⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Waterpipe

LOL at people defending a hero like Waterpipe.

1. You can’t activate a ninja hero if you don’t have tiles. Also, the odds of pulling one of these ninjas is next to nothing and 99.99999% of the player base won’t have them.
  2. Baldur? Bwahaha, I don’t even know where to start laughing at this one. Yeah, let’s bring an old hero who was already pathetic and weak at the time of release, who’s the weakest color, and who is average speed. We’ll win!
  3. You can’t activate a Styx hero if you don’t have tiles.
  4. “Every hero can be killed with 3 tiles.” Ah, so you advocate going mono, which is something no higher-end player does. Mono is absolutely stupid and will make you lose even more matches. In short, your only strategy is “bring mono and pray you get 3 tiles.” Brilliant!!

My point stands. If Wateripe goes off first, I don’t care what you bring, you lose. And that’s why she needs to be nerfed… because it removes the element of player control. At least against M&M or other strong tanks you can still do something.

Enjoy the upcoming nerf to Waterpipe, and I hope it frustrates you immensely. I was right about the X-Mas heroes, I was right about C Alassie, and I’m going to be right about Waterpipe too.

8 Likes

I hate nerfing post release, but this card is just too stupid by any imagination to have been released this way.

This game is about Mana, and you take that away from the play, it means you need luck just to get the tiles and somehow magically kill all the minions especially hiding in the wings.
I see that cards that steal mana or cut mana, stop mana only when the specials fire can be negotiated. (Eg: Proteus, Li Xu, Neith, Onatel, C Alaise etc)

But a card that continuously eat mana away from your team is definitely unbalanced.
She cannot be compared to LOTL in any ways. LOTL is slow and dies in 3-4 red tiles even with just 3 red cards. Her stats are roughly D --930 ish and H – 1550 ish. Her swords can die in a sneeze.

Waterpipe is almost fast with all the buffs and mana nodes and magic troops and has def above 950 and health above 1750. Even against a mono green team she takes a beating and fires the minions. Her minions can be removed from the tank and at times flank if we get the right tiles else the mana just keeps eroded. And i am not even going to talk about the buff block those minion give.

And ppl claiming that her minions are easy to kill, it is not easy to kill with the formations where flank or wings are hidden safely.
Also a lot of times, she comes with some of the most powerful allies that charge when you cant charge up your mana and take you down as the minions also give -30% DD against SS.

I find M&M which does lot more that this card way easier to manage that this card. She should just give 3 minions or should be slow.
Any card that has mechanics to shut down the enemy team is a bad design.

7 Likes

You are just provoking us because well you maybe do not know how is mono working. Or maybe because you did not hear about heroes who are making her minions useless.
And yes, your excuse will always be TILES ARE CURSED :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Maybe it is time for you to learn how to lose a raid without so much drama :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

C Alaise deserved to be nerfed. When you see a specific card everywhere and occurring twice in the same team, it is pretty obvious that card is broken. I use C Alaise and i didnt really feel bad abt her nerf as she was OP. The current form is balanced.

2 Likes

Yeah she is balanced and CPanther need a huge buff :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

C Panther should just be a hit 3 card not kill all card. I dont have her, and even if i pull her i wont be surprised if she gets another round of nerf. On her own she has destroyed teams sitting on both wing of the defense.

2 Likes

How do you expect to win any match with no tiles? I think I’ve casted 0 sepecials when my mana bar was not full and ive been playing for YEARS…ill have to check on that.

Not having tiles not unique to waterpipe, so maybe im.missing something in your logic.

I never go mono always 3-2 and have 0 issues with waterpipe. I need 6 on color tiles maybe 7 to destroy her very weak minions with nyx and/or malcina. Thats it. If you dont get thelose tiles the presense of waterpipe is not the issue.

Also you know baldur recently got a costume and its awesome! I used the base hero for a very long time and he is very underrated.

1 Like

not true at all, i faced her and she fires first multiple times and still won (many times).

tiles can kill her minions, her minions can’t hit all your team when there are 2 or 3 minions left.

she can be annoying but nowhere near impossible before AND after she fires.

2 Likes

I don’t think she is in need of nerf and I don’t have her either. Just use heavy green team and two Topaz against her

1 Like

The problem is not waterpipe but the heroes who she is accompanied with on whale defenses.

3 Likes

4 greens in your team, Wateripe fired twice, enemy doesn’t have a healer and all the enemy heroes are full hp.

clearly there were no green tiles, how is that Wateripe problem.

any other blue tank you would have lost

1 Like

Ezpz

1 Like

Well now you made a good point about how much money you throw in the game to be able to win waterpipe. A lot of the players who play dont have that much money to spare just to defeat a broken card. :smile:

1 Like

I hate that we have to have these threads. Over and over they release heroes that they are warned are too overpowered and then the frustration begins. It’s maddening that the game has to apologize every single month for constant screw ups…and these nerf necessities are 100 percent avoidable.

3 Likes

All I really needed on that team was nyx…should I use another team?

They are not apologising. The cards are released in such obscene power levels to take as much money as possible from the payers and then SG can stick it up on their… Its how they are making their profits.

1 Like

You are trolling around and your post don’t have substance. Suggesting Mono against one of the top tier heroes in the game is just plain ridiculous!

1 Like

Dude, this is a team where there is ony ONE hitter with Khufu. No reviver, no something. This team is not the usual Waterpipe-Madness you see in top 100 defenses (that is where i usually end when raiding). And you had a good board.
Try again against WP with a team surrounding him that has two or even three heavy AOE-Hitters… that is ezpz. And when you finally manage to kill him, he just revives and beats you up again. Great fun!

3 Likes

Ask and ye shall recieve

I have not found a waterpipe team, I can’t easily beat. I would post videos but I dont have a youtube account

That is true for every hero and therefore irrelevant. That means no counter hero is ever useful in your world

that is true, but there are about 20 heroes with charge mechanic out there, and all of them are more common than waterpipe. How many of those do have damage to all on an early charge? Well 3 targets would be enough in most cases anyway as some minions always die to tile before you can kill them. Not exactly sure, but I guess most of them, certainly more than 1.
No matter what level of the game you play, there will always be far more charge heroes around than waterpipes. If you meet a waterpipe in a raid, reroll what´s the big deal, I reroll far more teams than I see waterpipes in raids.
The only place where you can do nothing about, would be a war def. I agree sucks to see that, but I don´t think I have ever seen one in our wars (we are around rank 1k), if we do, well among the 20 or 30 of us we sure do have more than 6 charge heroes (even though I personally don´t).

You absolutely have to hit the waterpipe team with some random garbage? Sure go ahead and use 2 flags, I doubt you get through every war with 6 OS if you don´t encounter a waterpipe.

same as above. rather irrelevant.

watch some youtube videos and learn how it´s done.

I don´t say a nerf for waterpipe is impossible, but right now I doubt it very much. Waterpipe is very rare and she is very expensive, she´s a cash machine for SG. M&M or christmas heroes the year before (oreven the 4star tanks Ferant/Azmia) got a nerf because they were easy to get and have no money potential for SG for a full year after the portal was closed.
I find it much more likely we see another portal with waterpipe featured and in a few month SG makes a new tank that is much stronger than waterpipe. Maybe at that point they will nerf waterpipe so they can make the new tank of same power as waterpipe is now. In either case we´ll have the same discussion again, only with a different name in the topic title.

now back to the topic of waterpipe: yes she is strong, yes she is OP (should not have been released that way), yes she is the most powerful tank in the game right now. None of that is enough to nerf, because some one will always be the best (even if you nerf every single hero in the game someone will still be best) and if we talk about broken game balance we have to nerf a minimum of 20 heroes, not 1.

Have you never seen mana control heroes before? All of them do the same in one form or another. Waterpipe is neither the first nor the last of them. She is a strong one yes. Mindless attack heroes are in nearly every portal these days.

And as a positive note I can add one tip on how to deal with waterpipe on the cheap if you really feel like you have to hit waterpipe teams:
Pick up Vela from the fated summon. There is no way in the game to pick up a cheaper 5 star hero, everybody who does 100 summons in 6 month can get her for free. Vela is MADE to counter waterpipe. She is immune to waterpipe, she is fast speed, she will kill all the minions and on top of that she will lower the attack of all those high damage heroes around the pipe. stop complaining you don´t have high end counters, if the perfect solution is cheap and in front of your nose.
Do you need tiles to charge Vela? yes you do, just like you need to charge any other hero in any other team you have ever played.

If you cannot win against Waterpipe when you have a Vela, then the reason for losing is not waterpipe. It can be that the whale you are hitting has 3 Annes or that you had a crap board or whatever else, but those battles you will always lose, no matter what tank is standing around while you lose.

to sum it up: I don´t like waterpipe, but I like this constant nerfing of heroes left and right even less. It´s not the way how to deal with balance in the game. It should be a measure to be used in very extreme cases, not on a monthly update basis, every time somebody is too lazy to learn dealing with a new hero.

EDIT: Removed the nonsense part about Baldur :slight_smile:

5 Likes