⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Raffaele

I think she’s well balanced! Shes going to be very tough especially when you get a few emblems on her. And her skill is going to be a huge Factor should be very interesting and I bet a lot of people are going to complain LOL

Looks good to me… Not underpowered, not overpowered.

Bear in mind though, as I’ve said elsewhere, my opinion is that HOTM should be slightly behind the power creep curve - the latest event and S3 heroes (which are rarer) should always be more powerful than HOTM’s…

8 Likes

This is sth I was thinking about after Telluria debacle. HoTM should not be a “must have” hero so that everyone pull till the end of time to get it (remember saturation issue), but more like interesting or special concept to play with. It’s a free bonus chance after all. And it is available for limited time only.

5 Likes

Pandering to the meta now is a very bad idea, otherwise every hero will have to be fast if they are to be good and this renders the concept of mana speed pointless. Heroes should still have slower speeds but have specials that are good enough to warrant such a speed. Faster heroes should have weaker specials as they can fire it more frequently, and slower heroes should have stronger specials to reward you for taking the time to charge them. Average speed heroes should be the middle ground.

9 Likes

Agree 100%

IMO other option:

• Resist Ailments That Affect Healing (Grazul)
  • Special Blocking – The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that Block Special (Miki)
  • Resists: Mana Generation Stopping – The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that Stop Mana Generation (Neith)
  • Resist Ailment that affect mana (like Poseidon)
  • Resists: Defense Ailments - The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that affect Defense. Doesn’t apply to status ailments that affect elemental defense. (like Malosi & Kunchen)
  • Resists Dispels - The hero has an innate ability to resist dispels of buffs – buffs on her can’t be dispelled nor stolen (by The Hatter for e.g.). Note that they can still be overwritten by opposite effects (Margaret)
19 Likes

Indeed.

Interesting concepts definitely, or useful but not essential or automatic ascension picks…

Or if they’re going to be at the forefront of the power creep then they should be much lower odds to summon… Bet that one makes me popular? :joy:

Yup, your popularity is like an ever expanding bubble. :joy:

2 Likes

I wish Raffaele been simply a 5* Kiril

Average speed
34% healing to all
+30% defense to all
+30% attack to all

no risk of being OP
It will be viable and likable
You can even give him a funny innate ability, e.g. immune to being resurrected as a Zombie. We can bear that :smiley:

My 2 cents

10 Likes

First, replace his attack debuff resist with defense debuff resist.

Second, maybe reduce enemies’ attack by 20%. That should do it. His talent provides him partial status resist so that’s good.

I certainly wouldn’t mind having one at 3/70 for rush tournaments. His HOT would make for nice support with someone like Boldtusk.

Beyond that I don’t see much application unless you’re low on 5* healers. He needs an effect that pressures the other team the way Kunchen’s def down does.

1 Like

I think this guy is pretty well balanced for a healer. He’s slow, so the sturdy shield and high health fit well. Also, he’s a healer…so he should be as survivable as possible to do his job. I think this guy is being severely underrated. He’s slow, sure…but an immediate cleanse and heal of all allies to 50% health plus over 200hp heal on top of that for FOUR turns is amazing. Tellurias HOT was nerfed to be two turns for just less than 200hp per turn. This is more per turn for double the turns! I think this guy is great and will just be an absolute terror in VF tourneys. Is Ariel better…yeah, but how many people were able to pull Ariel?

7 Likes

These are dangerous discussions and unnecessary.

A hero has been released with xyz abilities . Leave it be .
Either chase it or don’t . We all at the same level playing field if stays as is . Instead of requesting balance changes , maybe request for new heroes to be release with xyz abilities instead of requesting buffs.

The want and request or rebalancing heroes is a detriment to the game. this is why people upset with telluria rebalance , not so much the changes , but people chase or spend whatever you want based on the card at release , Once that is changed even if trivial you are hurting those that are spending and keeping game alive . constantly seeking changes to heroes and if you do get them will ■■■■ players off even more.

so again after SG do simultations , have beta testers test , you all want to change a hero.

9 Likes

Every HOTM doesn’t need to be broken. Sometimes it’s cool to pick up a wacky or different hero.

I still laugh every time Grimble goes off. He’s considered pretty weak and generally useless but his comic value is through the roof.

Since A HOTM is essentially a free bonus I don’t mind the odd few different ones. Blue, slow but very powerful HoT May be useful in certain events or tournaments. Every hero has a use for something after all.

8 Likes

I’m starting to feel the opposite for Vivica in offense. If I get a good board, she’s totally un-necessary. If it’s a bad board she’s too late.

3 Likes

I guess it depends on the situation. I’ve had all heroes at like 100HP with Vela about to hit for a OHKO and the Vivica heal saved the day. Would imagine Rafa would do the same

I pulled him this morning from the second EHT pull I did.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the mana go from slow to average to be more relevant. Slow heroes tend to go to the back of the line.

Serious question: would you rather have this guy, or Kiril+20? Me I’d take a Kiril+20 in a hearbeat.

3 Likes

Serious answer? Rafaelle hands down, Kiril is too fragile even at +20

2 Likes

I would take Kiril+20 if you gave me the emblems. Raffaele is kind of useless in the current meta.

Really, because the nice thing about the wizard class is you can take the full dep/HP route all the way down to +18, and if you did that, Kiril+18 would have 671 atk, 783 def, 1214 HP. Sure doesn’t quite match Raffaele’s stats, but I really wouldn’t call a hero with 783 def and 1214 HP “too fragile” either.

2 Likes