⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

tl;dr sorry and it’s ok :wink:

Offense Considerations:

Suppose we break different facets of defense down into categories:

• Sniper (damage)
  • Utility (heal, def boost, minions, etc.)
  • Tank
  • Element

I assume when you look at a defense you think about those things and then mold your attack squad.

So now let’s break down some attack considerations

• Tank nah… the ai doesn’t focus damage on your center. There is no tank on attack.
  • Tile damage / color stacking
  • Sniper
  • Utility

So… if you see Bera or Noor on defense. Your attack squad decision is more simpler, right?

Forming attack squads is the fun part for me. I love molding attack squads, and I love utility!
I relied heavily on mono when my roster was learning to crawl. I had to replace lack of options with tile damage!

Now that I have over 30 max’d 5*. The accompanying skill selection is fun to piece together in various combinations of 3-2, 2-2-1, even rainbow to maximize my troops.

There’s no wrong way! It’s all preference!
But…regarding utility…my war flags tend to prioritize:

1. Damage (boost, snipers etc)
  2. Dispel
  3. Cleanse
  4. Heal
  5. Defense (boost, taunt, etc)
  6. Minions

All depending on the defensive facets
of my opponent

• Defense Considerations:

I found @Razor’s Minion Madness:
[MINION MADNESS IS HERE! Are you Ready for it?]
Very compelling!

And I chose minions for my defense. I figured with the stat boost it would preform well, and it has not disappointed me.

Resulting Experience:

This direction left me with blemmed summoners to play with on offense:

I found putting Margaret between QoH and LotL to bear fruit in upper diamond
But…
I also found that minions tended to drag matches out. There is a Passive Element to summoners which wound up giving precedence for the first 5 things I now look for when crafting assault squads.

Plus…the defense stat boost didn’t seem to mean much in lower diamond, however… in upper diamond there is a high concentration of level 30 mana troops on fast heroes. Which made my minions seem to be crafted of paper. While their minions… had some extra pepper in their sauce!

I found minions much less effective on offense!
So now they are last in my consideration for attack and wouldn’t be there at all, if it weren’t for how I chose my defense.

I chose it, specifically for mana control. Guinevere is still valid in my book, for punishing bad boards. And Great Boards Too! Therefore…
Slow Noor doesn’t scare me. And I haven’t noticed any down tick for my defense.

But Bera… yikes…
Thanks a lot @Razor :rofl: I got 2 months of emblems to move, maybe lol.

I’m keeping an eye on my defense win/loss ratio and taking it easy for a couple months. I’ll let you guys know if I start getting thrashed in defense. I imagine my holy tank and accompanying flanks will excite every Bera owner who crosses my path.

But I wouldn’t consider Bera OP.
Still… all summoners have that passive element!
And a specific niche…!

With Noor being the most passive of the bunch.
Combined passive and slow speed, has never made her attractive in my book. She has a use, certainly.
And when weighed with other uses. I feel she needs a little more pepper…

What if instead of kill minions, the sparrows steal them and land them on the shoulder
of a random ally?

4 Likes