⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Bennu

This thread is for discussing whether Bennu is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Bennu. For that, please see: ☀ Bennu – Season 5 Hero – 5* Ice / Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Bennu s reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Bennu is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Bennu is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Bennu s well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Bennu ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Bennu thread.

3 Likes

Nowadays, there are really strong 4☆ riposte heroes available, for example, Ferant and Artemia. Bennu doesnt have any ability to consider him above them besides a little more of stats. Even SIF, a legendary of season III seems more usable and useful than him.

So, Bennu needs an extra ability, like overheal, damage, water damage or dispel. i dont know, anything that completes him.

1 Like

She’s fine. Not exciting, not bad. With this hero and the HOTM it’s clear there won’t be many chasing heroes this month.

1 Like

I posted in the Bennu thread. I just don’t get why they designed Bennu like this when Azmia is already blue and in the Sun family. Too similar and Azmia saves you wasting the 4*AMs. Would love to see Bennu adjusted to offer something new, worthy of a S5 Lengendary hero.

3 Likes

He does have burn from the family bonus…and a blind from the passive (AFTER the enemy hits him so it doesn’t conflict with the riposte). I dunno, he seems pretty good to me. Plus he has FIVE turns of riposte and damage reduction…that’s pretty good for average speed. I think he’s a really good hero as is. Every hero doesn’t have to be the best of the best. I’d max him if I got him for sure.

3 Likes

Literally created an forum account just for this Bennu discussion.

I’ve had him maxed, emblemed and LB’d shortly after he dropped and I completely agree that he’s solid, but certainly not stellar. Hard to compare him to Azima since she does not have the damage reduction, which is vital to the counterattack. Special’s advantages over Sif are the counterattack/damage reduction over 5 turns and the counterattack ramp up. Special’s disadvantage is obviously the mana regen boost. Family bonus and passive are good, and passive anecdotally seems to fire more often than 60%.

In a perfect world I would bake the health boost into the special (keep it 10%) and make the passive similar to Milena’s with a 60% chance at 10% mana boost and keep the cleanse-all with it.

Just my 2 cents

9 Likes

Agree… do what the doctor says! :angry:

Making his passive +10% mana is a good idea

And why not the passive to remain the same and add 10% of mana gain in his special?

This hero will get a buff since $nG will
Have him featured a couple of more times. I went against him in an alliance raid, Dr Beno, and found he was very sturdy. I also only did 3 raids so I couldn’t really get a good feel if a buff is needed but he seems like a solid hero to me. Not a superstar but very useful as he is right now

What he needs is to make both the effects from his special uncleanseable.
It’s true that he is an okey hero but it’s just too easy to make him do absolutely nothing.
And/or that he gives taunt to him and the allies next to him (yes I know no one else got this special) so no sniper can evade his special.

I mean a lot of heroes can as we speak make him less useful than the worst s1 heroes. Seshat or cSabina for example, so now it’s just too easy to counter him.

2 Likes

it is not worth telescopes at the moment. It is simply weak, weaker than Azima

1 Like

Weak & mega lame !!! I’m surprised Bennu was released like this especially since the recent enquiry from SG regarding heroes we’d like to see buffed !! I mean let’s start with Klaern & Bennu !!! What a pathetic month !!!

1 Like

For what it’s worth… I think the perfect adjustment would still be to give him the health boost as part of the special (10-15%) and then give him the same passive as Papyros.

3 Likes

My opinion is that he must be buffed. To weak special for a 5* hero. Need some extra buff or heal, mana regen…Can’t have 4* heroes outshine 5*. No logic in that.

2 Likes

Does this not hold true for heroes like ludwig, bk costume, etc? Thats the risk you run with super buffers

4 Likes

Yes ofc but they are as you say super buffers, while Bennu is not the way he is now.

Agreed. If it was to all allies then he’d be classed as a super buffer but as is he’s only slightly better than Azmia & in some instances she can be better, where healing is needed for example.

difference of 6 scopes is too big in favour of Azmia :slight_smile:

Bennu really looks like a S1 hero, from his kit standpoint… IT is missing atleast one extra skill