⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

I don’t know If this is a reason anymore, because every team I fight in diamond has “Event Heroes” from Ninjas and Valhalla. They are in every place. With this New defense configuration, a Fast Noor Will not be more creepy than current Bera and Freya with this other creepy fast guys.

1 Like

Noor is not a great threat to the balance of the game. Plus SG does not gain money by buffing her. So she is not buffed. I am sorry.

However, she is a cute one. Some like me uses her just bc of this :lollipop:

2 Likes

Wouls you please remove this epileptic generator? #($#)

1 Like

Is this what you are referring to? As you well know it is a reference to where a match goes horribly wrong and Noor is able to recover it in the end. I have shared videos of this happening a few times. At no time have I ever claimed that this is the norm. And you also know full well that this is in mid to upper diamond and not in bronze. I thought we agreed that there would be no… “skewing”… of information for the sake of presenting an argument?

Yes… single-handedly is what I was referring too. It’s a fun word! Very descriptive yeah? Is it really an adjective? Or, is it something else…
It sounds like…
something from a playbook, right?
It couldn’t be…
"skewing" anything could it?

Let’s have a look:

Please make the video of Noor solo winning. I can’t wait to watch it.
Thanks.

1 Like

Ill share it again.
And am willing to change my description to “Single-handedly turning a lost match into a win”. You are right in that in this game no one hero can win a match on their own - not even the might Skadi, with arguably the strongest special, who needs a team of heroes dedicated to her protection as well as defense down hero to support her

2 Likes

Alfrike could single-handledy win, and she’s extra slow. It’s unfair to compare a beast like Alfrike to Noor though. Apples to oranges.

6 Likes

I think you can say Alfrike can single-handedly win if she is a tank in VF format.
In offense you couldn’t say that, probably not even in VF. If nothing else your other 4 heroes are taking slash attacks which stop Alfrike from dying.
But yes for the record I think Alfrike is more powerful than Noor and one of those heroes with specials that you can build a whole team around like Skadi, and to a lesser extent Grimble and Myztero

In the last VF tourney Alfrike was my tank for every attack and this is where I got.

By the end of the day I was around 600 something and over 18k with my A defense. She and Heimdall make a fantastic pair.

Actually, I had it down to Garnett and Baldur vs 5 heroes. Wilber had cast his special before he died and those 2 were left. Baldur ended up the last one standing so there are those who could pull off a single handed win and yes, Baldur took out the last 3 on his own, one at a time

I ended up here; Alfrike tank as well, and just to stick it in everyone’s craw who faced me I put my Noor (4/80, plain jane) over on left wing.

Sparrows swarm and sing.

The fact that this thread still has traction should prove well enough that Noor indeed needs some rebalancing. Maybe once S4 has rolled out and we see how that affects the universal order of things here, maybe then SGG can add that little je ne sais quoi our girl next door needs to get the love she deserves.

It eventually happened for Atomos; don’t stop believing.

3 Likes

What are your thoughts @Petri ?

Interested to see if SG staff are as involved as we hope…

The real problem with Noor is that when Noor came into the game he was thinking of an Anti Telluria hero, then they realized that not even with Noor in the game no hero was able to face Telluria so the mutilation of the best came hero who has seen this game … Telluria dead … there is no need to make Noor more powerful. :slightly_smiling_face:

And now to improve Noor is to create an anti Frigg hero and I see that it is too early to remove Frigg from the game, so there is no improvement for Noor

I am confused by your video, all it did was validate that with Bera activating her special she completely shuts down Noor’s primary usage. In this case you wisely held Rigard’s special until Noor was able to charge then used it to clear the status effects from your team allowing minions to be spawned.

It was well played on your part, but doesn’t change the fact that Noor is a Slow minion creator who will be of no help against Bera if you can’t for whatever reason cleanse the anti-minion portion of the special because; you forgot a cleanser, went against a tougher team with a weaker team and can’t get the tiles in time, or the cleanser is somehow shutdown via mana block/disruption, silenced, etc.

Remove Rigard from the equation and Noor’s special equals zero.

5 Likes

To be fair, that’ll shut down very nearly every hero, every time.

Noor is a partial counter to Bera. Noor will almost always fire before a Bera at the wings. Noor will usulaly fire before a Bera at flank. Bera at tank will almost always fire before Noor. That leaves Noor with one minion, who will be able to take out maybe 2-3 Bera minions.

Overall, without support, it is basically a matter of whoever fires first ends up controlling the minion field (barring other specials that kill off minions). Bera first - Noor minions nullified. Noor first - Bera minions nullified.

I have always said that for Noor to be a successful Bera counter she does need to be paired with a cleanser such as C Rig. But yes she is much more effective against other minion types, and I think Skadi, Grimble, Myztero, and now Uraeus are all better counters to Bera than Noor is. Oh and add C Gormek to the list now I guess

Every time you say that I have a huge urge to fully ascend Grimble ahead of Alfrike. If I do I know I’ll regret it, and I shall most certainly blame you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hmm… I love me my grimble. He is useful in every war and particularly with VF wars (lots of Freya/Bera tanks) and minion wars (obvious reasons). However, personally I would do Alfrike over Grimble… she is absolutely OP in VF formats, OP in PVE, and a lot of fun when raiding.

*Caveat - I don’t have Alfrike, this is all supposition. Other than the number of times I have lost to a VF Alfrike tank

1 Like

Yes, it’s mainly about the VF rules, really looking forward to unleashing her. Additionally I find Grimble usable at 3.70 as long as the opposition isn’t too heavy.

This is so pertinent. I’m not sure people are understanding this subtext.