⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Hanitra

This thread is for discussing whether Hanitra is well-balanced, or whether you think she needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Hanitra. For that, please see: Hanitra – 5* Holy / Yellow - December 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Hanitra is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Hanitra is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Hanitra is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Hanitra is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Hanitra? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on her balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the main hero thread.

5 Likes

Add
150% damage to all enemies
Or Restore 25% health to all allies
Or make all allies buffs undispellable

To her special
This is because the dodge alone makes are useless in defense. This was the exact same issue we had with Inari

CKad hits and buffs with dodge
Inari hits & buffs with dodge
Margaret hits and buffs with dodge
CLittle John hits & buffs with dodge

It makes sense that Hanitra hits & then buffs with dodge as the dodge alone is a poor special.

It can be dispelled, waited out or the team can be made immune to buffs by an enemy attack

So please consider buffing Hanitra like you did for Margaret and Inari.

Thank you

11 Likes

Not the first one that said that but she is a HOTM and as far as I know it suppose to be a bit inferior that heroes that you can pull in portals due to, as many are calming, is too easy to get them. Maybe for those that spend money on the game

4 Likes

And what would then be Inari’s advantage over Hanitra while being significantly slower? We then go back to buff Inari again?

13 Likes

275 more hp from dodge is pretty much imo

2 Likes

This is neither true nor the requirement for a buff

Many think hanitra is better than costume kad. Can’t imagine heroes comparable to kadilen necessitate a buff.

Adding damage would make her a top hero. She’s a bit lacking as is, but she’s far from the worst hero. She’s good where she is.

17 Likes

I do not think that Hanitra is better than c Kad
cKAd
Fast
Class sorcerer 15% chance to drop mana generation by 50% for 2 turn
170 damage to all
45% chance to dodge
45% chance to summon a thorn minion 15% att and 15%hp (aprox 105 atk and 210 hp)

Hanitra
Fast
Monk 24% resist negative status effect
45% to dodge
45% to add 275 health, if exceed max goes to temporary
resist health reduction
Element link +10% healing for yellow for 4 turn

Besides the attack ckad can generate minion that can cause damage and also work as extra protection/health

The health reduction can be (not always) a counter for Alfrike or Fura besides that I do remember who else, pretty useless for most of the cases
and the elemental link only if you are using other yellows or another 2021 HOTM

Hanitra is not a true healer as c Kad is not a true minion generator

I always have to bring a healer with Hanitra because her healing is not guarantee which take the space of a hitter. In the case of Ckad if she does not dodge at least I have the direct damage and the minions created to cause more damage

So in my opinion c Kad for the direct damage and the minion damage is better

12 Likes

“Many think”

I hate that kind of phrasing/argument.

(I also happen to think, in this case, it’s a pretty bad argument! For all the reason @egeovannyam provided above, IMO, at least.)

Wholeheartedly agree with all of that though.

4 Likes

I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

There are plenty of top heroes - from the new seasons, costumes and new events.

Yes the hotms are easier to pull than season, costume and events but some rebalancing and giving everyone a better chance for a ‘top hero’ would reduce resentment.

Buff Tell and Vela bring them back to their original stats, let’s see if they’re used a lot or players prefer Frigg, Morel, Ludwig, Esme, Agrafena, Liz, Milena etc etc.

3 Likes

What do you hate about “many think”? I’m trying to recognize that some think Hanitra is better than a top hero.

Maybe I overstated many.

I agree with you and @egeovannyam that costume Kad is better, but one out of five people think Hanitra is.

Hanitra is a solid hero. She’s not the best Holy hero and she’s far from the worst. She also has a uniqueish skill. Let’s leave her alone rather than creating a new top hero.

2 Likes

You forgot about her 2 passives.

3 Likes

I don’t see a need to further adjust her.

She is still a very good hero whilst cKad remains best in class for dodge, situationally Hanitra could be more useable for team synergy. She also provides an alternative for those not lucky enough to get cKad.

Having no damage is fine when looked at as a whole with the passives. The overheal is preferable to the minion from cKad. Margaret has a dodge scale and its only her and nearby as opposed to all, which balances there. Inari has the hit plus minion mana which balances with her being slower.

Saw a suggestion of making buffs undispellable for all allies, that would make her OP with her passive as may never be able to have no dodge active due to her passive skill.

Very Good as is. CKad probably still better, but if cKad is the bottom line of what heroes should be in order to be useable then there’s a real problem with judgment

5 Likes

Compared to damage I prefer she also can recover hero’s lost HP, even 25% is already big help on that, because once max HP of the hero is reduced, it’s can’t be recovered.

She is fast but bit passive hero… As compared to other dodge heros
Atleast add 100% damage to all enemies on her card or something different that is indispensable

1 Like

Absolutely agree… Dodging alone is not so useful

1 Like

Firts battlefield impression: could as well go with an empty hero slot…

Hanitra 4/33, skill at 8/8, three raids, got hit (with dodge active) by Thor ( first and second charges), Skadi and Quenell. Dodge percentage so far: 0% (zero). Must be bad RNG, or maybe mine is broken, who knows… so very unimpressed… I’m yet to go against one on the defense, hope it performs better than on offense, or I might just have threw away 6 darts…

1 Like

Hanitra is good hero, the way she is & NOTHING extra needed = No buff or nerf needed !

Those wanting a buff like Inari need to LEARN :rofl: how to use Hanitra with appropriate team combo.

Hanitra gives me the benefit for playing without a healer = take an extra good hitter of any colour as per need = No urgency for c.Kad & Inari in my roster …

I plan to give darts to Hanitra before Inari for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

How you get extra hitter if you have hanitra instead of healer…

4 Likes

My frustration with heroes that dodge/buff/etc is the number of turns.
S1 were often six turns of effect which is excessive in most cases and with the new more powerful and multi-effect specials needed to be reduced.

Three turns almost always feels too short and four turns about right.

Perhaps this is a question of fast vs. average mana speed.

Krampus vs C-Krampus is all about the extra turn IMO. I was desperate for BK when released and incredibly fortunate to get him and yet rarely use him because three turns is simply too few.

Inari at three turns of dodge with average mana AND built of fine crystal…couldn’t justify her in the team.

Hanitra’s special is purely passives, her power comes from what the others do to you, I feel those specials merit an extra turn.

Her special only aids the team when an enemy special is fired, no attack boost, no damage…no pressure.

I like her mechanism and she is more towards the front of the Holy 5* queue than the rear but that doesn’t mean she will see darts
(so few, so far between. Well, main constraint is D-Blades for me but concept of bottleneck in mats for 5 star heroes stands regardless of exactly which mat it is).

3 Likes

Step - by - step:

• 5 Heroes go to raid / play…

• Normally I take a healer as one of those 5 heroes…

• Now I have the option to take Hanitra for her dodge as one of those 5 heroes…

• She gives me an OPTION to NOT take my healer & instead, take a hitter… of my choice / colour…

Since I have Wolfgang, he also gives me a similar option to go without a healer…

2 Likes