⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Khufu

Think you should probably try different team compositions against this particular team

1 Like

Well, you could note that strawberries are the only fruit with the seeds on the outside. And yet they are not actually True Berries! Grapes are. Even eggplants are. But not strawberries! This is likely why famous professional quarterback Tom Brady has never eaten one. Or perhaps it’s because he’s just a goofball! These things are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

You could say that Croatia has qualified for more World Cup semi-finals in the past 24 years than Italy, Argentina, England, or Spain. And it has a population smaller than the U.S. state of Kentucky! Which has never even qualified for the World Cup!

You could note that between Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell and Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, there are a total of zero chins.

You could point out that in the entire history of the National Hockey League, no American has ever correctly identified whether a ice-clearing pass was actually “icing” or not. They will, however, opine quite strenuously about the definition of “roughing the passer,” whether a soccer player was actually “offsides,” and will spend quite a bit of time describing the ways in which your automobile parking technique can be improved. (They are unlikely to know why “Ziggy” is still run daily in hundreds of newspapers. Below a certain age, they are unlikely to know why there are “newspapers.”)

Don’t sell yourself short! There are many things to say!

3 Likes

These are my best heroes.

But this don’t mean they are the best heros in your roster for THIS battle.

Nah, you lost because you brought rainbow!

No he don’t lost because of the rainbow, in raid all of me attacks it’s with rainbow, no matter if it against M&N or Jove or Anne or whatever you name, and my win rate it’s 85-90%.

1 Like

Some times it’s not about putting together a team of your strongest heroes. Heroes works best with synergy. Putting a team together that compliments each other is more important than just bringing 5 of your strongest heroes that does not work well with each other.

2 Likes

This is off topic. The screenshot shows insane amount of damage from one special. It has nothing to do it was a good offense or not. This is just a deflection technique to turn attention away from the fact that Khufu is not balanced at all. It doesn’t matter if he can be beaten, nor if there are counters. The point is simply his special is way out of scale compared to almost all other slow heroes.

2 Likes

You’re right, his damage is more in line with the new fast heroes.

4 Likes

Boril, Cyprian, Mack. 4 star heroes with very high success rate against a khufu defense. Because almost everyone has boril and cyprian, I don’t use khufu on defense.

I’m stunned that this is even a topic of discussion. He is the perfect balance between risk and reward. Not hard to kill or block cuz he’s pretty slow, but if you don’t kill or find a way to stop him, you’re going to pay for it.

5 Likes

I could’ve brought a costume magni or isarnia maybe if that’s what you want. But you’re missing the point: I just wanted to post a picture of how much damage he does. If my team composition bothers you then that’s fine but it doesn’t change how hard he hits.

1 Like

I am not missing absolutely nothing, first from all I have him but I don’t like him because of his slow speed, because he give his EDD only to one, because of his chain, I don’t use him in raid attacks, war attacks, raid or war defense exactly because of this. So what he have it’s only his damage and you will see this damage if you give him to fire, look on your own picture why you didn’t stop him with Ruby, she was in second charge.

4 Likes

Are we still complaining about Khufu?
For God’s sake guys.
He was a beast when he was pared with Xenopold. Now he is just mediocre.
Yes he hits hard but still there is a lot of time to take him down now that he doesnt get this extra mana.
There are at least 20 heroes who are OP and they monopolize the game. You see the same defenses
Bastet .C-Panther, Rhys, Ogima , Anne, The old lady with the Cat. You dont even see rainbow teams anymore.
I wonder if SG is gonna nerf them as they did to poor Xeno.

4 Likes

Because I cascaded reds and got two charges and it caused Khufu and Skadi to wipe my team?

His high damage makes him usable at his speed; if not for his high damage he probably would be a hero no one uses or care for. For Khufu to be able to fire and wipe your team(s) out; it’s mostly due bad boards, there are other heroes around him that protected him and allow him to slowly charge his special, your team isn’t powerful enough to kill him or the heroes around him, or you purposely want to set him off. In any of the scenarios I mentioned; Khufu is not the problem. If you want to compare him with other slow hit all heroes; Khufu is amazing but that doesn’t make him OP or anything near OP; it just makes him one of the best slow heroes in the game. In certain aspect of the game such as “very fast war or very fast tournament” he would be a popular defense hero but in those type of scenarios it really depends on your boards. This is just my personal opinion and experience regarding Khufu and honestly, there are so many other average speed and fast heroes that are more annoying to deal with and they are more commonly seen in all pvp aspects of the game.

4 Likes

Classic response for a “my hero is so OP but please keep him that way”.

With several OP heroes, Khufu can easily fire as you need to target multiple high threats these days. OP specials should be brought back under control, Khufu included

2 Likes

I definitely want Khufu to be nerfed - 450% damage to all enemies (as long as it chains, which it often does) and 70% chance of dealing 520% damage + 285 sand damage over 3 turns. I haven’t seen a hero obliterate a team single-handedly until Khufu, his damage dealing is in a league of its own. The question isn’t “should Khufu be nerfed?” It’s “when is Khufu going to be nerfed?” It should’ve already happened by now imo.

4 Likes

If a hero does not over present in leaderboard/top war defenses, he will not likely be touched.

So take a look a round and you will find the answer yourself.

2 Likes

He’s featured on the Act V portal. Don’t know if that means anything, but it would be really rude to nerf a featured hero.