⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

Not yet. I have Baldur 4/30 and Wilber has 18 emblems. Unfortunately, my sons account has yet to pull BTs skin which would be extremely helpful.

I do think when all is said and done, it will be either Noor or Wilber who takes a seat. The 1 thing I’ve found though, when I get Atamos off with Wilber, it’s down right nasty and fun watching the other team nearly explode. That team though is around 4000k. I’ll see what happens but this account is for my son. I gave him a head start in May and it’s been kinda free to play buying a few things here and there so the roster isn’t great.

I’ve given the benefit of the doubt for Noor as I ascended her and haven’t found her very useful at except in the events.

She might work well with Baldur and I’ve already noticed Baldur is much better after the last buff but we’ll see

If Atomos buff take more than a year Noor would be the same or maybe never…

The fact is she is behind almost all the other red HotM

1 Like

sigh… sorry, I don’t like this thread…
But when I last left I mentioned Noor was fine because she is HotM.

I think I changed my mind while toying with my 4*'s

Gullinbursti also:

• Same speed
  • Receives attack boost
  • Delivers AoE damage to all enemies
  • Does not require enemy minions to be useful
  • Adds more temporary HP…! Noor has to use emblems and crit troops to surpass him, by a paltry amount. But then… he will surpass her in speed!

Looking at this 4* hero, does make me sad for this so-called hero of the month…

My experience was that the sparrow had pigeon brains and didn’t want to attack Seshat. But the potential for minion removal is a potential for damage output. I think they are fairly comparable… which really is sad!

What do you guys think? Has anyone put emblems on Gullinbursti?

@VeryQuietly do you have pics of this beast on steroids?

6 Likes

Comparing Noor and Gullinbursti is misguided approach.

Noor is a niche hero whose role is anti-minion.

Noor is anti-minion while Gullinbursti is not anti-minion.

It is like comparing Aeron and Proteus.

1 Like

They both add temporary hp. Which has been a primary talking point for Noor.

And they’re both slow.

It’s about as close a comparison as you can get!
Especially since Noor doesn’t do anything else :rofl:

3 Likes

I think I have made a comparison about max HP increase vs minion somewhere, I’ll search it in a moment…

1 Like

Here’s one from a knowledgeable dude!

3 Likes

Here it is with example.

1 Like

This is comparing heal to minions.
Heal is NOT what Gullinbursti does.

You should revisit the comparison

I was comparing Noor’s minion with Heimdall’s max HP increase. Heimdall and Gullinbursti work the same way.

Temporary HP from minion and max HP increase work in different way.

In Bloody Battle, minion can work while max HP cannot.

Against anti-minion, max HP work the same way while minion become liability.

Minion is not affected by heal reduction ailment, what about max HP? Anyone can confirm?

Hero with more than max HP do not benefit from further heal while hero with minion can still benefit from further heal.

1 Like

It was already confirmed to you. In that thread that you linked.

Bloody battle aside, (are we making the niche smaller now) boosted HP does extend past max hp. Which does function like minions. Just as @Mr.Spock described in the link I gave you.

I had to read you link a couple times. But… please correct me if I’m wrong. You kept adding a heal a turn later.

So if I understand you right. You’re saying that minions function differently because you can still heal underneath them. Whereas the boosted hp won’t allow that. Is that right?

What I mean is whether or not Heimdall max HP is affected by ailment from Rana/Perseus/sand heroes which cut heal.

Yes, this is the summary:

I notice this personally when using Gullinbursti vs Noor in Ninja Tower.

Ok. Well… taking a hp booster and a healer both on one team does seem like a bad idea. You said it… they don’t play nice together…
And Your going to limit your damage output… then upper diamond is going to sneeze and knock you back into platinum.
Any skill that steps on another skill doesn’t help round out your team

As far as the comparison of Noor and temporary HP, or protection or… meat shields as I have called them.
This has been an avid talking point for how amazing Noor is…

Now you CAN pack a healer there! But you’re going to have the same problem… your going to limit damage output… hence the loooong, drawn out videos we get to watch showing how amazing Noor is.

Obviously they are not exactly the same. But they are close enough to make a comparison.
Gullinbursti and Noor look much alike to me. Certainly much more comparable than

Anyway, I’d like to see more on this 4*.
I need to dust him off a bit and see if he doesn’t feel the same first hand.

But for now, I’m going to bed…

You have not seen my video of taking down Ursena (Hard) with 5 level 70 healers in 70 minutes… :rofl:

I usually use 2 healers in raid (I don’t actually count Noor as healer…, if Noor is categorized as healer that means I bring 3 healers in my anti-Telly team… :scream:)

Yeah… no…

I’ll put it on my to-do list tho.

And, I think of my attack squad as single unit. I have better luck packing damage over defense. I love heroes that do both! But that’s just me. So long as your having fun I guess

Seriously dawg. Good night

1 Like

Sadly my Golden Pig is low emblemed as he competes with Alby. And I use Alby on my main raiding stack (green), so he gets priority for now. Since emblems are like candy I’m hoping Pig gets his due soon.

As some who doesn’t have Noor but really wanted her… I just want to say that dang it, I still really wish I had her despite the hate. I’ve raided against a few and I don’t think she shines on defense TBH. But wow, she is strong. With a good team synergy, she would bring a lot to the table. I’d love a Noor on my red stack with Gefjon, Marjana, Tyr, and Boldy.

I’ve lost my strong minions with the shall-not-be-discussed nerfing of Telly. I would be thrilled with any 5* with strong minions for a lot of the reasons described above (bloody battle, “extra” hp with meat shields, extra damage).

2 Likes

And despite the hate, I am still enjoying my Noor! And she has proven very useful from the moment she hit 4.80.

The current thinking is Gefjon, Lady Loki, Noor, C Rig and Proteus. Probably standing Grazul down to let Gefjon in but I think the loss in protection will be offset by the added offensive capability. I have been trialling Gefjon at 3.60ish against Freya teams and Gefjon and Noor together are quite overwhelming against minion teams - not to mention such face-offs are quite fun.

As an aside, one quirk of minions vs health is the heroes who do more or less damage depending on 50% health. So a low health hero with a minion will get barely scratched by Kage and easily survive. But on the flip side Fenrir will do the big damage . So depending on the hero you are facing off against a heal or a minion may have an added factor to consider.

Personally, I think the yellow pig is damn good. Yes he is definitely worthy of giving emblems.

2 Likes

He is good. I got good use out of him in NT.
G & Noor work well together in harder levels you want to autofarm. Or really any overhealer and any decent summoner

1 Like

Some thoughts on Noor vs. Noor.

I recently came up against a team which used her on defense so I brought my Noor too to see what it would be like.

1. The first Noor that fully fires the special will give that team a greater advantage (like duh) since the opposing Noor will have her minion destroyed pretty quick when she generates one for herself.

2. This one is NOT DEFINITIVE. It appeared when I fired my Noor, the other Noor’s minion auto generated which then cause mined to create another in response. I’m not 100% sure as I was only casually pay attention but I will validate the next time I face a team with Noor on defense. If this IS the case, then that’s even better!