⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Noor

What are you even talking about? Where did you get 1200 number?

As I calculated in that post, damage without 30% special defense buff from elemental link would be around 1127.

Actual damage was 233+54+56+448 = 791.

That is 1127-791 = 336 difference made by special defense buff

I wasn’t even taking account the 1 sparrow minion’s HP because I am not counting health difference Noor bring for Grazul. I was responding to @tyranocus about would Grazul survive without the sparrow minion and 30% special defense buff.

If you want to know the health difference, it is simple, just substract the actual HP left by the hypothetical HP left that I counted in that post:

823-72 = 751 HP difference

336 is from reduction caused by 30% special defense buff.
415 is from minion.

I stand corrected.

Yes, 4600+ TP teams. Mixed with cups.

My team is similar to Homaclese’s team, but I don’t have the great heroes he has. And yeah it’s defensive, attrition based. And I don’t believe in 3-2, I prefer 3-1-1.

The reason she doesn’t work with arrows is because her main role is controlling minions, NOT healing. If her innate ability produces only 1 minion and if it gets wiped out by arrows, she’s not doing that. And because she’s so slow, she doesn’t get to fire often in a tight game, and having the sparrows wiped out immediately doesn’t help. Basically a 25% slow heal isn’t enough during arrows. And in non-arrows, she’s OK when hand picking opponents. In no way does she ever “dominate” though, not even close, she is merely OK, and I would definitely replace her with other good anti-tell heroes if I could.

Which heroes is different?

My team is bad at dealing damage so I hate healing aid because it heal the damage that my team dealt which is small already.

My team is good at stalling/prolonging the battle. However, in attack up it is a disadvantage because the buff stack and undispellable which means it get stronger the longer the battle is.

NB: it is Mitsuko, Noor, Proteus, Rigard, C.Boldtusk.

Arrow attack deal 25% of remaining HP as damage against all heroes isn’t? Which means 1 minion in Noor is guaranteed to die but in other heroes, it can survive if the hero have less max HP than Noor. (That is if they still at max HP, it won’t kill the minion if the remaining HP is less than max)

Arrow attack bar also filled by puzzle, they fire faster if we ghost tile. But when we able to ghost tile, it usually mean Telly, the minion maker have die.

In general because of the opponent buffs I am too scared to go non-mono in wars, and particularly with a defensive team such as I have set up with Noor. Mono generally lets you bust through the buffs, but the flip side is (at least for me) that you rarely get 6 wins out of it as you can’t mitigate bad boards. Generally I walk away with 4-5 wins, with 3 and 6 as the outliers.

Eventually I will work on creating 3-2 teams that I think can work well in wars but there will be a lot of planning and trial and error involved in switching over to that strategy

1 Like

Hate to correct you but I asked my amigo to give me the #s on this. It would be the total x 1.30 of the total damage which means it made a difference of about 258 total health in a match that was already over by the time she went off to tell us how great she is, go for it. I love most of what you write out here my friend but trying to make everyone think she is better in any situation than gravemaker is about as wrong as you can get

I also didn’t see those sparrows taking out the minions either

Hate to correct you but it is 1.3^1.35 = 1.425

Not merely 1.3

I stand corrected with this.

I don’t know why you put this on my mouth. I NEVER said she is better than Gravemaker in any situation.

I even said it over and over that I won’t use Noor against non-Telly/LotL tank. I have also said so many times that Noor’s use is too niche and need buff.

I even estimate that Grazul will survive with 72 HP without Noor’s minion and buff. I am merely helping out with calculation. I don’t even care about match being already over or her minions kill other minion in that video. Do I talk about Noor being a star in that video? NO!

I only help to solve the discussion about whether Grazul will or will not survive without the minion and buff from Noor. The answer is Grazul will survive.

2 Likes

Lmk when you ready to go 3-2.
Pretty much all I’ve ever used.

1 Like

True @jkdevore @yelnats_24 has said throughout that she should be buffed and has voted accordingly. He does use her and gets good results and I believe he so said in his current team he wouldnt swap out noor for GM, which makes complete sense as the playstyles are contradictory.

I’m one of the few people who think she is balanced as is (although would not say no to a buff) and I wouldnt replace her in current team. If I had gm I’d put him into another team that is more about damage dealing but that would be my second team.

She is solid in almost every match I have and turns it around in a few. There are also some which are foregone conclusions one way or another without her contributions. The video was only showcasing the toughness of her minions combined with her special defense up and the synergy with lady loki and grazul

On the topic of niche use though I would say in todays landscape for any high level player any hero that does not make part of your regular anti green tank team is niche - which is all blues and most other heroes. Using a hero twice a week in wars or every now and then for trials to me constitutes niche. So to that end noor is not niche to me or anyone who uses her regularly. If the era of tel ends then it will be a different story and the niceness of all heroes will be flipped around. The concept of nicheness in this game is very much transient

3 Likes

What made the difference was the -34% by Lady Loki which is consistent all the way through

My amigo, who teaches math basically stated your #s are slightly off because each attack needs to be calculated for individually so you’re off by

You’re basically stated that pseudo healing is what saved Grazul and in all honesty, it didn’t make a difference. lady Loki is was the table turner. By the time Noor went off, GM is already dead in 2 turns without being hit and the other team is already all below half health on all the hero’s besides Ursana.

Would Grazul survived had there been a different hero there instead of Noor. Yes and more than likely GM, and Joon would have already been dead with any slow 5* hero and not gone off

Mono team against specific teams she is a niche but overall, she is pretty much easy to sub for in any scenario

I am not taking account non-Noor effect becauae the purpose of the calculation is only to investigate whether Noor save Grazul or not.

You mean like this?
233 × 1.425 = 332.025 rounded down into 332
54 × 1.425 = 76.95 rounded down into 76
56 × 1.425 = 79.8 rounded down into 79
448 × 1.425 = 638.4 rounded down into 638

332+76+79+638 = 1125

Wasn’t that 2 point difference, not 3?

Anyway, I see you are here only to troll. I don’t care with 2 point difference on 1127 vs 1125 caused by the rounding down during counting.

I could have use more detailed calculation but it will only make it harder to read. That is why for simplicity sake I don’t count in detailed manner in the previous posts.

1 Like

Don’t twisted my word. I said Grazul will survive without Noor’s buff or minions, that means Grazul is not saved by Noor.

Didn’t I say Grazul will survive with 72 HP left? Cannot you read???

I’m a f2p who gets into top 100 all the time. Can I brag about that or is my opinion still invalid to the Noor worshippers? :joy:

1 Like

Being able to get into top 100 have nothing to do with this.

I never thought this thread would get 800+ comments. The obvious thing would have been: Everybody agrees that Noor needs a buff, discusses how to improve her, then move on.

I do agree that she’s a fun hero to play, plus she’s hella cute but, defending Noor to the death and saying she’s the best HOTM could actually hurt her chances to get a buff in the future, don’t you think the same, guys?

Buff Noor please, game devs. She deserves it.

8 Likes

What I don’t understand is: I did a calculation that show Noor did not save Grazul, but because of that, @jkdevore framed me as defending Noor.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

2 Likes

Nobody here says Noor does not need Buff.

The difference is that some one Just use, trash, uselles, worst HoM, and think SG is Reading ALL posts…

Others, explain that She needs a buff because the minion strategy is fine, but one minion is not enough many times. She would be better If the Minions attacks first the owners of Minions and not random. Average speed is better for her usage in offense than slow at current status, a d others balance ideas (SG will not read anyway)

But we know SG doesn’t care about Heroes that does not in summons anymore, because they want to improve the players purchasing on Valhalla, Customs and Events.

SG know, imo, that ALL last HoM are bellow than the average Valhalla, Customs, and Events Heroes. Because strong HoM does not bring diversity, they are easier to get and ia easier to control it with this strategy.

Some players has luck or just pay to have better Heroes. Others, need to use what they got…

For players that need to use Noor in their fights, because they doesn’t has better options, some players here Just show some ideas. They never say She is amazing, but they showed smart ways to turn her usefull…

I think a Hero can be graded as C, should be buffed by SG but can be used while SG doesn’t take Care about.

4 Likes

How about raising her base attack a little?

I actually don’t think there is one person here who has defended her to the death nor said she is the best HOTM. Now granted I did start the Noor is OP thread but that was considerably tongue-in-cheek, I don’t actually believe she is OP.

I do speak of my usage of her and the results I have had specifically for anyone out there who has her and would potentially benefit from also using her. I don’t believe they should be subjected to only one perspective of her, particularly when that persepective is (mostly) from people who have not levelled her or used her and are basing their opinions on reading the card, reading the opinions of others, or facing her on defense.

I am one of the few people who think she is pretty well balanced and is entirely usable and valuable as-is, even if she never gets a buff in the future. I would of course accept one of the buffs discussed previously on the thread if it does end up going that way. I think there have been some great suggestions from minor tweaks such as improved targetting to implementing some sort of workaround to the tel and vel immunities to being able to do some sort of steal of enemy minions. Even something like a Grazul-like mini heal would work. I think doing the auto minions to self + nearby or making her average or giving minions a cleanse or similar abilityrun the risk of actually making her OP.

3 Likes

I, for one, am happy to see the possibilities Noor has. Yes, Noor needs a buff, but she can be used successfully, and that’s important to know. :slightly_smiling_face:

One thought I had that wouldn’t break the balance is if Noor’s innate minion was a bit unique in that it had some weaker version of a taunt that for example made all snipers target her. This alpha minion could also be slightly tougher, maybe 35% hp.
I know that currently whenever Noor’s innate minion sucks up a snipe (20% chance) it relieves the pressure on the team as a whole

1 Like