⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Miriam & Midnight

Team Korea is one of the top alliance, they will still kick your alliance’s with or without M&M lol

7 Likes

I really dislike people asking for nerf just because they can’t or don’t have. In the posts where they show teams tournaments and alliance war using M&M miss big time that there are more Alucards over all. is she really the problem? In my alliance I see teams that have her and those teams get one flagged most of the times.

2 Likes

50.000 Euro Grave Minimum

They paid to get luxury items, so they deserve to enjoy the best

2 Likes

I just responded to @u2371’s question about a top alliance that fielded a full M&M war defence and how they fared. Team Korea is indeed a very strong alliance.

Have you already faced them, @Deafknight? :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, but not recently and I think they were using Xeno tanks… and we got our a$$ kicked by these rich Koreans lol

1 Like

I kind of feel like if the reponses to a hero are

“just go mono against it”

or

“just use this one particular hero”

then there’s a problem.

—Yes, I know there is more than one anti-minion hero, but arguably there aren’t THAT many efficient 5* anti-minion wipers, and Alucard definitely leads the pack. I’m not sure that “M&M is balanced against Alucard” is anywhere near the same as “M&M is balanced.”

And while 4* minionbusters exist, you’re generally weakening your attack against an often top-tier defense to bring, e.g. cGormek or Cap Diamonds.

And and wiping out M&M’s minions doesn’t even fully counter M&M….

3 Likes

She’s dominating the top already and doesn’t have a lot (If any) downsides. If she fires you’ve usually lost. There’s not a huge amount you can do because the flanks then destroy you. She’s like old C.Krampus on steroids.

So let’s be realistic about the harsh reality. Getting defensive about it isn’t going to stop the nerf coming. We all know it’s coming let’s be absolutely honest. And if you don’t know then you are either wilfully ignoring the obvious or just plain stupid.

No tank has been allowed to dominate and there’s a year to go before the portal comes around again…you can’t expect SGG to allow her to become the tank of choice for that long.

Family bonus for 3 will definitely be decreasing…I’m firing Alucard in 5 tiles…it’s daft.

M&M needs either weaker Cats or a less aggressive heal. Then she’s reasonable.

5 Likes

If the only tactic someone can come up with against any particular tank hero is “go mono and hope they don’t get their special off before you kill them”, then that hero is probably a good candidate for a robust discussion about nerfing.

If you are a mono player then fine, but playing mono needs to include a level of resilience in your team that means it doesn’t just come down to having three matches on the opening board for you to win.

Otherwise it is more of a Hail Mary than a strategy

3 Likes

And yes, there are other approaches that have some success against M&M - just making the point that saying no hero is OP because mono is not a very convincing argument

Unfortunately I did not get Miriam & Midnight. Of course, I wish I did. Although a very strong and desirable hero, should be left alone. All heroes and defenses can be beaten, that’s my fun. Truth is, if your roster is deep enough? You can find answers for any problem hero or team.

2 Likes

I think M&M is the best hero from the portal, and I do think she is OP. But I don’t think that you need the best anti minion heroes. Here are 3/4 (consecutive) raids won against her with a rainbow team and C Gormek as the anti minion hero. 2 of the raids were her in flank, so not the ideal position for her. But also not the “best” team facing off against her either

And here 2 more friendlies vs 2 different defenses in my alliance with her as tank

2 Likes

As soon they announce a new Ice overpowered hero that fits tank position, they will nerg her and her kittens. We’ve seen this crap before. Remember Xnolphod? Oh well, nerf hammer has hit him because they had to sell other tanks, not for balance. An old tank dominating is a problem. Same will happen to her soon.

There’s even the possibility of vampires family bonus being nerfed, making less powerful heroes like Frank, Valeria, Victor (no costume) and Vanda even worse. Making an entire set of heroes less good only because ONE had to be overpowered. We’ve seen that before when they crazily nerfed entire Magic family only because Milena was overpowered, but didnt changed her still itself… lmao…

Alucard also didnt needed almost 10 different skills in a very fast special with huge hit 3 damage (that bypasses defensive buffs!!!) BUT they always have to get crazy and try their best to ruin the game even further.

In other hand, I’m not sure she’ll get a nerf. Her portal will only show up in 1 year. Until there we’ll have +183881 new heroes, some of them probably will be very fast heroes dealing 800% damage to all with 0,01% change of pulling in a 600gems/pull portal.

6 Likes

You have to kill M&M with tile damage, not hero special skills.

Tile damage is one way not the only way. I have found that M&M teams can be killed with rainbow teams, as long as the team you take has good synergy (and has at least one dedicated minion counter)

Yeah I saw your videos. Use a rainbow team of none paywall heroes. Also, to simulate the war experience, use a different team every time you attack. Only one hero usage and if you fail, you can’t use that hero again.

Firstly, why? If you are facing M&M you are likely facing a few paywalled heroes. Why should you only use non paywalled heroes? Anyone stacking tiles against her is likely to be using one or more paywalled heroes too.

Secondly, how many paywalled heroes did I have? I had a 4* costume in Gormek. I had 2 heroes that could be gotten in soul exchange - Lord Loki and Zuri. Arco and Rayne are paywalled but I could swap them out for a slightly less effective support and attacking hero and have almost the same success.

Thirdly - I am not trying to solve the issue that top 10 alliances have - those guys will have enough counters anyway. Most of us would never need to face multiple M&Ms in any war.

4 Likes

Disagree - the most reliable method I have found is to feed M&M with tiles until topaz gets to her second charge, and before I have charged both of the flanks. It is only 9 tiles to get there, but it doesn’t require the tiles before M&M uses her special. Once topaz then fires the mana gain can charge others specials, and that is what disables/defeats the def. obviously you can use grimble or alucard in a similar fashion. Since it is the mana gain you are looking for it actually needs M&M to fire once or twice before you use your special.

Ideally you want tanky enough heroes that they can take the special from one of the flanks and still be ok, which is realistic in most cases

1 Like

It is a nice approach - interesting if it holds up when you have two morlovia heroes on the wings though. I would have thought the mana gains with alucard or Francine on the wings would make it to hard to keep up

1 Like

whenever a new combination hero shows up, players complain.

telluria was heal, minions and mana slow.

guinevere was heal, d defense up and mana reduction.

m&m is heal, minions, overheal, attack boost

today we have more options than ever before.

last war i attacked 6 M&M tanks and won 5 with different ideas from fast damage, minion removal and 3 greens.

gormek costume is one of the best counters with his superior talent/tile damage dispelling everything

expand your options everyone, if you don’t have good combinations at all, then better skip her.

you can’t realistically expect to win every time with whatever team you like against everything.

8 Likes