⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

Welcome!
20 carnivorous sparrows

1 Like

It is very simple to buff her and elevate her status from what she is now to a decently OP hero. She can keep her slow speed, just have her sparrows be able to dispel one buff per hit. Because having this, she is going to be the fastest dispeller in the game. Having the potential to dispel every turn is undeniably OP, even thought it’s all random hits. Her sparrows are going to make a mockery out of the common tanks like black Knight. And only one buff gets dispelled because of the frequency the sparrows could hit any target which is every turn. This is sort of the balance she gets.
And also by doing this, she is the first fire hero to be a dispeller.

2 Likes

I tried some wars and raids with Noor at the beginning but I was mit impressed at all.
She needs a buff as mention already.
There are some great suggestions in this thread and the other Noor specifically.

To be fair: homaclese and yelnats probably account for 2/3 of the posts in the thread. :rofl:

I like the new minion link but for offense only I wouldnt put any of them on def. It just a additional meat shield for raids. And out of all of them Ruben is the only fast one. I have Glenda and gave her a few emblems just to health and atk for the minons but use her for cleansing and hit 3 the most.

Good call. Give the sparrow a dup like shashat

Guilty as charged for the early times. I’d say a lot more people are sharing their experiences of her these days. I use noor in pve and war but my daily play is centered around skadi and playing rainbow or 2 1 1 1 at the moment

Noor was weak (i say useless some says niche) when released, after Frigg-BK-Odin trio, Ninjas etc now she is weaker.
She has to be buffed, additional auto summon fir nearby heroes will make her decent hero.

3 Likes

I agree. I do believe she should be average speed at most, due to the potential damage she is capable of. Freya/ Beta do not have the innate ability she has and their minions don’t straight up remove other minions, so fast speed would make her OP. Fully agree with giving her another ability at slow, give her regen or dispel/ cleanse

I disagree with the statement that she is even weaker with ninjas. Because of how high hp her sparrows are, two layers of sparrows could easily tank a 3x charge cobalt, leaving some scratches at most to her

At fast speed Noor would not even be close to OP. Perhaps if she was very fast. The reason is her minions do so little damage they aren’t a threat. All they are is a weak heal. The other minion summoners do something to hurt non-minion heroes, Noor is a one trick pony, her only use is to dispel minions. I’m very disappointed SGG hasn’t done anything yet.

I’ve stopped using her except for very rare battles. Even in a rush tournament she is average quality at best

1 Like

She has potential, but something unique to her would be cool to increase her usability, such as “Causes 28 fire damage to all enemies while possessing a minion”. That and boost her defense and/or HP, or just up her speed. She definitely needs a buff though.

I like her as and I would not complain if they buffed her, I would love to add something like " Removes all minions from enemy hero before attacking, if no minion exists then the minion will consume one buff from the target, if no buffs exist minion damage is increased by 100%"

1 Like

Has anyone seen the maximum level

She is slow speed hero, she needs 12 red tiles to give sparrows to her team mates. You are talking 2 sparrows, so simple maths tells us 2x12=24. I don’t see 24 red tiles in a month :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I used to have her in my team I would typically have her special go off 2-3 times per match (yes, I played a slow, grindy style with mainly support heroes) in matches I won. Which was most of them.

With the new Gormek costume just released, Noor continues to become a joke of a hero. Aside from stats, Gormek is a far better minion remover then Noor thanks to his special and his mana speed:

@ Average speed he Destroys all minions from all enemies, deals 180% damage to all enemies, and all allies recover 80HP for each destroyed minion…wow.

Again what is the point of Noor in her current format? Hello SGG, are you there? Hello?

5 Likes

I would say it’s a waste of a skill given to gormek. And nope Noor is still faster and is able to respond to minions way better than gormek and gobbler

Gormek costume is old Gobbler. Id take him, I think he can be useful. Noor is half about minion destruction and half about protection, and the protect part she does very well. The minion counter part she also does well, just in a different manner

The minion counter mechanisms are very different. Gormek fires once and then has to recharge. Noor gets a minion counter every time an opponent summons through special, and any minions that are alive will apply their minion counter on an ongoing basis. Once you have her up and running she applies an ongoing minion containment which is very effective

I used her in the last few legendary levels the most recent challenge event as a hail mary. I was struggling to get scores to get me to under 10K, and with her I was able to hit around 96K for the last 2 levels and take me to top 3K. I am by no means a high performer in challenge events but this is the tier I aim for and she helped get me there when a number of other heroes couldn’t. Yes her minions slow the action down, but they more than comensate for this:

• Loading up with 3 minions each for the boss stage greatly helps survivability, which I was struggling with
  • Minions help to take out corner mobs, allowing you to manipulate boards and conserve specials
  • When paired with debuffers - namely Guardian Falcon and Wilbur - and with 3 * 5 = 15 sparrows - the damage is a significant DOT on the bosses that really helps in finishing them off quicker, leaving less reliance on the boards

In summary she has a role to play in raids, depending on who you are facing. But more and more I am seeing that she truly shines in PVE, more so than almost any other hero I currently have

For the record against minion heavy teams/minion wars these days I prefer to take Skadi or Grimble as they don’t just destroy minions but they use them to secure a win

How does she help in challenges? The only thing I can think of minions helping is when you have Athena so the minions can soften up the defence a lot within one turn. But other than that, what use do they have?

1 Like