⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Goseck

This thread is for discussing whether Goseck is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Goseck. For that, please see: 🦸‍♂️ Goseck - 5* Dark / Purple from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Goseck is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Goseck is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Goseck is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Goseck is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Goseck ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Goseck thread.

I think he isn’t as overpower as Kalo but he is still overpower. He hit too hard.

Hero - Goseck_1_Small Hero - Goseck_2_small

Hero - Goseck_3_small Hero - Goseck_4_small

8 Likes

I don’t think Goseck is so OP. He is slow, same for Ludwig while Alfrike is very slow. So you have time to prepare your team before he can fire. Dodgers (including the HOTM Hanitra in the strong colour against him) and taunters can contain his powerful hit. Moreoever, his special is only this : to hit, but very strong. He doesn’t bring anything else during the fight, excepted his stone skin (a passive ability which can be neutralized with minions or tiles).

4 Likes

Goseck isn’t as strong as his original iteration (Fighter class and dealing a cap of 700%). Before a nerf comes, lets see how things will play out this coming week, since it is scheduled to be a 5* rush.

1 Like

No, he is more powerful than Ludwig and Alfrike. Here is why.

If you get 9 yellow tile before he fire, he will death as you stack 4-5 yellow heroes. Only 4-5 yellow tile will kill him.

If you can’t get 9 yellow tile before he fire, he will severely damage your team or even kill them all. As he is slow, he usually have <50% hp left when he fire.

If tank is Ludwig or Alfrike, you still have more chance. For Ludwig, there are more 1-3 turn left for prepare after Ludwig fire before the flank start killing your entire team. And for Alfrike, you can cleanse or wait until her ailment gone.

But for Goseck, it is very likely you will lose unless you get extremely big cascade after he fire.

2 Likes

if the board is bad, you can throw useless tiles on him to charge him without losing his health

another option is to avoid using yellows against him

no more nerfs please
you can blind him, use taunt, reduce his attack, control his mana… etc

ludwig is much more annoying as you’ll 2 dispellers or malosi and even him doesn’t need nerfs

alfrike is random too, she can hit your cleanser

also she doesn’t need nerfs.

Goseck has plenty of ways to work around him, he is not fighter class anymore which was too much on him

3 Likes

@Star150m Yes, he is manageable. It is depend on each person’s opinion. I understand if someone think he is ok.

But in my opinion he is overpower. His damage should be at most 275% to 550% not 325% to 650%.

Please. No more nerf threads for awhile.

He’s SLOW!!! His usage is already limited.

Slow and Very Slow Heroes are supposed to be stronger and deadlier if activated.

If this is the mindset, then Alfrike needs to be nerfed. Ditto for Ludwig.

May as well request Zynga/SGG to conduct a mass culling of OP slow/very slow heroes to get players to spend to get replacements.

Zynga/SGG will cackle with joy at the prospects of that future spend.

6 Likes

I hope he gets toned down because he never should have been released the way he was. How can a single hero deal sniper level damage to an entire team all at the same time. He shouldn’t be able to do that. No hero should.

1 Like

Peñolite can do this to minions/fiends summoners.
Milena can do this, and dispells buffs.
But don’t worry, Goseck is and will stay a rare event hero behind a huge paywall. He is not going to be a common threat excepted, maybe, in top 100 teams.

1 Like

Let’s nerf every 3* 4* 5* hero and play only with 1* and 2* :imp:

6 Likes

Milena shouldn’t be able to do it either and Peñolite doesn’t deal nearly as much damage as either of them. The condition that fiend/minion summoners must be present is far more niche and nowhere near as prevalent. If she did the damage to all of a minion/fiend summoner was present, that’s different, but she doesn’t and that condition makes all the difference. If Goseck and Milena had conditions like that, then I wouldn’t have a problem, but they do straight damage just for the hell of it and that’s not ok.

1 Like

exactly

plenty of nerf complaints for heroes who don’t need it and have PLENTY of counters around them.

players shouldn’t judge heroes to be OP based on their best conditions…

i can attack justice costume/owl and leave them last then complain about their damage

i can attack skadi with minions and complain about her stack damage

i can attack snow white with buff heavy team then complain about her… etc etc

this is exactly what is happening in this topic too

Goseck is pure damage dealer, he does absolutely nothing else. his only problem was his class and that was changed, now the attacker has control

3 Likes

I don’t think Goseck will be nerfed. Kalo got one because there are more players who had Kalo than Goseck. And most top teams right now, don’t use Goseck, since Xnolphod and Ludwig are the most popular choices right now.

1 Like

Ok he was really strong in Beta when testing. But does he warrant a nerf on his own. Hell no …
The problem I experienced in Beta was when you used 3, 4 or 5 heroes from the Gargoyle family in either defence or offence …
Now that team became super OP against current existing heroes.

And another OP hero in my opinion was Costume Guardian Panther, have two of her and she was really merciless in Beta

2 Likes

I’m going to pass on suggesting any hero needs to be nerfed, especially lines i don’t have. Sg is releasing good heroes… Then making changes after the fact… And they really need to stop that. Why not buff heroes after release… The other way around is demoralizing.

1 Like

They did. But only for those heroes hailing from the next summon portal that is opening in that month or soon enough.

If they buff the old heros we will not see so many nerf trades, heros like boss Wolf, jade, red Hood, g. Owl, Nemo, Lughaidh, Exeera even the new S5 heros (which are joke for now in the game) and a lot of the heros of the month we will see diversity and will don’t have this problems to counter all this new heros, but SG just don’t want to do that, they just wants to ruin the game and that is.

@PlayForFun Hello brother.
can you make a Hero balance discussion for Khufu? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Ok @Gala

I will create one for him too.