in the actual meta.

1 Like

With all those “balancing” going on. Don’t you think its time to balance all the heros so they are the same? So they affect all heros. Like the buff with Aegir a couple years back or so. Make these to equal to the rest.

In beta, we’ve had formation changes available this last week.

Imagine attacking a player with 2 heroes in a front row, and 3 heroes behind them. Zulag is in the rear center. This means she’s adjacent to her whole team, and she guards all of them. And no matter who you’re attacking, she’s likely to get mana-fed by some runoff tiles.

I’ve fought her in that circumstance a few times, and I haven’t won. New formation options may be exactly the buff she needs, and then she could be more frustrating to fight than most.

Kashrek would get the same benefit, though I still think he’s good as a tank. Even as a vanilla. Vanillas are almost always a cut below event heroes.

3 Likes

Newer players already really struggle with Kash tanks and my Zulag wins plenty of defences in diamond.

Personally, I think there are much higher priorities for balancing.

2 Likes

That is very interesting about the formation changes. My Zulag is still at 1.1 since I am not fond of healers who don’t heal the whole team. I may have to dust her off if those changes are brought in.

In that case I’d want you to know that changing formations requires a Hero Academy. That needs a level 25 stronghold, and it took me over a year & a half of playing to get that far. Some of us are still asking to have this made much more accessible, but we’ll see what happens.

Staff members have said they plan on first putting this in the live game as a world wide beta test before they make final decisions. I don’t know when that’ll happen.

2 Likes

That would be interesting. I would decently max her out on both level and emblems if that happens. Have enough for 1372 emblem to feed her and piling up fast.

1 Like