⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Kalø

Don’t worry, Zynga/SG will nerf him for you, now that they have our money :grinning:

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion. I don’t think SGG is going to nerf heroes left and right. I think they have committed to making solid heroes one after the other and providing multiple portals to get great heroes from.

They seem to be combining that with an influx of upcoming strong heroes as well so that players can summon from multiple places and build great teams.

This is actually a major improvement over the previous approach of having 5-10 super powerful heroes that were sort of must haves to be competitive.

In the current meta there are 35-50 solid heroes that have stellar viability! It’s actually grossly improved from where E+P used to be.

What they’re doing in beta proves this too.

I know it feels bad that season 1/2 heroes are sorta getting left behind, but…it makes me wonder if SGG wanted to fix the 5-10 must have heroes ages ago, but didn’t just because they knew players would get mad about their weaker season 1-/2 heroes.

They seem to be moving forward and not worrying about it. Kind of an improvement for the overall meta if you ask me.

With that in mind. There are tons of great heroes out there, tons of great counters too. There are more great heroes coming, more counters coming too.

Case in point Kalo doesn’t need any nerfs. He is a super fun hero that really adds a good deal of fun to the game!

13 Likes

I highly doubt that Kalo is suddenly going to feature in a high percentage of the top echelons of raid defenses in any way similar to what happened with Telly/Vela and the Xmas defense lineups. As such, I don’t think he can really be considered a game-breaker. I still think Franz and Ferant are probably more versatile and effective than Kalo, but he will be fun to use on offense if you have him.

I didn’t get him, but I’d still like to see him stay as he is.

8 Likes

He shouldn’t be nerfed. If we’re going to get S5 buffs, there’s no point in nerfing Kalo. We need strong 4* heroes like Kalo, since future heroes will be even stronger.

2 Likes

Have you guys gone through the May balance update?

1 Like

Please realise that all of us are wasting our money on rentals for new heroes. Heroes that Zynga/SG will own & will nerf as & when they wish — after having grabbed our money
It started with Christmas heroes & the latest are Kingdom heroes & S5 heroes. They want to induce players to spend in Gargoyles (they already have) & S2 new heroes (who are OP & will be nerfed by these unscrupulous corporate thieves soon after release).
I don’t buy their logic regarding why they cannot make the changes in Beta before release.
The intention is very clear.
Businesses need to make money but there’s no fairplay here
In the absence of fairplay, I have stopped feeding them
Use your money to grab a drink, take your family out fine dining, on a holiday, etc.

14 Likes

It’s started with teluria and vela, not with the Christmas heroes

2 Likes

I’ll just say, I am scared to face a defense with Kalo and a resurrector like Anton. Imagine aiming for Kalo first, and you leave the rezzer…and they resurrect Kalo anyway, who proceeds to murder you with the skills of Franz / Colen etc. etc…

or you kill the resurrector first, and Kalo casts the resurrection anyway…

my stand re power creep, it would be great if hero accessibility also improves, like newer 4* being added to Hero Academy at regular intervals, so that more players can benefit from these heroes

4 Likes

There was quite a bit of gap after T & V. Now, it’s every month

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s nerf Kalo! In fact, he should be nerfed so badly, not even his wings would stay intact!

C’mon people, learn how to play this game with the heroes you have.

What was the beta consensus on him?

I think we should all be mad at SG. Let’s face it, they keep doing this, releasing an especially strong hero, and then when there’s a bunch of them out there wreaking havoc, they nerf it and say, “metrics”.

We should ALL be pissed! We keep spending money for heroes that are one way, and they get nerfed into something else. It just needs to stop. Either fix it before release (and don’t say you didn’t realize the potential for disaster) or leave the hero alone. Blatant bait and switch after we’ve spent chasing the strong, shiny new hero.

14 Likes

Don’t you think if you are treating a 4* hero like a one of the best 5* heros of this game, there is something wrong with this 4* hero?

I am F2P. I do not have him and I am not for nerf. If you paid and received the hero, you should get to keep it the way you received it.

2 Likes

In fact, Kalø actually bring Guardian Owl back but only for Guardian Owl at 1/1 :rofl:. Guardian Owl is the best AoE for Kalø to copy when all other ally die.

1 Like

@Pohiroshima
Some of us said in Beta that the Gargoyles were very strong and would dominate the game quickly.
I think there was only one of the 3* heroes that was underwhelming.
They have delayed the release of the main Gargoyle but pushed out the rest.
The Styx family- again some said in Beta that they we’re strong.
The current family in Beta are fairly balanced (but really good).
And some of the new costumes (Panther) we said needed to be toned down.
However, I have accepted that the power creep is just going to continue because that’s what people are pulling to get and it drives the behaviour from SG.
I suspect that like Ferant if Kalo start to dominate in teams, he will get a nerf
Just my two pennies worth

6 Likes

My initial analysis is that he can be very good, but it’s heavily conditional. The videos being shown are specific use case scenarios that not everyone can reproduce plus he has weak defense in the current meta. He can definitely blow things up but it means most of your team dying while he doesn’t. That is not always going to be possible. Again, highly conditional.

6 Likes

This was the feedback summary about him:

Other Garfolyes:

10 Likes

Don’t know if it’s possible, but if he used original dead heroes attack and defense stats that would at least get rid of idea of 1/1 overpower monsters as cannon fodder to set him up

2 Likes

While he’s powerful, he is extremely situational. The videos you’re watching are from some friendly hitting, and probably were taken a number of times to generate the outcome where somehow Kato survives and the rest of the team doesn’t… I’ve done a bunch of hits already with my LB Kato trying to mimic this, and it’s quite difficult to do since he’s a 4* - facing many teams who hit all, Kato usually is dying first while the rest of my 5s are surviving.

Let him play out for awhile before any knee jerk reactions. I agree he’s powerful in certain situations. I also won’t be surprised to see him in VF wars with C MN on the other side of him.

10 Likes

There are hundreds more broken heroes than him, I assure you. On defense, just kill him first. On offense, if he stays alive as the only one, you’re in luck

1 Like

I personally think his skill should be like

• Deals 200% damage to all enemies.
  • 40% to Cast each Special Skill of all fallen allies.

That mean each skill of fallen allies will have 40% to be triggered.

Remember, he is 4* average. His skill should not be as powerful as 5* slow like Mother North.

3 Likes