⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

This. I have a feeling that a year or so from now, she’ll get a tweak that will make her pretty good, like Atomos. I’m not trying for her, but I’d love to get her from coins. I’d just keep her at 1/1 until something changes. I don’t think that it would take a lot to make her a useful niche hero for endgame players.

1 Like

He’s a decent tank. That’s about it I think. You will very rarely see him in a Red stack due to Wilbur, as you pointed out, and also because of his speed.

Thing is, it’s hard to get Santa as he’s an event hero that only shows up once a year. Noor is the most accessible hero this month so people had high hopes she would be great or at least conventionally good.

1 Like

I think that Sg dont know how to plan the game , first you have this #nospend issue players are holding back and dont want to spend and Sg is helping them by 3 worst HOTM ever that no one is planing to spend a dime to get them (raffa , noor ,and the August hotm ) . Is that a good planing !!! For us yes 3 month of nospinding… thumbs up for your great planing

5 Likes

Zimkitha also.

But generally, spot on post :+1:

2 Likes

Actually, I think they’ve learned their lesson.

Too many overpowered HOTM’s clogging up meta because they’re powerful and because they’re relatively easy to pull.

So instead of making something broken, that will take over the game, they’re making heroes which are solid but no so good that they’ll be absolutely everywhere with very little variety… To the point that they’d then have to nerf them, with some people then getting overly upset about.

These HOTM’s are at a sensible level of power for where the game is - they’ll be useful enough to help out players without rarer options, or who want niche functions, but not so powerful that players would ascend them over less common and already powerful heroes.

5 Likes

Each minion has 25% heal for all allies? If she gets 3 minions, doesn’t that mean 25% heal for each minion to all allies = 75% heal. Or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Keep her slow but make all the minions replicating like Seshat’s. Interesting defense-oriented hero then.

7 Likes

im still confused why she summons sparrow minions. I mean what do sparrows have to do with fire. is there some mythlogy I am unaware of? A mockingjay would make sense since the book title is catching fire, but copyrights and all. Dragon minions make sense, since it is a common association that dragons breath fire. kindling minions, ash minions, flame minions, i mean there were better choices for fire minions than sparrows

2 Likes

I think she actually has a really valuable place in red green red team. For example if you have gravemaker and telluriA, pulling her would actually be quite nice. If they bring red the gm and her would both survive then she and gm share elemental links. +30% Def against Special skills on gm is strong!

Additionally you have to think of her with 20 emblems and Tripp’s guys. A 25% health minion with all of those bonuses is huge Minion, and that 25% attack is nothing to ignore either.

Plus it doesn’t destroy 1 minion, it destroys all minions.

If your opponent has any minion creators at all, she can really add quite a bit of value. The other thing to consider is by having her on your team who does that prevent your opponent from bringing when they attack your team? In a meta that is giving us more and more minion creators I don’t think we will really see just how strong she is until further down the road.

I think she need buff,… and I’m okay if her skill does not do damage.
At least make her Avarage and Cleanse all allies… pretty please… :tophat:

9 Likes

No. But her minions have 25% hp themselves. So by adding one minion, you are effectively “healing” your allies by 25%. Yes, in the end 75% max but she needs to fire 3 times for that

I also pulled her today, (with my 3rd Ariel from Atlantis). For now she’s at best a very situation-specific hero I think, and the slow mana is kind of a deal-breaker. But on the other hand, the meta seems to be shifting to minion-centric gameplay mechanics, and then she could prove to be a nice hero, especially with her minion-killing ability. Also her minions are one of the most strong yet. So let’s see how that plays out in the near future. I’ll hold on to my rings for now though…

3 Likes

People are forgetting that Minions actually act as a pseudo heal. But yeah 25% heal for a slow mana character is just not worth the hassle. To me it’s because she just technically has one skill. And one niche skill at best for a slow character is really unacceptable. The minions need to do something else ground breaking to be worth even a look

8 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cooler if her sparrow’s attacks could be targeted. And they all have the ranger skill that pierce through defences. She and her sparrows can act as an indirect sniper and it justifies that slow mana

I don’t know I pulled her/him as my first hero of the month and I’m quite disappointed… Freya is fast and give whole team defense up what about making Noor at least average if not fast and giving the whole team the residence just like Grazul? Would make her a little bit more useful these days :slight_smile:

Like generate automatically when enemies spawn minions… Without having to be spawned by casting the special skill?

Sounds pretty groundbreaking to me.

Yes, she’s a slow hero and no you wouldn’t take her everywhere - when you see minion casters on the opposing team, though? Yep, I’d take her.

No question I’m going to max this one… But at the same time, I have a deep enough bench (20 maxed 5* and #21 on the way) to ascend a niche hero or two even if I’m not going to use them all the time.

2 Likes

Freya is also much, much harder to pull - she damned well should be a better hero.

And Freya can only put up a minion when mana is filled, Noor automatically generates one whenever an enemy casts a minion generating special skill.

Noor being fast with this special would be OP in minion fights even now - let alone when more minion heroes find their way into the game.

A lot of hate gets directed at slows… If you can learn how to use them, they can be very effective (hint: it’s all about the team build!).
Unfortunately, the season one slows are a bit too far behind the power creep without costumes and they really struggle - season 3 slow heroes and other especially beefy slow heroes (like Heimdall, Mother North or even vslow Alfrike, for examples) can hold their own.

Noor is definitely a situational hero, not necessarily advisable for shallow benches… But useful to have later on.

3 Likes

I’m not talking about her innate ability, that skill is the one saving grace she has. It’s her sparrows that needs more than just having the skill of minion destruction to be of some use outside of minion dependant Def teams. Outside of minion teams she can’t really do anything, just a slow speed healer which any healer could outperform her, even hawkmoon

2 Likes

It’s silly comments like this that ruin any pretence of serious discussion.

It’s simply ridiculous to claim that Hawkmoon would outperform ANY 5* hero… Noor has basically double the stats - there’s no way Hawkmoon is ever surviving to fire in a 5* scenario, period.

And no-one has ever claimed that this isn’t a niche hero - it’s a minion counter, you’d expect it to be.

If you took it to battles that it’s not relevant in, I’d fully expect it to be underwhelming… Just as Malosi and Grazul are massively underwhelming against heroes that don’t cast status effects, or Grimble is poor outside minion fights, etc

The question is whether it’s a good minion counter? I think so.

4 Likes

Yeah… Statistically you are very right for some people it is much harder to pull season 3 hero but not for me I had the the same problem just like one of the moderators here I just could not get HOTM for a very long time no matter how many pulls I did… So it finally happened and she su**s :smiley: So here I go with my point of view making her at least average without the residence woul be still awesome! And would make her better minion counter :wink: