⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Reuben

This thread is for discussing whether Reuben is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Reuben. For that, please see: Reuben – 5* Fire/ Red - December 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Reuben is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Reuben is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Reuben is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Reuben is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Reuben? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being like a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on her balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Reuben thread.

5 Likes

Thread closed & will open 48 hours after Reuben has been released in live game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 45 hours.

I would like to see reuben buffed for a very fast mana regeneration with ability tobdrop enemies defence

5 Likes

he is underwhelming.
low damage and average situational secondary effect.

he needs a third effect or a buff in damage or DoT reduction %.

is he usable? yes.
worth the rings? no, unless you don’t have zim, kong, lady loki, grazul, vanda or garnet then he will add value.

he is lacking in all aspects except speed and could use a buff

2 Likes

Hope they really consider a buff for Reuben.

The 50% reduction on DOT is only half as good as a cleanse as FroggyRay has mentioned and even though his attack hits three it is unlikely to be sufficient on the current diamond green tanks.

3 Likes

It’s true, Evelyn and Panther with 210 damage and 50% defense down + element health recovery is more usable,…so, make reuben to be a very fast might make him more useable

2 Likes

Add:

• target and nearby enemies take +50% damage by status ailments for two rounds

Solved :shushing_face:

6 Likes

And they have Dispel to 3 which is more important to me than Reubens second skill.

Cleanse all allies, rather than the DOT reduction, and buff damage to 240% to three. I could see swapping Zim out for him against certain teams then.

He hits like a truck so would want him to be AOE. If he’s aoe he would be so much better.

Lore wise he makes sense. The minions he produces can be his followers. Should have added in a second innate ability as well since the next two minion producing hotms actually have a second ability to ultilize their minions.

• Innate: Scapegoat- this hero is immuned to all status ailments as long as one minion it summoned is active

I also feel that sorcerer fits him way better than cleric. Well lore wise anyways.

Up his special damage % and lower the amount of turns for DoT cut. Most DoT is 2-3 turns so 4 turns for the DoT cut is excessive for most situations, except where multiple DoT overlaps or facing a 4 turn DoT hero such as Lady Locke. A little harder hitting at one less turn of DoT cut would be an improvement imo.

Few good suggestions in this topic.

Imho he should be a sniper hitting 1 for 480% - and bang, suddenly a hugely loved hero.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong would be happy for a buff , but I think a lot of people get over the top when a hero does not meet “their expectations”
Both when they say a hero is useless and when they think it’s “op”

In this case , since Reuben is a fire hero , I compare Reuben to captain kestral ans Reuben is a better jerom. Them and consiser kestral can only be found in seasonal event so all In all good balanced hero

Why do you think Reuben is better than kestrel? Kestrel hits a lot harder still to 3 (starts at 215%, up to 330%) but obviously loses the dot reduction. I’d say they are similar and you’d prefer one or the other depending on the situation (I’d prefer kestrel most of the time)

Ruben also resist mana gen and generates minion , along with the 50% reduction against dot , kestral only fires at higher if it hits hero that has high mana

I just think overall Reuben is better , does much more , higher attack stat ,and kestral will only hit harder if conditions are right

Finally got him done and ran about 15 raids in a 3/2 red/blue setup.

Overall rating a C. Hit 3 enemy damage is adequate for fast speed. 50% effect reduction is fine. My issue is the minions. No blems and the minions are 65 hp. That is garbage and basically useless.

I got a few ideas. 1st would be move to average speed but up minion health to 10% and keep the damage the same 10%. Minions are basically meatshields and the current minions do absolutely nothing. There is no point on him even having minions. You basically have to run red mono for minions to be of any use and if you fart, they are dead.

2nd would be keep everything the same but put minions on all allies, not just fire with maybe a 8% hp and 8% attack.

3rd is to make him either a +/- 400% sniper or move him to a target at 300% and minor to nearby enemies.

The more I use him to more I dislike him.

6 Likes

At best this is a very tiny benefit (65HP quoted in another post), but at worst this works in the favour of your enemy (particularly with a Skadi or Grimble present) or shoots yourself in the foot if you have better minions that it can replace

2 Likes

Hi
I did many summons for getting him and I got him, I thought he decrease damage of all status effect like in his cards but apparently he does not decrease damage of counterattack and other. So why the game ignore what players want. If it was just decrease direct damage so he is so weak please balance him to improve and not ignore this one like past hotm too.
Thanks

2 Likes