⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

She is definitely ill suited for defense that’s for sure.

1 Like

So I’ve broken down what I think the contributions are in my team before and it goes something like
Lady loki 30
Proteus 20
Grazul 20
C rig 15
Noor 15

In some battles for exampleagainst freya that goes up to 30. If she is instrumental in any win she will not have had the sole contribution though and that’s the case with any of my heroes. They need each other to survive and to win

I’ve never said she Carried the team or is the best hero, quite the contrary. She supports all the other heroes to do their thing. I’ve also said lady loki is my favourite hero

Just yesterday I posted a losing raid against freya tank where i tried to hammer her instead of being more strategic and the fast beefy minions helped to beat me. Along with Santa and neith. Very few battles are won because of a single hero.

I do post mainlywi wins because I’m trying to show that noor is being effective for me. I do lose some but the vast majority are wins.

It is a deceptively strong team and I put it together specifically to target gtv. I tried a few other heroes in noors place and they weren’t as effective and I wont be showing videos of that. However I dont mind showing her in a different 3/2 combo

Oh - and in my response I even said that in offence Bera and Freya would probablly be better than Noor, and that I would love to have them, particularly as I could get then to join forces.

1 Like

I’ve faced Noor about 10-12 times. I’ve only seen her special skill Fire once in those battles. I save her for last hero to die because she is weak, slow, and has nothing about her that would concern me as I attack.

She is in fact the most useless hotm ever produced.

Buff wise, she needs to be average mana. I’d also suggest that whatever enemy her minions hit receive -54% defense against fire for 2-3 turns. Leave the rest on her alone. THEN Noor would actually be useful.

4 Likes

I agree with you regarding facing her on defence. She shouldn’t be on anyone’s defence bar rush tournies, and possibly bloody battle.

Defence is only one aspect of a hero however. There are plenty of heroes that don’t work on defence that do work on offence.

She works decently as-is, particularly against opponents with Bera or Freya or Seshat. Gives a small bonus against Tel defences. Works well as a support hero in some team configs. Works great in PVE. Making her average mana would probably make a bit overpowered, and the fire defence down is way over the top. Tweaking her minion’s abilities would help her out, for example being able to select who the auto minion goes on, or more intelligent targeting prioritising enemies with minions, or even some sort of steal minion ability.

This is completely exaggerated and whilst it is subjective I would still say that is incorrect. I can name a few more, but Thoth-Amun for sure has less value on a team - and I am just talking about raids. PVE - map stages, events, ninja tower - Noor shines there, and by that fact alone you cannot call her useless

1 Like

The WORST hotm ever created in case that was missed

2 Likes

What level is your Noor at?

I have tried C BT in place of Noor and he didn’t work as well. The heal would not always be 100% effective as it would take heroes to max 100% HP - in general I think strong minions and max HP increase skils are more versatile as they can always stack. The attack boost is much more helpful to a heavy hitting team rather than a support-heavy team.

I like the second one the most from that list. I think it aligns most closely with her intended purpose. Another one that I personally would love to see implemented is the ability to choose who gets the self minion

1 Like

Who would have thought defending Noor would be a full time job. Glad you found your life calling @Homaclese. Keep up the good fight!

3 Likes

Haha… luckily I am in lockdown. And I haven’t summoned any 5* hero in months, so I don’t have much better to do!

It is actually ironic as Noor is a few heroes away from being my favourite in the game

2 Likes

@moderators maybe consider giving the man a “Champion of Noor” title? :grin: @Homaclese certainly deserves it.

I mean, when you think Noor which forum poster immediately comes to mind?

2 Likes

Hah… happy to alternatively take on “Champion of Lost Causes”

1 Like

@yelnats_24 would be the other player I would consider a “Champion of Noor” :slightly_smiling_face:

His love is more conditional than mine…

2 Likes

Champion of buff? If you count how many times each users have suggested Noor need a buff or liked posts suggesting to buff Noor, I might come out on top of that list.

I use Noor each time I face Telly tank while at the same time I believe Noor deserve to be buffed. :crazy_face:

I’ve started seeking out defences that have Freya for a bit of fun. Noor on offence makes Freya almost irrelevant on defence. The single sparrow auto summon starts to make more and more sense.

Bera eludes me for the most part.

mt .02 cents, make Noor the same mana speed as Telluria. Whatever that is. She’s not useless, but the slow vs average mana ain’t cutting it. You devs created her as a foil to Telluria anyway, so match their speeds. I’d love to see Tel dropped to slow mana, but I’d be satisfied with matching speeds.

Make her +250 HP heal.
And cleanse.

Then I’m happy. Or just +250 HP heal then at least she is a bit much better. In average maybe…

3 Likes

Noor is OP:

When she get the 20-25% mana regeneration bonus in Ninja Tower.

2 Likes

OOh, traitor…! :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Homaclese

Figured I’d reply here to keep it proper thread.

"I am curious have you gotten value out of Noor after ascending her? "

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: I have a lot of support reds with only Elena and C. Azlar to do any damage when stacking against Green Tanks. I’ve tried Natalya, JF, and Zim for a 3-1-1 stack but found, especially Elena, that they would die too early for my liking and never firing their special or only firing once.

Noor’s beefy minions have helped them to stay alive much longer, with C. Azlar only dying about 1 every 5 raids now. Reason: They stay alive now for my slow healer to recover them.

Also, Noor with LotL is an awesome combo. Noor first for beefy minions, then along comes the sword minions, hanging around longer to cut enemies mana down. This works so well in late stages of raids.

2 Likes