⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Khufu

Khufu is strong yes but he is not horrible. Sure he can potentially kill a whole team the trick is to not allow him to.

Neither Khufu nor Goseck are that scary on their own. The problem is, that most players who own one of them, also own at least 4 other defensive monsters that allow those two to unleash their full potential. Prioritizing defense targets has become a nightmare. If you take out the ressurector, the damage dealers charge and you’re done. If you take out the damage dealers, the ressurector brings them back at full mana. If you try dispelling, it fails because of dodge or taunt. If you focus on blocking one hero, the others charge and slaughter you. If you try holding charged specials for a turn or two, all enemies are upon it, like fleas on a dog… and if you somehow manage to avoid all of the above, the passives put the cherry on top of your demise… unless you have the newest heroes, you’re done for…

2 Likes

I read the calls for Nerf, but again i have to point he is slow.
Attack teams always have the advantage, you can kill him before he activates, get taunt ready before be activates, get backpacks and minions…
Even dodge.

So i went looking for a khufu team to attack, of course he didn’t even activate, he died before he could get full mana. And i wasn’t using all the latest heroes, pretty basic attack team.

Of course if he hit me it would be fatal, but that’s the trade off for being slow.
Milena hit is also fatal on 11 tiles.

2 Likes

I mean, has anyone tried going against Khufu with a fast dodger? or Blind? or avg speed taunt? Or att down?

A slow hero going off should be OP. It’s slow. If all else, blame Xnolphod. He is the source of all the problems.

2 Likes

I’d rather fight Ghoseck any day than Khufu. Ghoseck doesn’t add another 400 damage via a passive DoT, nor does he automatically do 900-1000 damage to an entire team unless he’s already at lower health. Nor does he have 30% chance to resist silence, mana reduction, or anything else you try to do to stop him.

Khufu needs a nerf.

3 Likes

I use all 3 when I see KhuFU.
This is just me, but I have very few problems with Xnol without KhuFU

Its just my opinion, no hero should be OP but I guess you’re ok with that. Unfortunately, its getting worse and taking the skill out of the game

1 Like

A slow hero should not kill an entire team of maxed 85 heroes by himself.

Not even a very slow hero does that.

Khufu needs a nerf.

If you don’t get your tiles for your fast dodger, or your blind, or your taunt, you’re dead.

I agree Xnolphod needs a nerf too because he reduces games to just 4 moves to get tiles before you die, but that doesn’t change the fact that Khufu is stupidly overpowered. No other slow or very slow hero in the game comes even close to doing what he does. On top of that he’s the right class, the right color, and has the right synergy with other powerful S5 heroes, unlike e.g. Ghoseck who you never (mostly because he’s purple and doesn’t fit in a rainbow team).

1 Like

Don’t nerf him.
Make a more powerful replacement instead.
This will happen anyway so…

4 Likes

khufu only become dangerous when xnol present, just like old time vela teluria combo.

i think we have enough of neutering a hero that make them collecting the dust after the nerf.

khufu is perfectly balance just like xnol do.

khufu disadvantage = slow
xnol disadvantage = cannot deal damage

but if both combined together they become duo annihilator.

well for the sake of telluria vela incident not repeating again. better to close this thread.

3 Likes

Ludwig with Khufu is even more powerful based on my raids. Once Ludwig goes off, its GG. Especially if it becomes undispellable…

1 Like

My Kageburado and The Hater really love to fight against them :grin:

1 Like

ludwig with any decent damage next to him is GG even 2 S1 snipers.

Evelyn/hatter for me :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I agree. Sometimes I even hold off on firing a special that is ready because its not the right time. Like if I am facing a minion defense and my minion cruncher is ready to go but there are no minions. Personally when I face Khufu I wait until I have at least 2 attackers ready to buzz and a healer just in case.

when we get an open spot request to join Canadian Beavers ranked 200 , 50% Canadian rest USA and International alliance… line supreme514

I think you did very well!
The counter argument of…
"SG business will in danger" is horrific.

You are right! I apologize for also making this argument. It’s embarrassing… It comes from a
place of surrender. Maybe you see why I target the population. I never once argued with Petri over balance.

I have seen some blame Xnol. And I would give them credence. Where the combo is massive damage, that is NOT slow… But…
in my opinion… the true issue, is that the Legendary bubble has been over inflated. And has ballooned now, to the point that they must apply tape regularly to keep the whole thing from popping. Monthly nerfings is not something I ever remember experiencing in this game…

And you have to fight with players who say forget the tape, and let the balloon explode.
Suppose there are no more nerfs and the next creep is bigger stronger faster. In that case, completely disregard player defensive creativity and just insert new creeps directly into meta.
Which… man… are we there yet?

Sounds extremely expensive.
And extremely boring
At the same time

this is what people want.
I give up
And hope they get it.

I hope you keep on fighting for balance tho.
You have a clear and neutral voice for it!
But monthly nerfs, should suggest…
A different solution!!!
I recommend 6* heroes once. I can’t even find it in my threads. Looks like it got deleted. Maybe rightly so… not a great idea either. You may just have to get on the creep rocket until the boredom or pace becomes tiring.

Good luck!

1 Like

I was very lucky to draw Khufu. I emblemed and broke him. If he’s nerfed I want a replacement of my choice emblemed and broken. A nerf and “deal with it” I’m done. I don’t spend a lot but here and there I get deals. I was lucky to draw Telly… nerfed. I was lucky to finally draw 1 Christmas hero… costume Krampus… nerfed. My roster is S1 amd HotM… only season or event legendary Ive drawn have been nerfed. I’m tired of it. Just because the top 1% find synergies that make them stronger. All 3 GTV, max Christmas family, Xnol and others to boost Khufu. What about us who only have 1? It’s not right. Let the 1% be stronger. They paid for it.

1 Like

In my own personal opinion on the matter (even though I’m not really apart of this, or the meta one bit due to the way that I play)

I consider OP as a hero that, once it fires, the match has been decided in most cases (or is leagues better than their peers - aka C. Panther).

Regardless of circumstance, all heroes should be able to be countered reasonably, including post-fire. The slower they are, the harder it should be, but should still be possible. Or else all the game is is just hope for tiles to kill before the other team even sniffles at you… lame. Where’s the fun, and the thought, in that?

So if Khufu, once fired, is killing your team more often than not - regardless of supporting cast - with little to zero hope of recovering from, I’d call that a problem. Like, he needs a damage reduction, class change or speed reduction - sorta problem.

Also, one future OP hero - that has yet to be released - does not justify keeping a current one OP. That’s a recipe for disaster. …Like, just cuz the world is dying, it’s OK to start burning down forests or some :poop:. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

& If SG would just buff/balance heroes more regularly, and consistently, this wouldn’t even be a concern for people. That way, if Khufu gets over/under nerfed, it could be trusted to be corrected in the future. So in the end, this is on them either way.

It’s not the players fault, asking for legitimate balance for this game. Everyone here is clearly passionate, and cares, about it in their own way - just differing perspectives. It’s all on SG. Wanna direct anger somewhere, focus it where there’s true control, rather than those who have a right to voice if they’re struggling, but have almost zero impact on the grand result.

After all, don’t be forgetting those “metrics” SG love citing as their reason for any nerfs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15 Likes

Slow and very heroes SHOULD be very hard to recover from, or what’s the point? If they aren’t, they’re not worth it. May as well just run a bunch of hits 3 for 300%+ at fast mana…

6 Likes

I would love to see some videos of this claim that Khufu is wiping out entire full health level 85 teams in 1 special, that aren’t debuffed against an attack buffed Khufu… please someone show me?

Agreed. Which is why I said what I said:

I can’t say whether or not Khufu OSK a fully (or near) healthed team (even without support), as I neither play in the meta, nor have Khufu to testify to. However, if he does, that :poop: isn’t right. Esp not if we’re talking fully maxed/emblemed/LB 5*