⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Elradir

This thread is for discussing whether Elradir is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Elradir. For that, please see: Elradir – 5* Nature/ Green - June 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Elradir is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Elradir is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Elradir is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Elradir is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Elradir? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on her balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Uraeus thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 36 hours.

If Elradir main purpose is to be counter for DOT dealers like Gravemaker, Vela and Clarissa, perhaps Berra his mana speed should be fast in order to keep up.

He is not very good for titans and practically useless in defence. As an attack hero with not very high damage he needs to be able to utilize his second skill fast in order to be somewhat usefull. Otherwise he may be efficient only against Azlar. May be also against some of the sand empire heroes.

In this case the strategy will be as follows:

1. Make sure all heroes have relatively low health by the time Elradir is ready.
  2. Activate Elradir and target Azlar with tiles so he can fire.
  3. Hopefully damage from Azlar kills everyone while Elradir is somewhat protected (does not reflect direct damage). At the end only Elradir stands alive.

In all cases in order to work Elradir has to be hit so he should work best against AOE attackers (so the hit is guaranteed).
However AOE attackers usually have devastating damage and the DOT is just in addition rather than main damage. All other heroes that have more DOT than straight damage are either fast or very fast and Elradir is hopelessly too slow for them.

Elradir looks very cool on paper but it seems he has no purpose. He does not help the team (except mana link) Ailments have to be present in order for his skills to work which is not good for the rest of the team either. If the rest of the team is heavily damaged he can not finish the job himself. He may prove to be worse than Reuben.

So many things have to line up for his skills to work that it makes him useless altogether. If everything lines up perfectly you would probably win the battle with or without his DOT reflect.

He should be used primarily for attack but I think both for attack or defense he should be in the middle so in case his reflect skill is on to make the enemy choose to only hit 2 with DOT like Gravemaker or Clarissa or get some damage back. This will make him a defense tank but he is not build for tank.

If he is fast or may be protects (with reflect skill) the nearby allies as well may be he will be useful.

Probably best scenario for using Elradir is when in attack we are facing defense team with BLUE TANK and COSTUMED AZLAR as FLANK

12 Likes

You need to buff elradir, even the community votes for it…

3 Likes

Buff everyone to keep up with the power creep in heroes. Even if it just the base stats. You did emblems poorly, you did power creep, and now we have these element things. Let me have my 5* and be within a reasonable power range to each and every other 5*. Good job on costumes though, I like those.

1 Like

Elradir is niche hero but he is absolutely amazing in what he is doing and his elemental link is very usefull.

2 Likes

Who did, what, where?

The majority of players think he’s not underpowered.

2 Likes

He’s a great hero when used well. Needs nothing.

1 Like

Elradir in underpowered, his special reflect needs to buff adjacent heroes as well to be even slightly competitive. The nature heroes can easily be divided into two categories: beasts and bar stools.

1 Like

Elradir is missing something even for a niche heroe…
He definitely needs a buff in HP in order to survive and use his reflect skill more.

And his special skill absolutely needs one more addition…

Just throwing some ideas here:

• Make his special skill fast
  • Reflect for as long as the ailment on Elradir is present
  • Cleanses ailments from ALL OTHER heroes
  • Heal allies for any reflected damage
6 Likes

Please buff Elradir to get him off the bench and make him more relevant in the game today

3 Likes

Such a waste of space on my Hero Roster,
But cannot get rid of him as he will be buffed the minute I feed him to another hero :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Please increase life and defense by 12%, instead of 255% so that it is 300%, or 1 attack and that is 430%. Change mana to fast.

2 Likes

Another hero needs some love and care.
According to my E&P life of 4+ years. SG mostly never upgrade a special skill of a hero when it comes to mana requirement. There are some cases it reduced but, i ve never seen when it comes to increase for speed.
My suggestion also is; increase his SS from average to fast. Plus, every time; As long as special skill active, he should prevent all allies taking damage from status ailments. its not going to be something like “resist status ailment” but we will see ailments on other heroes, but its like gargoyle’s innate ability, we are going to see ailments there but it will resisted when it comes to damage. Or another case; it can be shown as some kind of taunt, when the special skill active, only Elradir will see the poison, fire, sand damage on himself and protect other allies from DoT damage.

I’ve finally found a team that works well with Elradir, but even so I can still see room for improvement. His reflect either needs to activate earlier (through fast mana speed or, hope of all hopes, through a passive that will trigger whenever), or the duration needs to be longer. His damage is underwhelming too, but that may be because I went full shield path. Still. Love me some Elradir and I’ll soon work on my second.

9 out of 10 heros need bakanced again…

2 elradirs against the right team can win without any allies